VN Ren'Py With Rain Comes the Flood Redux [v0.0.8] [thezaner]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
ok... so I will post the newest version here at 0.8 since 1.0 will be delievered tomorow on patreon and subscribestar.

I have already started working on chapter 2 - and finishing up the latest for secrets. 1.5f will be here next week most likely. so stay tuned :)
the-office-bow.gif

Reactions: Udayana

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
thezaner serious question:

I have some screenshots of some proof reading I did while playing. Do you want them here or by Private Message, or, not at all? It's not much, but it can be spoilers.

I would suggest a "save here" warning before dropping out of the game after the last image. No chance to save at the end of this update.

Also, would it be possible to have part of the in game menu a way to get back to the Main Menu without needing to quit and restart?

Besides all that... has anyone seen the command for the Air Conditioning, it's getting hot and humid here......... Damn :p

Loving it. Really Loving it.

Peace :)

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
I liked the first version, but have others have said, it started to become very confusing and didn't hold together as it went on

Is this one worth playing yet? Or is it best to wait for a couple more updates?

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I love this project!

It's great.

But to redo the game properly, Liv's eyebrows should match the color of her hair, otherwise it's like the hair was dyed which is off-putting.

Also what about more consistency? In the evening she suddenly is dark red, in the morning almost golden blonde?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
I liked the first version, but have others have said, it started to become very confusing and didn't hold together as it went on

Is this one worth playing yet? Or is it best to wait for a couple more updates?
I don't really know what you mean by "worth".

What I can tell you is that it is a completely different start and a totally different progression, even if the characters are the same. So, far only Desire and Liv (Libby briefly), have been presented, but things are escalating already, probably because of my choices, YMMV.
Both women are more fleshed out in their attraction and interests, Liv acting a lot more adult, in spite of her aspect.

I don't know what attracted you in the previous iteration, so can't say if it's there already or not. If my own opinion is of any value to you, I'm loving it. If not... well you may have to see for yourself, no? ;)

I hope you do try.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
This feels more focused already than the first one, I have high hopes for this, uh "remix" (or fix if you will)

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I don't really know what you mean by "worth".

What I can tell you is that it is a completely different start and a totally different progression, even if the characters are the same. So, far only Desire and Liv (Libby briefly), have been presented, but things are escalating already, probably because of my choices, YMMV.
Both women are more fleshed out in their attraction and interests, Liv acting a lot more adult, in spite of her aspect.

I don't know what attracted you in the previous iteration, so can't say if it's there already or not. If my own opinion is of any value to you, I'm loving it. If not... well you may have to see for yourself, no? ;)

I hope you do try.

I think its more polished. The buildup is better . Li's fascination with areolas showing thru tops is cute.

Reactions: buff

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Checked this out on a whim, and I don't know how interested I am yet.

Anyway, it seems like by not touching Desire on the way to fetch plates, you get caught in an infinite loop where you repeat the next day over and over.

buff

May 29, 2017
Much better than the first one. Still has a lot of sloppiness to it, but the hot bits are even hotter.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
This seems okay so far, albeit short. Liv is cute but I do wish you could choose a name. It would make it feel more personal I think.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
thezaner, I see now that the original completed game is on here as well. I also notice that it has no animations, are there any plans to add them to the "upgrade"? And on that note, is this just going to be a shot for shot of the first one? I haven't tried the original but I notices a big lack of choices in this one so far. The only ones being who you want to check out or flirt with, every other aspect of the game is decided already. One last thing, why is Liv's hair fiery red when she takes it down?

Reactions: elsanna_iduna

buff

May 29, 2017
Since we're giving feedbacks, just throwing out that (1) I _like_ that Liv has her own name and identity and is not just a self-insert rag, and (2) I don't think a lot of "choices that matter" is a good idea here. We have already had a problem with the game becoming too complicated for the dev to handle (he's new at this) and do not want to make that mistake again.

I just wanna kick back and enjoy the story of Liv and Desire seducing each other, and am opposed to anything that gets in the way of that.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Since we're giving feedbacks, just throwing out that (1) I _like_ that Liv has her own name and identity and is not just a self-insert rag, and (2) I don't think a lot of "choices that matter" is a good idea here. We have already had a problem with the game becoming too complicated for the dev to handle (he's new at this) and do not want to make that mistake again.

I just wanna kick back and enjoy the story of Liv and Desire seducing each other, and am opposed to anything that gets in the way of that.
It sounds like your looking for a KN where everything is already pre-established and carved in stone.

buff

May 29, 2017
It sounds like your looking for a KN where everything is already pre-established and carved in stone.
Eh, I actually like choices, but they are often too much for a small indy games with a single amateur developer....

Lots of flags, lots of options => slow development due to need for excessive testing and bugfixing
Lots of versions of renders with minor changes => even slower development, since work is multiplied buy the branch count
Lots of content you can't get to in a single playthrough => That's fine on a finished game, but on one you are playing for a few minutes every release means a major pain for the player trying to keep track of multiple routes, especially since the save systems are usually lacking things like commentable saves.

I think most amateur game devs would be better off leaving out the choices and finishing the main route KN-style, then going back and adding more one at a time. That way at least every update will have a decent amount of route advancement, albeit for only one route.

The choices in a game like this should probably be minor things that advance grind progression or cause minor dialogue variations, but don't really block out major content.

Myrroddin

Jun 15, 2022
I found an English typo, not a grammatical error, just a spelling mistake, in build 0.08. When Liv and Desire sitting outside after shopping for phones, Liv says: "We will never judge you. We accept you for who you are now, the past, and the furture."

Also, the dialog transitions leading up to going shopping seem to be missing something. I'll play through again and note the spots where the story jumps.

So far, I'm liking the Redux, and I liked the original game, even with its errors. The improved graphics in the Redux are very good!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote