VN Ren'Py Completed With Rain Comes the Flood [v1.0] [Stiffman Productions]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

guisti

Jul 7, 2021
after yes we must not forget that it is his first vn and that he can improve with the next ones

buff

May 29, 2017
I'd like to see the dev run a poll on their patreon about which girl people most want to see more content for. I think they are under the misguided assumption that most people give a shit about the side girls...... I'd imagine that most of the players are interested in Desire and maybe Megan (although since we found out she was adopted that stopped being a special situation as well).

Reactions: ridi01

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'd like to see the dev run a poll on their patreon about which girl people most want to see more content for. I think they are under the misguided assumption that most people give a shit about the side girls...... I'd imagine that most of the players are interested in Desire and maybe Megan (although since we found out she was adopted that stopped being a special situation as well).
It's not even a case of who I want to see most I just want the relationships to make sense.

It starts off as a mother/daughter romance and ends up as a massive clusterfuck of nonsense.

All this "it's their first game" is absolutely no excuse for how messy it gets. If anything, being their first game should have been a reasson to keep it simple and not throw in relationships out of nowhere.

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
All this "it's their first game" is absolutely no excuse for how messy it gets. If anything, being their first game should have been a reasson to keep it simple and not throw in relationships out of nowhere.
I had a bad habit of laying down too many tracks and overcomplicating my projects when I started writing and recording music. It's easy to lose sight on what makes the idea work and get lost in the rabbit hole. "No excuse" can be your opinion, but I don't fault the dev for being overly ambitious, of which he/she will learn from to eventually make better products...as long as they don't get too discouraged by comments like yours.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
The game is being advertised/sold on the Mother/Daughter theme- that should be the MAIN focus. If you want to have other relationships, sidelines, plot complications or whatever, fine, but don't lose sight of that main goal, which is your selling point.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
as long as they don't get too discouraged by comments like yours.
If they can't take criticism they shouldn't be putting their work out for public consumption.

Nobody learns anything without being told what they are doing wrong. The game has issues, big ones, and the dev needs to work on them for their next games or they will repeat the exact same mistakes.

I'm not going to sit in a big circle jerk and pretend everything is perfect when it very clearly isn't.

Too many people on this site seem to have a problem with people criticising devs and it's about time they Elsa the fuck up and let it go.

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
It's not even a case of who I want to see most I just want the relationships to make sense.

It starts off as a mother/daughter romance and ends up as a massive clusterfuck of nonsense.

It should have been very simple, MC with Liv (Daughter A), maybe add Libbie as a foil for Liv and the therapist for MC, boom, classic romance Square.

But somehow it feels like a complex organic compound now

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And its not even that bad, its just a sad waste of potential.

Reactions: buff and Avaron1974

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Maybe saying it's "garbage" isn't the best - nor the fairest - way to describe it. But this game is an amalgamation of random characters & stories that don't go well together. And I totally agree with those who say it's not helpful to ignore the blatant shortcomings of the story, characters, relationships & the failure to connect everything in form of a coherent story & tell the Dev it's alright.
It's not. It's a mess. That doesn't mean the Dev should stop developing or anything, but to create a story you need to have a plan & you have to resist the urge to include everything that jumps to your mind in one moment, or that some people ask for.

What makes me grumpy about this game is the extremely misleading advertising, as well as the fact that it started out fine (if anything maybe the pacing was a bit too fast) but then, with each update, it got worse and worse for no reason.

It doesn't take experience to come to the conclusion that just throwing stuff together doesn't make for a great visual novel.

The whole thing could have been a bunch of sliders + animation, the story might as well not exist, it's so nonsensical.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe saying it's "garbage" isn't the best - nor the fairest - way to describe it.
I don't think it's garbage. I enjoy most of it even when it gets messy I still enjoy the sex scenes.

It IS messy though.

Starts off great. Starts to get a bit sloppy in the middle when the second daughter and her friend turn up, it starts introducing more characters but doesn't explain where or why.

By the end the relationship most of us started playing this for is all but gone and everyone is with someone else just because.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I don't think it's garbage. I enjoy most of it even when it gets messy I still enjoy the sex scenes.

It IS messy though.

Starts off great. Starts to get a bit sloppy in the middle when the second daughter and her friend turn up, it starts introducing more characters but doesn't explain where or why.

By the end the relationship most of us started playing this for is all but gone and everyone is with someone else just because.
I can agree with that, there's a lot of wasted potential, individually the characters and relationships probably would work, but throwing them all together is very confusing & connecting (or rather combining) them makes them feel meaningless.

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I know... And believe me, i think you are right... I had way too many ideas, and even in the original story... I had to trim it for the VN. But now I know, and the comments and crits make me stronger... I never give up, and only make things better for the starting point. As far as it is being messy... I believe it can be better. Even now as I am re-doing the first chapter, I think that this should be included for the romance aspect of it... and I have a feeling certain characters will be dropped... and then most of the game will be re-written for the sake of the sister / therapist only! So I am working on a newer version of this, and hope to make it better than before.

thanks!

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I did a mock-up of the redo for this game.
startpage_menu_template.png
So I decided to make this a sandbox game after all - since the regular VN is too fast with Liv's actions. Plus, it will use the same engine as my other game, so it won't be too hard to complete the 1st chapter.

Dec 7, 2020
The game got very confusing when it kept introducing lots and lots of new characters, yes. Each time the game got updated I had to make an effort to remember who some of the secondary characters were, and what was their relationship to the main ones.

But even if the game is far from perfect, the sex scenes, the render art, and some of the more meaningful character interactions, were very nice.

For your "remake" just keep things more focused, with less but more fleshed-out characters, be more consistent with character relationships and interactions (the mother-daughter relationship was very inconsistent), and I'm sure it will be great!

Also, you can always combine different personality traits or backstory elements from some of the current characters into the new and less numerous characters, so in a way you don't have to scrap so many ideas. For example, I liked Liv's best friend and classmate, Libbie, she was cute. I hope she's not scrapped, but you can always combine the classmate/best friend traits with other traits in another character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoko253

guisti

Jul 7, 2021
it would be necessary to have less characters, and to have minimum 2 endings
1 end Desire/Liv (since the vn is sold on that)
2 end Desire/Megan not mandatory there should be also Libbie/Liv
well, there are too many characters, I want to stay with Zoey Thea and Libbie but the others are there for sexual satisfaction

It's true that the story goes from right to left, there was a nice romance but once the phase between Liv/Desire are more and more rare and the story focuses too much on Megan and we leave aside Desiré/Liv especially that on the poster it's not there

ps a little thought to the little saleswoman who had only 5 min of screen time

even after all these defects it will remain in my heart

Last edited:
Reactions: rssf and BOBJevent

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I did a mock-up of the redo for this game.
View attachment 1995808
So I decided to make this a sandbox game after all - since the regular VN is too fast with Liv's actions. Plus, it will use the same engine as my other game, so it won't be too hard to complete the 1st chapter.
I think that is a really good idea, and, despite my rude words, I want to say you have most of the pieces at hand already, just try to boil the characters and the content down to the essence of what this VN started as. The first release you did was, arguably, the best iteration of the game. Expand on interpersonal, believable interactions (you can do that by basically using what you dub the best parts of the Desire/Liv relationship & interactions you already wrote, while cutting out the stuff that's just there to have all the relationships & characters in 1 story somehow)

Then, if you feel like it, do the same with the content related to Megan. As someone wrote before: Make sure there is more than 1 ending, cause otherwise the player decisions feel pretty much superfluous. If multiple endings aren't your thing then, at least, make it so that player decisions have an important impact on how scenes play out. Otherwise just cut them completely, which would also be fair enough, branching stories are really challenging to bring to life.

In regards to the sandbox thing: I'm sure some people won't like it, and I can see the reasons why, so, just my idea, to not make that feature a chore 1st of all don't make it too overbearing, yes, pacing of the VN is a bit rushed, but that doesn't mean it would be great to mix that with, e.g., 50% repetitive actions just to make it feel longer (I'm sure you know that, though). Make sure the things the player can do outside of progressing the story aren't too convoluted to keep track of, aren't just repetitive "click X times" things but maybe use the "downtime" as an opportunity to cast some more light on the characters you keep around, turn some of the scenes you already wrote for the VN into moments that happen during the "sandbox" part...just some ideas, of course.

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 1.0
Size 314 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR
The ui is tiny that I cant click it. And sometimes disappears entirely and can't save or load that if I close the app I have to restart

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
The ui is tiny that I cant click it. And sometimes disappears entirely and can't save or load that if I close the app I have to restart
Change the Font Size Scale in the mods quickmenu. Swipe up to get to the save screen.

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes