VN Ren'Py With Rain Comes the Flood Redux [v0.0.8] [thezaner]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
It is nice to have a redux of this, the first one started so well, promised so much, then, was derailed by something and ended up a bit messy. If you didn't focus too much on the story it was still fun, but, leagues bellow what it initially looked like it would be.

I am delighted to re-discover Desire and her daughters. Wishing them a much stabler story this time. Glad to try this from the very beginning.

Peace :)

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
Don't get me wrong hun, messy as it was a lot of us still enjoyed it.

The only problem some of us had is the relationships started to get a bit messy as it went on.

Still, you made some great characters and story many of us want to see cleared up and continue.
Exactly. I really liked Desire, Liv and Meg. Enjoyed immensely several of the other characters, but the main 3 and their interactions are still very memorable and enjoyable. Above all, even if messy and disjointed has the end become, you still bothered to give us an ending. For that alone you gained a lot of leeway with me. Very much appreciated.

About this one. Initial reactions:

- The quick menu, is a bit too bright and too distracting. I can see you took some effort to make it look good, but, needs a bit of resizing or recoloring (or both)
- I like this Liv. More assertive (by my choices, that I do appreciate) and more in touch with her feelings. Feels more adult.

Waiting on the border of my seat for what you will bring us next. Really interested.

Peace :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
you still bothered to give us an ending. For that alone you gained a lot of leeway with me. Very much appreciated.
100% agree.

It would have been so easy to do what other devs have done before and "remaster" the game half way through.

The fact this dev saw it through to the end then decided to tidy it up after completing it I think a lot of us appreciate.

Other devs could learn from that.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
This looks like something I'd enjoy, downloading now. It's nice to see that the previous version gets all these positive comments, in spite of apparently having a few problems.
Best of luck with this, thezaner

Reactions: thezaner

xwrathsx

Dec 24, 2021
Remake without the incest? :cry:
That seems like a pretty huge step in the WRONG direction. ;)
I did like the first one though.
not sure if you are asking for a remake without incest or are disappointed because the incest tag isn't able to be added yet? not really a spoiler but it will be there

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard

xwrathsx

Dec 24, 2021
By far my favorite dev working on 2 games at once and putting out more content on both than most devs put on 1. you never stop surprising me glad to be a patron :).please show your love and join the Patreon this dev deserves it

buff

May 29, 2017
Very cool to see you're looking at the feedback and improving the game! You generate an impressive amount of content in a short time.

So far I like it better. Hopefully we'll get to actually see Liv and Des seal the deal this time, in the original their relationship just kinda wandered off and got lost in a twisty maze of side-chicks that weren't as hot.

Some criticism: You could still use a native-speaker for proofreading, and everybody screaming in all caps is kinda wtf.

Reactions: TommyTuba

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Very cool to see you're looking at the feedback and improving the game! You generate an impressive amount of content in a short time.

So far I like it better. Hopefully we'll get to actually see Liv and Des seal the deal this time, in the original their relationship just kinda wandered off and got lost in a twisty maze of side-chicks that weren't as hot.

Some criticism: You could still use a native-speaker for proofreading, and everybody screaming in all caps is kinda wtf.
It is just the font :) I was thinking of changing it anyways :)

Reactions: TommyTuba and buff

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I liked the original game so I am sure I will have a great time with this game as well. This is probably not very likely to happen but I wish there is a path where all the girls are ok with them being with each other.

Reactions: _baka_

Myrroddin

Jun 15, 2022
I just finished the OG version an hour ago, and quite enjoyed the game. Yes, it could do with cleaning up, especially the relationships and "Engrish". If you want a proofreader, I'll be happy to help. The most common error in the OG game was "alot", which does not exist in English. It's two words: a lot. And having installed the game yesterday and completed it today, "a lot" is overused in the dialogs.

Since I didn't know about the remake, this question may be too early. I attempted to extract the files and got images for several scenes I didn't encounter, meaning there is value in replaying the game. What I did not find was any scripts. I wanted to create a walkthrough, and that doesn't seem possible.

Last edited:

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
ok... so I will post the newest version here at 0.8 since 1.0 will be delievered tomorow on patreon and subscribestar.

I have already started working on chapter 2 - and finishing up the latest for secrets. 1.5f will be here next week most likely. so stay tuned :)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote