3.00 star(s) 32 Votes

Desenra

Jun 23, 2020
Here to ask once again if the UI/map is still not helpful or if its better now? Thanks in advance.

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
tbh I find stable diffusion stuff quite erotic when they arn't spawning weird horrors. The issue is keeping up some"stability" through different pictures for a single character

MrHHH

Jan 5, 2018
Thanks to the people who did like it, and thanks for a lot of constructive response!
Hey, I have a bug to report. It's impossible to play this game on an ultrawide monitor. I can't get to the settings to change the video resolution at all. So all the buttons on the bottom are off the screen.

Reactions: bombten

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Erm, I can't even remember now: is there a way manually to change clothes (like an inventory system)? I don't remember there really being one, and after the pool party and sleeping my MC stays in his boxers, even wandering around outside of the Gryffindor dorms. It's not the worst thing in the world, ofc, but it is a little odd.

Edit: The glitch is gone. I saved just outside the dueling class, closed the game, reopened and reloaded. Now he's in proper attire once more.

Last edited:

Gaias

Aug 22, 2016
Hey Dev, when I finish stargazing with Hermoine my guy just falls into the void and doesn't scene transition.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Erm, I can't even remember now: is there a way manually to change clothes (like an inventory system)? I don't remember there really being one, and after the pool party and sleeping my MC stays in his boxers, even wandering around outside of the Gryffindor dorms. It's not the worst thing in the world, ofc, but it is a little odd.

Edit: The glitch is gone. I saved just outside the dueling class, closed the game, reopened and reloaded. Now he's in proper attire once more.
Lmao uh good point. Been fixed now and he puts some clothes back on now. Cheers!

Hey Dev, when I finish stargazing with Hermoine my guy just falls into the void and doesn't scene transition.
Fixed also! Build coming up in a moment

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
Dec 20, 2018
I seriously love the art, and the concept is really fun as a longtime HP fan, but I've unfortunately been HAMMERED with glitches and crashes. Finish a quest/cutscene, fall through the universe forever. Use the 'Unstuck' button, now I'm suddenly a brunette and can't jump. I fought through a lot of that because I was still having fun and wanted to progress, but now I'm utterly stuck. On the day where you do Advanced Charms Class, and the doors are open with nobody in there. Can't trigger anything. Can't progress. I've done all the side quests I can, caught the wombat, played bartender, searched for scripture tablets, but now I'm just stuck on this day where I'm told to go to class. Plus I keep getting a glitch where I simply can't save anyone. Tells me an event is in progress. Even though I'm just like, vibin' in the dorm room. Have to reload and just hope it doesn't happen again.

Note: I haven't found ALL the scripture tablets yet and I still have the quest to find the ghoul on the abandoned corridor, but I've done all I feasibly can whilst running around for hours and I simply cannot progress.

I really really like the game and it's style/progression, but the constant crashes and backtracking are really grating.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I seriously love the art, and the concept is really fun as a longtime HP fan, but I've unfortunately been HAMMERED with glitches and crashes. Finish a quest/cutscene, fall through the universe forever. Use the 'Unstuck' button, now I'm suddenly a brunette and can't jump. I fought through a lot of that because I was still having fun and wanted to progress, but now I'm utterly stuck. On the day where you do Advanced Charms Class, and the doors are open with nobody in there. Can't trigger anything. Can't progress. I've done all the side quests I can, caught the wombat, played bartender, searched for scripture tablets, but now I'm just stuck on this day where I'm told to go to class. Plus I keep getting a glitch where I simply can't save anyone. Tells me an event is in progress. Even though I'm just like, vibin' in the dorm room. Have to reload and just hope it doesn't happen again.

Note: I haven't found ALL the scripture tablets yet and I still have the quest to find the ghoul on the abandoned corridor, but I've done all I feasibly can whilst running around for hours and I simply cannot progress.

I really really like the game and it's style/progression, but the constant crashes and backtracking are really grating.
TBF, that "event in progress" block to saving happens on purpose, at least at certain times. I've found that if I save as soon as an event finishes, I don't have the trouble. But if I were to, say, run to Potions and try to save outside the door before entering, that message is likely to show up. Knowing the behavior, I've just learned to play within those restrictions. I've only once or twice found that an event appeared to be finished but I couldn't save, but it turned out that the event phase was done, but the rest of the event hadn't been completed yet. So saving being blocked seemed to fall in line with the same pattern I described above.

As for the falling through the world, I know BWG has said he's reset save pointers b/c of earlier problems with those. It's possible some of the old pointers weren't updated, causing the issue. He's been really great at getting stuff fixed pretty quickly. If you don't see an update with a fix in the next little bit, it's very possible he's sleeping for the night or something.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewitchgames

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023

Thanks a lot for the words, seriously, and sorry about the hiccups. The new character controller has just been implemented and it had a couple of problems with some of the transitions. If you download the latest build, some (and hopefully most) of them should be fixed now. As for the missing class in the charms classroom, it sounds like it, for whatever reason, didn't save the state to your saved variables. If you open the console by entering i, try and write fActiveRemote,class1_charms_BEGIN,true and it should appear.

Cookiemonster's way to go about saving is a pretty good rule of thumb while it's still a bit clunky. I THINK I'll have time to look for all the places where it doesn't correctly re-enable save before the next release. Talked about it a bit before too and I realise it's got a lot of problems. Until then, if you are absolutely sure that you are not in an instanced event, you can enter canSave in the console. A bit wary about posting it here because it usually leads to more problems than it solves, but it'll let you save under any circumstances

ital

Jan 26, 2019
The game is hard, you go into a room and then you can’t get out, you’ll fall through the textures

Dec 20, 2018
TBF, that "event in progress" block to saving happens on purpose, at least at certain times. I've found that if I save as soon as an event finishes, I don't have the trouble. But if I were to, say, run to Potions and try to save outside the door before entering, that message is likely to show up. Knowing the behavior, I've just learned to play within those restrictions. I've only once or twice found that an event appeared to be finished but I couldn't save, but it turned out that the event phase was done, but the rest of the event hadn't been completed yet. So saving being blocked seemed to fall in line with the same pattern I described above.

As for the falling through the world, I know BWG has said he's reset save pointers b/c of earlier problems with those. It's possible some of the old pointers weren't updated, causing the issue. He's been really great at getting stuff fixed pretty quickly. If you don't see an update with a fix in the next little bit, it's very possible he's sleeping for the night or something.
Hey, really appreciate the prompt input! I noticed the Event In Progress thing often enough that it kinda became a trigger that 'oh shit my game is about to crash', but I'll try taking the advice and see if I can avoid it being as big a problem. A question though, do you happen to know if what origin or whatever you choose causes problems? I've been picking Northerner, because, well, I'm a big blonde guy with Nordic heritage and I like to play my games vicariously. But a bunch of the glitches I've experienced end up turning me into the brunette and when that random shift happens is when I get slammed with ALL the bugs, no jumping, no saving, hella lag suddenly, that kinda thing. Just a sudden thought.

Also, if the dev sees this, I REALLY love your work and I mean no offense, sleep well and keep on keeping on. Just trying to help in my own little way by posting my experiences thus far. Can't wait to see how the game grows and keep chasing after some big bouncy witch tits! haha

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
So for me the game is un-playable. I start a new game, select region and am then faced with a wall of text that cuts off at the bottom and I can't progress. No keys do anything other than esc which brings up options, but none of them are selectable. Forced to alt-tab out and close game.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Hey, really appreciate the prompt input! I noticed the Event In Progress thing often enough that it kinda became a trigger that 'oh shit my game is about to crash', but I'll try taking the advice and see if I can avoid it being as big a problem. A question though, do you happen to know if what origin or whatever you choose causes problems? I've been picking Northerner, because, well, I'm a big blonde guy with Nordic heritage and I like to play my games vicariously. But a bunch of the glitches I've experienced end up turning me into the brunette and when that random shift happens is when I get slammed with ALL the bugs, no jumping, no saving, hella lag suddenly, that kinda thing. Just a sudden thought.

Also, if the dev sees this, I REALLY love your work and I mean no offense, sleep well and keep on keeping on. Just trying to help in my own little way by posting my experiences thus far. Can't wait to see how the game grows and keep chasing after some big bouncy witch tits! haha
The character origin is just a small flag and some texture changes so it HOPEFULLY shouldn't punish you for selecting the northerner option. I made a clunky implementation the first time around and there are a couple of instances where I've forgotten to add some of the models in the 'cutscenes' so that it doesn't correctly update the textures. If you run into any more, and if you got the time, please do post them here and I'll get them fixed. Tho I guess there sort of is a connection between the models fucking up and the rest of the game doing it with them, since it's the cutscenes where the problems start to crop up haha

Again, the words are seriously appreciated! And my man, go get em :cool:

So for me the game is un-playable. I start a new game, select region and am then faced with a wall of text that cuts off at the bottom and I can't progress. No keys do anything other than esc which brings up options, but none of them are selectable. Forced to alt-tab out and close game.
Right, ty for the pointer! I might have forgotten to fix that particular UI element to properly scale with different resolutions. Will get a fix in tomorrow, but I really have to head to bed for now. Cheers man!

ital

Jan 26, 2019
After a conversation on the lake shore, when they give a choice of parameters, the character falls into nowhere and flies, I don’t know how to get around it

Dec 20, 2018
Thanks so much for being so involved with your project, it's honestly really cool to genuinely talk to the person behind the project directly. Appreciate the advice, and I'll reboot and take it under accordance, excited to see just how far I can go. Thanks for the heads-up so I can keep playing my Northerner lad, I'll be sure to pop in if I find anything in particular. Now, time to seduce some witches!

3.00 star(s) 32 Votes