3.00 star(s) 32 Votes

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
The game is buggy, very buggy. Clipping through walls, floors, doors. No warps when you fall too far OOB. Using emergency warp puts you in another character. Pressing esc whilst in the map gets rid of the map, leaves the menu up but still allows the player to run around
I can tell a lot of effort has gone into it, but I'd recommend giving it out to patrons/community to QA test it before releasing new versions.

Other than the bugs, its a great idea. I'd like to see easier access to map and quest logs (perhaps map access could be mapped to letter M, and quest log to another button like letter L). I know there's a first-person view at least being thought about, and if a mini map was possible further down the line, it'd be extremely useful, as it's extremely hard to navigate as every interior looks exactly the same. Maybe even subtle signs that lead you to the right places?
Also, some of the text is incredibly difficult to read, so putting a opaque box behind the text would allow that text to be read.

Again, great idea and will eventually be a great game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewitchgames

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
The game is buggy, very buggy. Clipping through walls, floors, doors. No warps when you fall too far OOB. Using emergency warp puts you in another character. Pressing esc whilst in the map gets rid of the map, leaves the menu up but still allows the player to run around
I can tell a lot of effort has gone into it, but I'd recommend giving it out to patrons/community to QA test it before releasing new versions.

Other than the bugs, its a great idea. I'd like to see easier access to map and quest logs (perhaps map access could be mapped to letter M, and quest log to another button like letter L). I know there's a first-person view at least being thought about, and if a mini map was possible further down the line, it'd be extremely useful, as it's extremely hard to navigate as every interior looks exactly the same. Maybe even subtle signs that lead you to the right places?
Also, some of the text is incredibly difficult to read, so putting a opaque box behind the text would allow that text to be read.

Again, great idea and will eventually be a great game.
Thanks a lot for the words, seriously man. Definitely a lot of nice-to-have features like that missing. Will be there be in next release in ~2 weeks, along with some UI updates and access to map and quest log from a menu on the screen. Navigation clearly needs to be looked at as well and I'm still exploring my options there. Going to start with the addition of a top-down map probably. I touched briefly on it in an earlier post, but I'm going to have to do some pretty clunky work-arounds navigation wise because of the way in which the rooms are actually laid out, but I got some ideas! Hopefully in the next release as well, if I can fit it in in time

Loving the art and atmosphere of this Hogwarts like game can't wait to see what happens next in the future.
Yo thanks for the words man!

Indeed, I prefer 2d topdown pixel art (and a map for the love of god) and what not with the CG art, much easier and quicker to navigate. This game is too much of a headache for me to get anywhere.
There is a 2.5D / top down controller, but it doesn't solve much navigation wise, as well as a map. Tho as mentioned, definitely some improvements need to be made to the navigation still, and it's coming. Thanks for giving the game a try at least

Reactions: Eoin

Lackofaname

Jul 13, 2022
It's so sad cause this game it's such a great idea but bad executed, once this games becomes less "ragy" and "buggy" it'd become a hell of a game.

Anron

May 7, 2017
the game is so laggy for me for some reason.
And I'mruning a high end gaming pc.
Wtf? Anyone had same issue?

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game, do you mind sharing which Lora or model this is? I really love this style and would like to make some for my personal collection heh. There are many samdoesarts models but your output is really impressing me!

• Red Heart

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
I propose a quick fix,

on move and not in air, update a vector3 variable.
add a massive trigger under the map areas, upon entering the trigger, move to last vector 3 variable. At least, it'll not have you falling to inifnity.

That said, it would be nice to be able to save more. There's quite a few times where Ive lost progress due to falling through and I couldn't save previously.

• Red Heart

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I propose a quick fix,

on move and not in air, update a vector3 variable.
add a massive trigger under the map areas, upon entering the trigger, move to last vector 3 variable. At least, it'll not have you falling to inifnity.

That said, it would be nice to be able to save more. There's quite a few times where Ive lost progress due to falling through and I couldn't save previously.
It's not a bad idea at all and I can slap that on. Problem is the map is pretty vertical to avoid overlapping sections for the occlusion culling, and the player will be falling for quite a while, but it's better than the current situation

All of the big events prevent you from saving yeah, but I MIGHT eventually go back and look at a couple of these. I mostly did it this way originally to cut corners

I'm really enjoying this game, do you mind sharing which Lora or model this is? I really love this style and would like to make some for my personal collection heh. There are many samdoesarts models but your output is really impressing me!
Thanks for playing and the words! That said I don't use a different LORA to any of the other ones up on the usual sites so I can't really suggest anything else than to experiment with those. The model is a merge of a couple of different things

the game is so laggy for me for some reason.
And I'mruning a high end gaming pc.
Wtf? Anyone had same issue?
The character models definitely tank performance because I'm anything but a 3D modeller, but I've not heard too many problems from other people on high end pcs. Might be some weird settings on your PC

It's so sad cause this game it's such a great idea but bad executed, once this games becomes less "ragy" and "buggy" it'd become a hell of a game.
Thanks for the words still. I'm assuming you mean the character controller and general performance here, which will definitely be looked at yeah

GamawManes69

Sep 29, 2018
Saved somehow at the Sloghorn Party, went to load the save and it spawned me falling through the floor to void. How can I fix this??

V12_1652

Mar 11, 2021
can someone who finished the game make a walkthrough past the YouTube video I find myself wondering for hours looking for some uncompleted quests

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Saved somehow at the Sloghorn Party, went to load the save and it spawned me falling through the floor to void. How can I fix this??
I was quite sure I had put in restrictions on save during this part, but it might have escaped me. To fix it you'll need to PM me on discord because it does require a few scripts. I apologise for the inconvenience

With the quest magical finesse. I can't take the BALLS to score them. How exactly do interactions with subjects work?
E and F!

Where is that secret passageway?
First floor of the western building. If you go to the ladder behind the old man at night, it'll take you there

Cocky_Ppodong

Aug 15, 2023
I was quite sure I had put in restrictions on save during this part, but it might have escaped me. To fix it you'll need to PM me on discord because it does require a few scripts. I apologise for the inconvenience

E and F!

First floor of the western building. If you go to the ladder behind the old man at night, it'll take you there
To late budy. I gave up. It was me on a discord with the same nn. Thank you again for the help

Lackofaname

Jul 13, 2022
Thanks for the words still. I'm assuming you mean the character controller and general performance here, which will definitely be looked at yeah
Mostly, like I said, art and the idea its excellent, I liked it very much, but it feels that the execution was done in a hurry for some reason, it feels like it shouldn't be as hard to play as it is, you can't save whenever so you're either forced to play more even if you don't feel like it or actually can't keep on playing or quit the game and start all over, the hints are very vague so you need to look everywhere and guess stuff quite often, I myself finally learn where everything is in the castle, I know cause I had to do it in order to keep on playing and even so I would't enjoy the game at times, once those minor setbacks are fixed you'll have a very nice game

GamawManes69

Sep 29, 2018
Its fine, I restarted the game. I have another question though, can you force the character to go to sleep so a new day can start? I have completed everything that doesnt require beta access or is "Coming Soon", so I cant go to Duelling III for example to pass the time and then gain "Day's End" in the Active Quests. But, when I go to save its preventing me because of an event. So surely I still have something thats not complete. When I go to the Bed and click it does nothing and when i click on the chair I cant wait for night. Any solutions?

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
To late budy. I gave up. It was me on a discord with the same nn. Thank you again for the help
Yeah I figured that was you! Cheers

Mostly, like I said, art and the idea its excellent, I liked it very much, but it feels that the execution was done in a hurry for some reason, it feels like it shouldn't be as hard to play as it is, you can't save whenever so you're either forced to play more even if you don't feel like it or actually can't keep on playing or quit the game and start all over, the hints are very vague so you need to look everywhere and guess stuff quite often, I myself finally learn where everything is in the castle, I know cause I had to do it in order to keep on playing and even so I would't enjoy the game at times, once those minor setbacks are fixed you'll have a very nice game
Yeah, there is definitely some polish missing. Already touched on a couple of things earlier, but I'm fixing the standard character controller a little in this next release, and a bit in terms of how directions work. The save thing is technically fixable too but I'm looking at that further down the line because currently it's technically only a few, instanced events that prevent you. Thanks a lot!

Its fine, I restarted the game. I have another question though, can you force the character to go to sleep so a new day can start? I have completed everything that doesnt require beta access or is "Coming Soon", so I cant go to Duelling III for example to pass the time and then gain "Day's End" in the Active Quests. But, when I go to save its preventing me because of an event. So surely I still have something thats not complete. When I go to the Bed and click it does nothing and when i click on the chair I cant wait for night. Any solutions?
The day structure is actually pretty rigid. You can force Day's End but I don't recommend it. Duelling III is the starting point of the next release, and the only reason it's already given as a quest is really just for ease of implementation, so that the game doesn't have to manually check and try and figure out exactly which stage the player is on in the new release. The save thing is probably just bugged and you can safely enter canSave in the console to enable it again. My apologies there. Going to go through the entire database and figure out where exactly it is that the game still forgets to enable it again. Other than that, I think you have done most things in the public release!

Han

Nov 13, 2016
Please allow saves during quests. Had to leave the game running overnight because I couldn't save and when I finished the quest I was bugged out of the map and the unstuck did not work so I had to quit. Also when is the next update expected?

3.00 star(s) 32 Votes