3.00 star(s) 32 Votes

impulse32

Dec 30, 2016
I think this game needs a little more idiotproofing, as idiots like me are getting stuck. I couldn't even find my way to the charms classroom even though I felt like I checked every door I could find.

Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019
The worst thing about minigame is that even tho it was skippable, it wasn't skippable once you start it tho, so when I was playing the last time, I've lost bunch of progress, because game didn't allow me to save because I was mid event -_-
When I've had to redo everything again, just so I could skip the game, I've decided it's better to just wait out a few more versions when there's more content and it's hopefully fixed/dropped completely.

What I'm having more issues with however is how everything still looks washed out. It's literally painful to look at screen (I usually don't have problems with eyes hurting when I stare at screen for too long, but game took a toll on me), due to brightness, and how "mushed" everything becomes due to it all being washed out.
I've thought at first that maybe it was to hide lack of details, but since game looks great during night, it's stylistic choice, and it's terrible one imo, especially since locations look fine during night, and there wouldn't be need to hide stuff.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I didn't start to play yet, so I won't leave any comment about the game here, just read some of the complaint above and saw someone said, " we are now all spoiled man babies who can't focus or read " and this is true with the TikTok causing young generation nowadays more or less ADHD so I would recommend the Dev just focus on what you think is good for the game and look for a real and detailed review and ignore those "stupid fucking game" type of people so that their emotion don't affect your energy to work on this game.
Seriously appreciated post man, thanks. I do empathise with those people a bit tho and I got diagnosed ADHD myself which leaves me rushing through a lot of details in the games I play on my own. Gonna try and find a midway between my original vision of a big, confusing castle and the precise, "go over there" types of games we've all gotten kind of used to

Ah. AI, that's a shame.
AI garbage
Yes, that's what it says right there, in the OP

I think this game needs a little more idiotproofing, as idiots like me are getting stuck. I couldn't even find my way to the charms classroom even though I felt like I checked every door I could find.
Yeah is definitely something I'll work, as mentioned. For now, there is a walk-through in the discord made by Reppumaru. The charms class specifically is through the big door in the corridor that's on the right of the courtyard. You can look into it from the courtyard

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
The worst thing about minigame is that even tho it was skippable, it wasn't skippable once you start it tho, so when I was playing the last time, I've lost bunch of progress, because game didn't allow me to save because I was mid event -_-
When I've had to redo everything again, just so I could skip the game, I've decided it's better to just wait out a few more versions when there's more content and it's hopefully fixed/dropped completely.

What I'm having more issues with however is how everything still looks washed out. It's literally painful to look at screen (I usually don't have problems with eyes hurting when I stare at screen for too long, but game took a toll on me), due to brightness, and how "mushed" everything becomes due to it all being washed out.
I've thought at first that maybe it was to hide lack of details, but since game looks great during night, it's stylistic choice, and it's terrible one imo, especially since locations look fine during night, and there wouldn't be need to hide stuff.
What version was this on? The minigame should always be skippable, no matter which stage of it you're on, but I'll have a look and see if there's something wrong. And it's a stylistic choice yeah, but I'll try and fit in options for adjusting the degree of fog when I implement graphics settings

InTheWoods

Apr 13, 2022
Lack of navigation tools (HUD mini-map? Compass?) makes this almost unplayable. Spending 30 minutes wandering around looking for something is not enjoyable.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Can somebody post the walkthrough from the discord here?
It uses where you stand when you exit the Common Room as the starting point for its directions

That said, based on your review, I can't promise you that you will like the rest of the game. I think your interests and expectations to these types are games are just opposite of what the game tries to do. It's ultimately more a school sim than it is a H-game, which is why, yes, there will be a lot of talking to students, a lot of partaking in typical student activities (both school related and not), the "politicking" that happens in a setting that has a lot of young people and a competitive academic environment etc. There is a disclaimer in the OP about it

Lack of navigation tools (HUD mini-map? Compass?) makes this almost unplayable. Spending 30 minutes wandering around looking for something is not enjoyable.
As mentioned in a previous post, I still need to find the balance between the Witcher senses step-by-step directions a lot of us have gotten used to, and the original vision for a large, confusing castle.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
That said, based on your review, I can't promise you that you will like the rest of the game. I think your interests and expectations to these types are games are just opposite of what the game tries to do. It's ultimately more a school sim than it is a H-game, which is why, yes, there will be a lot of talking to students, a lot of partaking in typical student activities (both school related and not), the "politicking" that happens in a setting that has a lot of young people and a competitive academic environment etc. There is a disclaimer in the OP about it
A school sim would imply you can do whatever you want within the school, right now its more like a kinetic VN with some subquests thrown in here and there. A school sim would also imply that people act like students, who don't act the way they do in your game. They act more like old English nobility in the 17th century or something. Young people just aren't like that. Politicking would also imply you can influence things somewhat, which is also not really the case. You're set on rails at all times.
So not seeing that school sim part if I'm quite honest. You just walk from point A to point B to kick off the next event, with the occasional minigame thrown in.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
A school sim would imply you can do whatever you want within the school, right now its more like a kinetic VN with some subquests thrown in here and there. A school sim would also imply that people act like students, who don't act the way they do in your game. They act more like old English nobility in the 17th century or something. Young people just aren't like that. Politicking would also imply you can influence things somewhat, which is also not really the case. You're set on rails at all times.
So not seeing that school sim part if I'm quite honest. You just walk from point A to point B to kick off the next event, with the occasional minigame thrown in.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't play a lot of games, so it's entirely possible I'm infringing on the protected IP of a genre by calling it a school sim, but I meant it in the literal sense that it's just simulating a highschool environment (in a magical setting), with a few but, for the time, minor player choices, yeah. As for the other characters, I don't think the player is met with hostility everywhere (at least not from the girls), but I did want to create the sense that the guys are obviously suspicious of a new arrival who might threaten the status quo (given the exchange students are usually of special talent), whereas the girls mostly meet the player character with interest if they recognise him as the new arrival, or dismissiveness if not, given it must mean he's no one important. And I don't know about your high school experience, but that's pretty close to mine lol. We definitely were competitive and rather mean to each other at times.
Anyway this is of course going to change as the player character's reputation builds. I just thought it'd make for a rather boring story if the player was just dropped in there and every single character was immediately receptive to them. Again, it's completely fine that it's not your type of game. Just trying to explain some of the story and worldbuilding decisions here

Last edited:
Reactions: gilgun and aifman7

Hotarosannin

Dec 20, 2020
i think it was one of the most hardest fings in my gaming exp XD. Still playable but blur and some object's perspective are painfull
1684630419107.png

fricknaysh420

Apr 23, 2019
stuck on the 2nd focus event cant get past the lager beer checkpoint shit would be a lot more bearable if I could move the camera around a bit tbh. tho i also hope in the future more focus events like this dont take up my whole day. skill issue? yes, but it doesnt need to be a Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy ball version. just my thoughts

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
stuck on the 2nd focus event cant get past the lager beer checkpoint shit would be a lot more bearable if I could move the camera around a bit tbh. tho i also hope in the future more focus events like this dont take up my whole day. skill issue? yes, but it doesnt need to be a Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy ball version. just my thoughts
Just press p to skip it. Will incur a small loss but it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things! But yeah, will get fixed soon

Adeadagenda

Dec 29, 2018
From what I played I really enjoyed. Had trouble finding spots though like the main hall. Maybe signs could be used? Just a thought. You can tell that the developer really put some care and thought into this project. Looks great! Can't wait to explore more in the future!

Aug 6, 2016
The thing about trying to make a school sim instead of an H-game is that if the lewd content isn't there to carry the game, the game itself needs to actually be fun, and as it stands I don't think it is.

Right now, it's not, really, a sim so much as a VN with stats, moderately impactful choices, and (extremely annoying) minigames. The base gameplay is entirely crippled by the user experience (although I get the impression that's more a function of not knowing how to do the things needed to improve it rather than actual choices), so the only place the fun can come from is roleplaying the character, and there's just not enough impact from the choices for that to be an option right now.

Definitely add a mouse sensitivity slider if possible. (and a gallery unlock button because the art is great imo)

[edit] and if you want to maintain the 'large confusing castle' feel while not making getting from A to B incredibly un-fun, I think the approach to take is to add side-content all over the place so even if you get lost you find something interesting, rather than getting annoyed because you spent 15 minutes running down dead-end hallways and got nothing out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karnewarrior

fricknaysh420

Apr 23, 2019
ok now im screwed i either restart the game and lose hours upon hours of progress or somehow pray that it will just fix itself
its saying that im in the middle of an event and i cant save the game anymore trolldespair

fricknaysh420

Apr 23, 2019
figured it out i guess the game thought i was still playing the focus event or whatever so i hit "p" on my keyboard went to save and i wasnt blocked this time

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Yah that ass in the preview picture looks really nice. But it seems the game is confusing, hard and kinda boring so far? Pass.

Reactions: nernub
3.00 star(s) 32 Votes