VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Well, good news. I have a coder who might be interested in joining the project, so I may be able to crank out updates faster than I previously thought possible. Fingers crossed.

Also

Man, Nook is adorable.♥
Just for you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Finished playing through Chapter 1, and joined your Patreon! Good story, nice and slow burn build, good characters, and I'm just loving how things are going! Now I head to bed...tomorrow...I will likely finish the rest of it! Looking forward to meeting more of the characters, and getting more into the story!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Finished playing through Chapter 1, and joined your Patreon! Good story, nice and slow burn build, good characters, and I'm just loving how things are going! Now I head to bed...tomorrow...I will likely finish the rest of it! Looking forward to meeting more of the characters, and getting more into the story!
Thank you so much! I'm constantly looking into ways to make it better.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Honest question. I've been on Twitch for just over 6 years and have made a moderately successful career out of it at this point. Do you think players would care at all about the channel as an avenue of contact? Be able to drop in and ask questions about WCA, see the face behind the game? Or is that not really as important for purveyors of this particular genre?

I'm already using my page to promote the game, so... thoughts? Do you as a player care about the opportunity to meet and ask questions of the developer of a game you play?

1625957749298.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs
Jan 7, 2021
Honest question. I've been on Twitch for just over 6 years and have made a moderately successful career out of it at this point. Do you think players would care at all about the channel as an avenue of contact? Be able to drop in and ask questions about WCA, see the face behind the game? Or is that not really as important for purveyors of this particular genre?

I'm already using my page to promote the game, so... thoughts? Do you as a player care about the opportunity to meet and ask questions of the developer of a game you play?

View attachment 1291323
Some probably would yes.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

View attachment 1291323
Who knows, i dont think i would watch it for long honestly, i am usually with something else running on twitch. But i dont engage too much on discord either

You should try it

I will follow that channel now, but i dont know if i will be much online

Oct 3, 2017
The potential greatness of this game makes me excited for the future. Dear dev, I know you said that the game will be greatly influenced by patreons and community; but beware of the dangers of it becoming something you'd dislike. Catering to everybody's wishes is impossible as you know; so don't let anyone steer the game away from what you have initially planned. Make the game you love to make and you'd love to play. I wish all the best to you.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
The potential greatness of this game makes me excited for the future. Dear dev, I know you said that the game will be greatly influenced by patreons and community; but beware of the dangers of it becoming something you'd dislike. Catering to everybody's wishes is impossible as you know; so don't let anyone steer the game away from what you have initially planned. Make the game you love to make and you'd love to play. I wish all the best to you.
Thank you so much for your kind words! And don't worry. I retain the final say in what happens, especially when it comes to the main story and each of the girls' side stories. What the community is influencing is the order in which you might see some of this side content, extra screen time for popular characters, extra lewd scenes, and the addition of other fun stuff I hadn't planned for initially. And I made sure to make room for a ton of this extra content. The story itself will remain true to how I intend to write it.

Thank you again!

Reactions: Charles de Guernica

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words! And don't worry. I retain the final say in what happens, especially when it comes to the main story and each of the girls' side stories. What the community is influencing is the order in which you might see some of this side content, extra screen time for popular characters, extra lewd scenes, and the addition of other fun stuff I hadn't planned for initially. And I made sure to make room for a ton of this extra content. The story itself will remain true to how I intend to write it.

Thank you again!
I dont know if you answered this, but do you have a tentative release schedule? I am not rushing you or anything, just wanted to know if there is a goal or not on it

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I dont know if you answered this, but do you have a tentative release schedule? I am not rushing you or anything, just wanted to know if there is a goal or not on it
I'm still working that out with the new coder. My goal for now is to have a new in-game week that will release once every real-world month. That may be a little ambitious, and I haven't even finished Tuesday's scenes yet, but I think it will smooth out once the coder and I get used to a new workflow.

I may have a better answer in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Alright, I'm getting about ready to do compression on the music files. How does one "encode the waveform audio into opus or ogg" and make sure it still works in the game?

• Thinking Face

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I like everything so far. This game has great potential. I just hope it doesn't become another click&fap. There are so many of them. Good story driven games are hard to find. I will be watching to see how this developes.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Alright, I'm getting about ready to do compression on the music files. How does one "encode the waveform audio into opus or ogg" and make sure it still works in the game?
As you're probably on Windows I sadly can't recommend a tool to use. On Linux I simply let opusenc have it's way with the .wav files and afterwards altered the play statements to reference the .opus files instead (see ):
Python:
00Prologue.rpy
69:#RPS2_Bound_by_Fate_FULL_Loop.opus
71:define audio.RPS2_Bound_by_Fate_FULL_Loop = "audio/WOWSound/Extras/Music/RPS2_Bound_by_Fate_FULL_Loop.opus"
254:play music "audio/WOWSound/Extras/Music/RPS2_Bound_by_Fate_FULL_Loop.opus"
Worked flawlessly on my end. Though I may have overdone it with the bit rate in my attempt to preserve much of the original quality. There's a comparing OPUS to MP3 if you really want to obsess over the details.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Sorry, cant help you, but if you DM devs like Braindrop, Killer7 or most or most big Devs around they will probably help you. I think they are all together in a discord server too, so you can join them there

Nov 24, 2019
I use for editing and converting audio files.
Personally, I also think Audacity the most intuitive way to convert audio files. Although VLC can also do it, and I have used both in past.

Both, however, are kinda overkill for that. Audacity is to edit audio and VLC is to play media; They just so happen to be able to get the job done.

Never tried online conversion tools like proposed above but I dunno, might be worth a try as well.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes