VN Ren'Py Completed With Rain Comes the Flood [v1.0] [Stiffman Productions]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Change the Font Size Scale in the mods quickmenu. Swipe up to get to the save screen.
I tried the font scale but that didn't change the button size or the text within. And swipe up doesnt work either. Only sliding forward to skip works

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I tried the font scale but that didn't change the button size or the text within. And swipe up doesnt work either. Only sliding forward to skip works
Swipe up works for me. And you are unable to click the Mods button at the bottom right?

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I think that is a really good idea, and, despite my rude words, I want to say you have most of the pieces at hand already, just try to boil the characters and the content down to the essence of what this VN started as. The first release you did was, arguably, the best iteration of the game. Expand on interpersonal, believable interactions (you can do that by basically using what you dub the best parts of the Desire/Liv relationship & interactions you already wrote, while cutting out the stuff that's just there to have all the relationships & characters in 1 story somehow)

Then, if you feel like it, do the same with the content related to Megan. As someone wrote before: Make sure there is more than 1 ending, cause otherwise the player decisions feel pretty much superfluous. If multiple endings aren't your thing then, at least, make it so that player decisions have an important impact on how scenes play out. Otherwise just cut them completely, which would also be fair enough, branching stories are really challenging to bring to life.

In regards to the sandbox thing: I'm sure some people won't like it, and I can see the reasons why, so, just my idea, to not make that feature a chore 1st of all don't make it too overbearing, yes, pacing of the VN is a bit rushed, but that doesn't mean it would be great to mix that with, e.g., 50% repetitive actions just to make it feel longer (I'm sure you know that, though). Make sure the things the player can do outside of progressing the story aren't too convoluted to keep track of, aren't just repetitive "click X times" things but maybe use the "downtime" as an opportunity to cast some more light on the characters you keep around, turn some of the scenes you already wrote for the VN into moments that happen during the "sandbox" part...just some ideas, of course.
That is exactly how I feel right now. The words weren't rude, just an eye opener - it felt like an attack at first, but then I gave it some thought. You know, that dude is right... Fast-paced, and too many characters were introduced too quickly... As far as the sandbox game, I hate clicking a million times to get one more piece of the action... kind of like the mountain game... good game, but way too many times to click click click... So that's why I want to do this in a shorter way with minimum clicks to get what you are looking for.

The whole Megan part of the story will exist, the Libby story will exist - the rest will end up being NPC's with no real action included. With all that being said, I am re-working the storyline to make this a better game and a better story. Thanks for the input also! It does help...

Reactions: Orphanus

buff

May 29, 2017
As far as the sandbox game, I hate clicking a million times to get one more piece of the action... kind of like the mountain game... good game, but way too many times to click click click... So that's why I want to do this in a shorter way with minimum clicks to get what you are looking for.
The problem with Sandbox games is that when devs playtest them, they *know* what they are looking for so they don't see how grindy it is to the average player who is just looking for a story and a fap. I always prefer menus to sandbox because they are basically the same, except that in sandbox I have to click on 5 buildings before I find the next event. If you really want sandbox, please make it so that some kind of marker appears on buildings when an event is ready there-- that one thing eliminates most of the pain.

The whole Megan part of the story will exist, the Libby story will exist - the rest will end up being NPC's with no real action included. With all that being said, I am re-working the storyline to make this a better game and a better story. Thanks for the input also! It does help...
I recommend you focus heavily on Desire. The Liv/Desire relationship is the thing that makes people want to play the game. Everything else is at best a bonus and at worst a distraction. Even Megan's value is mainly in how it influences the Desire relationship.

Kokoko253

Jun 12, 2020
I thought Desire and Megan were the most important characters, as the game started as the story of Liv/Desire, and halfway changed to be about Liv/Megan. Libby I liked, and I would consider keeping Zoey and Thea too, as they were important part of the story (and I liked their scenes). The other girls (around 5-6), I couldn't even bother to remember their names. Good luck with the reimagination!

Reactions: Gwydion

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Ok - so for anyone interested... I want to share a few things tonight... I want to share the new game demo of secrets. I am uploading them now. AGAIN! THIS IS JUST A BETA VERSION! There will be some mistakes, and sometimes the game will not show certain items. This is almost a complete stage 1, however, it does not have any quest system installed yet, and the minigame (clickbait) is not activated. It will have it's own thread as well. I hope you all enjoy the hard work that was involved in creating this round.

Thanks!

Malika1234

Sep 27, 2021
its good but not really a fan of sandbox as it keep repeating the same things over and over, but other than that game looks good!

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Nooo why sandbox :(

Hopefully its going to be the good kind then (or rather, not bad kind, imo no sandbox is good) ... not those grindy as fuck "games" out there

Reactions: BOBJevent

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Hmm. I think imma wait for the rework. Ive been playing this lately and for some reason i thought this game had the harem tag only to realize that it doesnt. I think ive messed up my paths now, everything is kinda messed up in my game now.

Would be nice to have some soft of ending guide or at least a list to what endings can be achieved.

Reactions: xwrathsx

rachelrising

Sep 25, 2017
Is there really no Liv x Des ending? Almost the whoel game is about them and then there's no ending for them?
I tried several times bt it's always Liv x Megan or something

• Sad
Reactions: _baka_ and guisti

buff

May 29, 2017
Is there really no Liv x Des ending? Almost the whoel game is about them and then there's no ending for them?
I tried several times bt it's always Liv x Megan or something
There is not. It's crazy, the whole attraction is the M/D lezcest, but the developer got carried away with a bunch of random side chicks and just ignored the main girl. You can get the "sister" (who turns out to be a non-relative, so meh) but not the mom.

I was hoping the dev would add an ending, but they've decided to put their efforts into a whole new game. Not a bad idea since this one is a mess, but unfortunately they made it sandbox, and I doubt their renpy skills are strong enough to handle event-based development once the game gets more complex (which it will, developers always get bored with their characters and start adding side girls).

Reactions: guisti

d0tc0m

Jun 15, 2021
this is my first VN without male protagonist and I can write it's prety good
icing on the cake the game is 100% over
I love the story graphism and characters
just Ihave 1 question
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for this share

wolverutto

Jul 17, 2017
Hello,
can you help me? How do I save? I have reached the second chapter but if I quit the game now, tomorrow I have to start over. Thank you.

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes