VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I like everything so far. This game has great potential. I just hope it doesn't become another click&fap. There are so many of them. Good story driven games are hard to find. I will be watching to see how this developes.
This will ABSOLUTELY NOT be a click and fap game. Story Quality is of utmost importance to me. The Lewd scenes are dessert, and anyone who wants the Click and Fap functionality can earn the scenes and then use the Gallery. That's as close to it as I'm willing to get.

I was hoping for a batch conversion program. I also produce my own music, so I have Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio. Could probably do them one by one that way but faaaaaack that's a lot of work.

Sadly I just use online tools like
YAC - Yet Another Cruncher might do it without changing the file extension in it's crunching process.
Now THAT'S an interesting concept... I may give this a try.

Nov 24, 2019
This will ABSOLUTELY NOT be a click and fap game. Story Quality is of utmost importance to me. The Lewd scenes are dessert, and anyone who wants the Click and Fap functionality can earn the scenes and then use the Gallery. That's as close to it as I'm willing to get.

I was hoping for a batch conversion program. I also produce my own music, so I have Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio. Could probably do them one by one that way but faaaaaack that's a lot of work.

Now THAT'S an interesting concept... I may give this a try.
For batch conversion you should use command-line, either bash (which we Linux users generally love - with exceptions) or Powershell. I do not know any GUI program for that. But then, I did not check the listed website.

Essentially, it is what Hordragg said, you go to and download the Windows build of opusenc, then write a script.

I haven't tested, specially not on Windows, but if it was installed properly the following snippet could be added to the game, inside a python block (preferably, an init one):

Python:
import subprocess, os
def opusencode():
    for dir, fn in renpy.loader.listdirfiles():
        if fn.lower().endswith(".wav"):
            filename = os.path.join(dir, fn)
            print("Converting %s -> %s.opus ..." % (filename, filename[:3]))
            # Ren'Py still uses Python2.7; The syntax is different in py3 (run instead of call)
            subprocess.call("opusenc %s %s.opus" % (filename, filename[:3]), shell=True)
            #os.remove(filename) # Uncomment this to *permanently* delete originals.
See also:

With that code, you still need to call opusencode() at least once. Either calling the function on the init block, or with the developer console (Shift+O).

It will create an opus version at the side of the wav ones. I do not advise uncommenting the removal line, at very least not before ensuring the code works. You know, deletion is final =)

Example tutorial code; It will not work properly if white spaces are present anywhere in filenames or in path. Actually, I would be mildly surprised if it worked right out the box, without any sort of edits. Ah, and using "shell=True" is dangerous; Do not ship this code in production.

Last edited:

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I also produce my own music, so I have Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio.
For the future you may want to look at the bit rate for your music. It generally determines the size and quality of audio files: the higher the bitrate, the better the quality, and the larger the file size because of File size = bitrate (kilobits per second) x duration. In most cases, 1 byte per second (1 B/s) corresponds to 8 bit/s.

So you need to look at the file size versus the sound quality you want when exporting your files for use. If you can get the right sound & size initially you wont even need a converter in the future.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
For the future you may want to look at the bit rate for your music. It generally determines the size and quality of audio files: the higher the bitrate, the better the quality, and the larger the file size because of File size = bitrate (kilobits per second) x duration. In most cases, 1 byte per second (1 B/s) corresponds to 8 bit/s.

So you need to look at the file size versus the sound quality you want when exporting your files for use. If you can get the right sound & size initially you wont even need a converter in the future.
Okay, I should clarify. I produce my own music on the SIDE. I purchased music for use in this game, so it came in .wav standard.
For batch conversion you should use command-line, either bash (which we Linux users generally love - with exceptions) or Powershell. I do not know any GUI program for that. But then, I did not check the listed website.
It sounds like a Linux user may be the way to go for conversion needs. Could I, perhaps, send a Zip of my WOWSound music folder(I should delete the others since they're not in use) to one of y'all and ask you to convert all the tracks for me? Does anyone have the time and/or willingness to do so?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
It sounds like a Linux user may be the way to go for conversion needs. Could I, perhaps, send a Zip of my WOWSound music folder(I should delete the others since they're not in use) to one of y'all and ask you to convert all the tracks for me? Does anyone have the time and/or willingness to do so?
Yes to both. Well, I already did, so you could just grab the audio from that. I'll see about encoding them to a more suitable bit rate later on – you probably don't need guaranteed transparency. I'll let you know once I've uploaded them later that day (depending on time zone).

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Oh shit! I am the dumb! I'mma get right on that lol

The above contains three separate downloads: full audio (.wav + .mp3) encoded in opus bitrates 80 and 95 (default) as well as one archive with only the .mp3 files encoded in opus 180 (to go along with the compressed version I did). While a bitrate of 80 should be good in most cases ( ), I wasn't overly impressed with it on songs like CR_Sweetheart - FULL_Loop. But seeing as you're producing music yourself and it's your game to begin with, you are way better suited to ABXing it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have fun mixing and matching!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I must reiterate, I produce music as a separate, unrelated hobby. I purchased this music for the game lol. Thank you for the work on the audio!

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I must reiterate, I produce music as a separate, unrelated hobby. I purchased this music for the game lol. Thank you for the work on the audio!
Don't mention it. And I got that music's a separate hobby for you. Nevertheless, I'm still suspecting your listening equipment to be significantly more high-end than mine. I mean, I hadn't even bothered to run the audio through my admittedly low-tier hi-fi setup, testing on the internal speakers of a Yoga 7 Slim instead. :oops:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
... I hope I don't have to go back and reshoot that in a different map. Can anyone confirm? I'm not a Dark Souls player.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
... I hope I don't have to go back and reshoot that in a different map. Can anyone confirm? I'm not a Dark Souls player.

from 2:05 is the entrance where gillie pranks you, then she runs the stairs to the left and at 5:21 where you play with the tits :D
i think even the benches and cement poles look the same

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Son of a... I didn't notice because DS typically uses yellowish lighting. Well, I hope I don't get a Cease and Desist from From Software while I'm working on replacing that. Appreciate you letting me know.

Ygrac

Feb 22, 2020
alrighty i should not have played this in a dark room at night. That jump scare in the beginning of chapter 3 got me haaaaaaaaaaard fuck me XDDDD

i love the story tho and thats 80% of a VN imo great job looking forward to more!

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorSeven

DeyoZero

Jul 9, 2020
One suggestion: when the game stops on a blank black screen, I'm never sure whether it's waiting for the user to advance or starting a transition. That could just be me, though.

Reactions: I am Gone

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
One suggestion: when the game stops on a blank black screen, I'm never sure whether it's waiting for the user to advance or starting a transition. That could just be me, though.
Yup. This is one of the Quality of Life fixes I've made and will release in Build 2. I was considering releasing a Quality of Life patch with no new content, but I wasn't sure if the community would appreciate that. People want more stuff lol.

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Potential oozing from every pore, was a bit salty about not seeing some of the characters (Giant pale chick) from the main image in the game yet, but what's there is solid:

The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
scene is a contender for most original H scene ever.
"C' is the ultimate yandere
Nook was well written and designed, honestly the entire conceit around orcs being misunderstood is handled well here.

My only gripe was the "monologue while doing martial arts" I found grating at first, just seemed to overstay its welcome, but the info dump at least lead to a smooth brisk pace for the rest of the story.

will be keeping an eye out, this is shaping up to be a worthy patreon no brainer.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes