2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Kabbak

May 7, 2017
The balancing ball quest is really frustrating. You the controls are super unprecise which is super frustrating because you understand what you need to do, but you can not achieve it. The acceleration is far to steep and the hight of the jumps is super difficult control because these seems to be linked to the acceleration. This mini game needs some polish or a skip button. The difficulty of the mini game should be related to the level design and not the controls.
Plus in the the stair part at the higgher part I got some occlusion effects, thus I had to play I blind..
In addition I can not exit it. Only the entire game. I haven't saved before this game, thus all my progress will be lost...

Reactions: Jummjumm

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I will never accept defeat mr.dev View attachment 2638012
I kneel.

ok now im screwed i either restart the game and lose hours upon hours of progress or somehow pray that it will just fix itself
its saying that im in the middle of an event and i cant save the game anymore trolldespair
For anyone else having this problem, you can always open the console by pressing i and entering 'canSave'. I realise events are somewhat bugged and I'll have it hopefully fixed by the next release

um i'm stuck at the autumn ball.can't seem to find more detail bout the concordsmen. tips?
In the room behind the door. If there's something that's confusing (and there probably will be), you can refer to this:
A walkthrough video coming soon too, probably

The balancing ball quest is really frustrating. You the controls are super unprecise which is super frustrating because you understand what you need to do, but you can not achieve it. The acceleration is far to steep and the hight of the jumps is super difficult control because these seems to be linked to the acceleration. This mini game needs some polish or a skip button. The difficulty of the mini game should be related to the level design and not the controls.
Plus in the the stair part at the higgher part I got some occlusion effects, thus I had to play I blind..
In addition I can not exit it. Only the entire game. I haven't saved before this game, thus all my progress will be lost...
You can press P to skip it, and it does tell you at the start of the ball game. I'll have to put it in an UI during the game as well though. And yeah it'll get a redesign as a whole soon-ish, likely

impulse32

Dec 30, 2016
I kneel.

For anyone else having this problem, you can always open the console by pressing i and entering 'canSave'. I realise events are somewhat bugged and I'll have it hopefully fixed by the next release

In the room behind the door. If there's something that's confusing (and there probably will be), you can refer to this:

You can press P to skip it, and it does tell you at the start of the ball game. I'll have to put it in an UI during the game as well though. And yeah it'll get a redesign as a whole soon-ish, likely
I tried to follow the guide, but it says go up the little stairs and I can't find those. Doesn't help that some portals with names are unresponsive. There's no text saying "you can't go here yet" Like the upper walkway gives no response for me.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I tried to follow the guide, but it says go up the little stairs and I can't find those. Doesn't help that some portals with names are unresponsive. There's no text saying "you can't go here yet" Like the upper walkway gives no response for me.
The little stairs are those you're standing on the moment you go to the 3rd floor. Then you turn left, go up the tiny stairs again. There, you can either go to the hospital on the right, or left down the corridor and towards the bridge. Generally just follow people
Also, if you're trying to interact with the upper walkway, that means you're on the second floor of the dorms, not outside of the Common Rooms (where the painting with the fat lady is), which is where the starting point for this walkthrough is

impulse32

Dec 30, 2016
Found it thanks. This game really needs a control tutorial aswell. I accidentally went into first person mode and have no clue how to get out

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Found it thanks. This game really needs a control tutorial aswell. I accidentally went into first person mode and have no clue how to get out
Yeah some kind of guide is coming to the menu soon. And yw!

How do you resize the game window? I have an ultrawide monitor and it's unplayable because buttons are cut off.
It's supposed to auto-resize with monitor size but I don't think it can handle ultrawide. I'll add a windowed mode in the next release, which should solve it!

i spent like a hour finding the grand hall lol
It's on the map but I realise there might be some confusion since it's spelt as 'grand hall' in some quest texts, whereas it's 'great hall' on the map. Will try and clean it up

Reactions: Aigrene

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
The thing about trying to make a school sim instead of an H-game is that if the lewd content isn't there to carry the game, the game itself needs to actually be fun, and as it stands I don't think it is.

Right now, it's not, really, a sim so much as a VN with stats, moderately impactful choices, and (extremely annoying) minigames. The base gameplay is entirely crippled by the user experience (although I get the impression that's more a function of not knowing how to do the things needed to improve it rather than actual choices), so the only place the fun can come from is roleplaying the character, and there's just not enough impact from the choices for that to be an option right now.

Definitely add a mouse sensitivity slider if possible. (and a gallery unlock button because the art is great imo)

[edit] and if you want to maintain the 'large confusing castle' feel while not making getting from A to B incredibly un-fun, I think the approach to take is to add side-content all over the place so even if you get lost you find something interesting, rather than getting annoyed because you spent 15 minutes running down dead-end hallways and got nothing out of it.
Yes, having every hallway filled with NPCs with interactions was always the original vision. I'm working towards it, but it's going to take a while to realise it since I'm just one person working on this project (for now, hopefully). That said, I still want to mainly concentrate on a steady pace of end-game, main story-related content for those that have reached to that point (especially now that I am supported financially). The weight of the choices is definitely something that needs to be scaled up in future releases, mostly in terms of letting the player make decisions about which romances to pursue, which parts of the game are unlocked or locked because of player choices or stats, and a bit of politicking with the clubs. Anyway, the thoughts and pointers are appreciated

Last edited:

ambos

Mar 18, 2022
I really like the Art (even though its AI), but I don't really enjoy the gameplay. Anyone has a save with the gallery fully unlocked?

Edit: Ahh, gallery unlocks are patreon priviliges. welp

Last edited:

userone1

Nov 8, 2017
sorry but can you clarify? do you mean the door next to a student that can be interacted with? the room where there's a bunch of students you get into a argument with (and a teacher comes to break up)?

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
sorry but can you clarify? do you mean the door next to a student that can be interacted with? the room where there's a bunch of students you get into a argument with (and a teacher comes to break up)?
Yeah, exactly. At the very back of that room, there is a conversation in a small niche that you can listen in on. After that, talk to Ava, the woman marked with a circle

I stuck with autumn ball , can't find dance partner! where to find her?
You just go around and talk to random people and that objective will complete after enough tries

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
where to find the 5 stones of Scripture around hogwarts
Wouldn't bother with this one rn other than for stats because the follow-up that's coming out to it (probably tonight) is a single scene and is beta only. But they're scattered around the school on pretty much every floor

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes