VN Ren'Py Witches Pairing [v0.1.3p EA] [Kitty_SFM]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Setting aside the ethical and environmental issues of AI art, it's biggest issue in the context of a visual novel is a lack of consistency between images. Like even with genuine expert prompting you just can't get the same character twice. Which means that as you move through a series of images you have what is supposed to be the same character changing. Facial details will be different, the outfit will have different details, colors will shift, hair in particular can get wild. It just visually throws the player off.
Actually, you can get pretty consistent imagery with img2img software, which isn't that much harder to get ahold of than regular AI art that isn't those shitty online ones that always make the same crap.

See, the trick is to sketch it out for the AI, have the AI do the work, and if you have the art skills touch up the result. Most people skip both the first and the last step, so their gens are weird and inconsistent. But then most people just type their prompt in in plain english like they're getting a commission, which inevitably results in horrible abominations.

With a combination of img2img and inpainting you can actually skip having skill in traditional artistry entirely and get something pretty decent, though if you want to avoid that uniquely generic AI artstyle you'll need some level of skill in prompt engineering.

Kitty_SFM(Developer)

Thanks for your support, friends !
Game Developer
May 10, 2024
i understand your point and its cool if thats your opinion on AI art and honey select. i wont say there arent those games that are guilty of your claims but there are also those diamonds in the rough that have really good art and dont suffer from the inability to create the same character image. the best example i can give is "Echoes: Cards of Destiny" i dont notice any inconsistencies that you mentioned in that game.
Thanks for everyone for giving me your point of vision on this topic !
As for the consistency - you must train your own networks, low rank adaptation networks(lora's), and then you will get the same character in any imaginable by the Base model(or any additional connected to the inferention loras) tokens(imagine it to be synapses in huge enormous brain of visions(textual invertions(functions)).
As for the hands and eyes - these details is way too smal for the SD1.5(wich has 64x64 latent space/512x512 gen-pixel size after vae decoding), As for the SdXl - it lacks the anatomy knowledge due to the censure. As for the PonyDiffusion - its the place where things get uncanny - It's very good at generating anatomy, but it staggles with realistic style eyes...so just stick with cartoony generations. This is why style loras is so popular at the Pony Diff internet space. Buuuut...PonyDiff is based on the SDXL...aaaand whants 8 Gb of vram to even run on full vram...if you got 6 gb you will end up with -lowram mode at the comfyui aaaand...it will generate image per 1-1.5 minutes with Hyper lora and 8 steps. While the 1.5 does 512x768 bare bones with hyper and 4 steps for 5 seconds on the 1060 6gb, and then upscale to 1152x768 for 16,6 secs...aaaand then inpanting comes, with 512x512 patches for 2,3 sec...for an hour you will inpaint it untill get some really good result. With Pony it is impossible(doable only through SD tiled upscale) because - it so hard trained (5millions images for 3 mounth) so it's latent space got very far from what base SDXL(on wich it's based) was...soooo the controllnets, segs and other stuff will ...if work then really not ideal.
Sooo...the only real up-to-date sollution to REALY work with ai images is SD 1.5(And only the 2D-2.5D , to avoid the uncanny feel of missfigured but so realisticly textured and rendered imaginery, wich portray "human entity".

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: CptValor

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
Thanks for everyone for giving me your point of vision on this topic !
As for the consistency - you must train your own networks, low rank adaptation networks(lora's), and then you will get the same character in any imaginable by the Base model(or any additional connected to the inferention loras) tokens(imagine it to be synapses in huge enormous brain of visions(textual invertions(functions)).
As for the hands and eyes - these details is way too smal for the SD1.5(wich has 64x64 latent space/512x512 gen-pixel size after vae decoding), As for the SdXl - it lacks the anatomy knowledge due to the censure. As for the PonyDiffusion - its the place where things get uncanny - It's very good at generating anatomy, but it staggles with realistic style eyes...so just stick with cartoony generations. This is why style loras is so popular at the Pony Diff internet space. Buuuut...PonyDiff is based on the SDXL...aaaand whants 8 Gb of vram to even run on full vram...if you got 6 gb you will end up with -lowram mode at the comfyui aaaand...it will generate image per 1-1.5 minutes with Hyper lora and 8 steps. While the 1.5 does 512x768 bare bones with hyper and 4 steps for 5 seconds on the 1060 6gb, and then upscale to 1152x768 for 16,6 secs...aaaand then inpanting comes, with 512x512 patches for 2,3 sec...for an hour you will inpaint it untill get some really good result. With Pony it is impossible(doable only through SD tiled upscale) because - it so hard trained (5millions images for 3 mounth) so it's latent space got very far from what base SDXL(on wich it's based) was...soooo the controllnets, segs and other stuff will ...if work then really not ideal.
Sooo...the only real up-to-date sollution to REALY work with ai images is SD 1.5(And only the 2D-2.5D , to avoid the uncanny feel of missfigured but so realisticly textured and rendered imaginery, wich portray "human entity".
thats a lot of technical specs to keep track of! to be able to just know all that and give the breakdown here must mean you know a lot about AI. im impressed! i dont know if id be able to remember all that! it also sounds like a complicated process to make the images come out the way you want em. ive just messed around a little for fun but never realized how technical it all is.

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
I may have missed it, however scroll back appears to be disabled? Is this intended?

Plus the games are rather unfair when a player has a muscular disability and is unable to click fast enough. Very disappointing. I gave up after spending ages on the first game.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote