Working On A Game

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I like the lighting in the lower picture. She looks more realistic and the lighting seems to suit the scene, too.

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
it seems that way for 2 reasons one the first image is using a canvas background so the eyes don't see any real world values to the back ground and the 2nd reason is the 2nd image uses real world images to make up the HDR lighting and uses dof to focus more on the character which means i used actual camera values for it.

I never really try hard with lighting unless i know i plan to keep a model real world lighting adds time to a render and while its not a lot of time it adds up to be when your doing so many renders over time.

Glad you like them thou :)

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
About time to give you some feedback again...
The male and female genitalia:
Your post - well, either the testicles of the male are too small or the penis is too big. But I like it the this is not a 'look muh huge dick' render. Seems more realistic compared to some other cgs out there. Little more size for ball sack pls! :D

The girls, what should I say? The first render looks a little odd, especially 'Pussy shot open.png' - looks like she had surgery / the labia of the vagina cut, but they are somehow sewed together? Also in this pic: I think the opening looks like a hole punched in. Might need to really make the upper pussy lips widen more before the opening. Compare the area where the lips are close to where the 'opening' for an inserted object actually starts. It looks unnatural to me like that. The vulva of the second girl '1st sub Pussy shot 2.png' looks good to me however.

About the tattooed girl:
In the pic in post , 'Sara fixed 3.png' - the thighs to the left upper leg / vulva area needs a little rework, but I like her pose and facial expression. She looks a little bothered, like nah, man - leave me alone... Like it. :) Overall the body looks too much muscular - less raw mass maybe, get the feeling she is a body builder. Or is it intended? In post she looks more healthy and natural. Not a big fan of body tattooes, but they rea not too distracting. I would take care of the left should area though, seems there is a little flaw (unnatural height)?

The three girls:
Another riddle in post , hm. Different height of body, boob size, difficult poses, you are mean - did I tell you? Guess they are all different topologies again as you had mentioned, first could be a v4 model, the second a gen3, for the third must be a gen 2 - and I really tried to oggle some differences this time. Yep, it gets harder, they all look quite alright to me. Maybe the feet of the first one are too impressive, those of the second are looking better with these poses...

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
About time to give you some feedback again...
The male and female genitalia:
Your post - well, either the testicles of the male are too small or the penis is too big. But I like it the this is not a 'look muh huge dick' render. Seems more realistic compared to some other cgs out there. Little more size for ball sack pls! :D

The girls, what should I say? The first render looks a little odd, especially 'Pussy shot open.png' - looks like she had surgery / the labia of the vagina cut, but they are somehow sewed together? Also in this pic: I think the opening looks like a hole punched in. Might need to really make the upper pussy lips widen more before the opening. Compare the area where the lips are close to where the 'opening' for an inserted object actually starts. It looks unnatural to me like that. The vulva of the second girl '1st sub Pussy shot 2.png' looks good to me however.

About the tattooed girl:
In the pic in post , 'Sara fixed 3.png' - the thighs to the left upper leg / vulva area needs a little rework, but I like her pose and facial expression. She looks a little bothered, like nah, man - leave me alone... Like it. :) Overall the body looks too much muscular - less raw mass maybe, get the feeling she is a body builder. Or is it intended? In post she looks more healthy and natural. Not a big fan of body tattooes, but they rea not too distracting. I would take care of the left should area though, seems there is a little flaw (unnatural height)?

The three girls:
Another riddle in post , hm. Different height of body, boob size, difficult poses, you are mean - did I tell you? Guess they are all different topologies again as you had mentioned, first could be a v4 model, the second a gen3, for the third must be a gen 2 - and I really tried to oggle some differences this time. Yep, it gets harder, they all look quite alright to me. Maybe the feet of the first one are too impressive, those of the second are looking better with these poses...
The first one with The 2nd sub missive is just a morph it opens at the bottom and you can adjust it however u want to open it and make it look more real it can go all the way up to the clit etc i was just too lazy to do the full open and the pussy opens at the bottom and expands from there so i was just to lazy to fix it more.

Ignore the Sara fixed image and the old sara images i remade her from scratchy she has a new look i didn't like the old ones i did.

On the one with updated shapes etc they all use the same shapes and size but angles and how far from the front of the camera they are changes the look of size and other things that's how pov works and dof work i would have to do a render for each one with the same settings and lighting and camera and dof to make someone see the exact look of each to point it all out which is too much work which is hwy i did the side by side.

Also keep in mind those are close ups you normally don't see in that close during sex animations or renders i am just trying to fix it for when i do close up shots zoom ins etc if i do any.

I am working on side characters to fill in area's for fill characters in bars, dinners etc so they don't seem that empty.
As well as food for dinner date scenes and general use too and misc stuff that i will need to fill out scenes.

Another thing i am working on is whip marks spank marks etc for training but its hard to find that all for v4 so i might use the gen3 with it and adjust as needed and i might have to do post work which i suck at and am lazy with so we will see it's more important to me to preset scenes and scene subsets for easy render setups whenever she gets the writing done she's still at 991 and she seems to be a bit slow but shes new to erotic writing so we will see how that goes.

As Always i will keep everyone updated with what i am doing and how things are going when i have the free time :) Take it easy everyone

Reactions: Cirro84

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Ok today is lighting day where i go around different scenes i have preset and try to get some of them with the right lighting setting for some of the scenes i want to make it into game play.

Some will have real lighting types of HDRI render settings some will have more fantasy or scifi type lighting depending on the scene and the tone i want to set for that scene.

I'll upload some of the lighting renders i do and you'll get to see the Lighting types and how they actually make a big difference in render quality.
Real Lighting For normal Scenes.png
Warmer indoor lighting for apt scenes.png
Darker lighting for bondage scenes and such .png
outside ally lighting at night .png
So those are the lighting setting i will most likely use or at the very lease close to those for the game maybe one or 2 more for scenes that need it but hey can't tell what lighting i want untill my writer finishes my 2500 and i start doing renders for my game and get that working.

Let me know what you think about the lighting the character is Sara the wife/first submissive in the game so that's what she looks like final choice of her and her looks won't change my mind i promise :)

As always i'll keep everyone updated on what i am doing and how things are going.

Last edited:
Reactions: IZnoGouD

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
something i did for fun trying to get lighting for animations down and working
its a dance animation with real world lighting values using a outside nighttime HDRI background using Stephanie the 2nd submissive as the dancer.

Reactions: muttdoggy

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Light for the 2nd submissive working on it to see how she comes out and i am bored at this point waiting on my writer
Stephanie lighting .png
Stephanie lighting Lighter.png
Stephanie lighting Darker.png
Stephanie lighting neon stuff.png

Last edited:

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Glad you like them :) now uploading a side character that is important to the story :)
excuse her makeup that is caked on her face its just how she is and is important to the story sorry if throws you for a loop.
Chelsea Lighting.png Chelsea Lighting Warm.png Chelsea Lighting Warm Dark.png Chelsea Lighting Warm neon.png

Reactions: IZnoGouD

Cirro84

Dec 24, 2016
Like them, especially the 'warm-lighting' renders. Nice highlights around lips and nose...

Did you use the same settings for all those renders? It seems Chelsea (last one) shows the 'lighting-warm-neon' is looking better in general, compared to the two side chars, and even the Stephanie render 'lighting-neon-stuff'? Maybe I'm just mistaken...
They look so 'unhealty' with neon lights. Hope they won't get a bad hangover whatever they're up to. :D

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Like them, especially the 'warm-lighting' renders. Nice highlights around lips and nose...

Did you use the same settings for all those renders? It seems Chelsea (last one) shows the 'lighting-warm-neon' is looking better in general, compared to the two side chars, and even the Stephanie render 'lighting-neon-stuff'? Maybe I'm just mistaken...
They look so 'unhealty' with neon lights. Hope they won't get a bad hangover whatever they're up to. :D
yes all lighting uses the same setting ignore chelsea's face and look at her neck and below to see how the lighting reacts her is loaded with makeup which why it reacts deifferent then the others do her whole face is dolled up not just her lips and eye shadow.

Cirro84

Dec 24, 2016
yes all lighting uses the same setting, ignore chelsea's face and look at her neck and below to see how the lighting reacts. her is loaded with makeup which why it reacts deifferent then the others do. her whole face is dolled up not just her lips and eye shadow.
Well, I've recognised this. But Sara above is also 'dolled up' :D (outside-ally-lighting-at-night), it still looks different to me. This is why I mentioned 'lighting-warm-neon' for Chelsea - maybe you used a warmer setting I thought. Did not know that a another kind of makeup gives such a clearly visible difference with the renders. Drastic but Interesting.

Yeah, the highlights and especially the overlapping shadows are looking quite fine and pretty cool with the 'warm' settings. Your guys look more like thugs to me - are those supposed to be the opponents?

Wonder how such renders would look like on a real HDR monitor... :)

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Well I'm interested. So I'm replying because I hate using the watch button.

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Well, I've recognised this. But Sara above is also 'dolled up' :D (outside-ally-lighting-at-night), it still looks different to me. This is why I mentioned 'lighting-warm-neon' for Chelsea - maybe you used a warmer setting I thought. Did not know that a another kind of makeup gives such a clearly visible difference with the renders. Drastic but Interesting.

Yeah, the highlights and especially the overlapping shadows are looking quite fine and pretty cool with the 'warm' settings. Your guys look more like thugs to me - are those supposed to be the opponents?

Wonder how such renders would look like on a real HDR monitor... :)
i explained it before no she isn't dolled up sara has lip sick and eye shadow on and no blush no face makeup no powder etc etc Chelsea does have all that on face powder blush lipstick eye shadow etc light reacts differently to different surfaces depending on fresnel equations you can google it or look at the video i linked for how that works and what pbr textures are etc.

Basics is thou each surface has it's own refection values and shadow values as well as real world rbg values and in a 3d engine if you use these values for lighting as well as use PBR textures they react like they would in real life when light hits the object.

Next time you play a open world game like say watch dogs 2 or grand theft auto 5 hop in a car go around town and look at the paint on the car and see how it changes the look of it with shadows and reflections its a decent example for getting the idea of fresnel equations and how they react to light. It won't show you PBR values thou since you are using the same color on the car while driving and i have no idea if they went with pbr texture on the car paint or not but worth a shot at chaging the color of the car and comparing to see if you can see the changes from it.

All this aside it looks good reguardless if you have a washed out tv or monitor but to see the real changes you would need a 100% adobe rbg color monitor with HDR color space with at least 4k res. to see the exact changes because i am using 4k textures, PBR textures and HDR lighting and fresnel equation values for reflections which would cost you an arm a leg and a kidney and even then idk if you can get one i only saw such a monitor at ces this year and it wasn't on market yet and you need a quadtro card to run it the high end 5,000 usd ones because it relies on DP 1.3 to run the color gambit and drive pixels. So none of use can see 100% of the work gone into the render but hey pretty is pretty as real looks better to human eyes therefor it looks more pretty most of the time :)

Reactions: Cirro84

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
As for the main character and side character looking like thugs i don't know what a thug looks like per say but the main character was made to look more ruggedish since he is dominant which most ppl assume rugged ppl with being more dominant then naive ppl being dominant hence the look.

Point is some aspects of ppl give certain emotions square jaws are more manly rounder faces are more fem. etc these are tools we use to help tell the story in the game or comic etc.

A thug would be someone who has a square jaw darker hair maybe a few scars etc and bam bad guy/thug.

Make a guy with a rounder face some makeup smaller dick slim body bam a sissy/CD.

Take the same person throw on male clothes add black makeup, harder eyeliner and some punk clothes and give him harder outlines and bam a goth.

I could go on and on but i think you get the point how ppl look colors our view and helps tell the story and move someone to the point of view you are trying to get across to your viewers.

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Ok next week or so will be me getting clothes ready for scenes as scene subsets and get textures i want on them :)

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
Working on background characters to fill in space when i do renders in public spaces such as at dinners bars out on the street etc .

ramdom background character 1.png