Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
I really want to support you and sub but may I ask with no malice, why 25$ to get it on release day? I get OOT and LiL on release day for 5$ each. Its the main reason I dropped my sub for Crimson High. 25$ is way too much and for 5$ I might as well wait a week. I'm mainly curious as to why some devs charge this much for release day. Thanks.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I really want to support you and sub but may I ask with no malice, why 25$ to get it on release day? I get OOT and LiL on release day for 5$ each. Its the main reason I dropped my sub for Crimson High. 25$ is way too much and for 5$ I might as well wait a week. I'm mainly curious as to why some devs charge this much for release day. Thanks.
The answer to this is kinda twofold. I did some research before I started on the averages of a lot of AVN Patreon pages and seeing what the more successful creators were doing. It was a mixed bag, with the most successful of creators, DarkCookie (Summertime Saga) pulling in around $70,000 a MONTH at the time not having tiers above $10. Now, I'm under no grand illusions about WCA. I do not anticipate us getting to THAT level of support. So I lowered my eyes to the middle ranges, where I saw tiers up to a few hundred dollars. Those also seemed to be wildly successful, so I crafted the page and its tiers after those.

It's fine if you think some of the tiers are too expensive. Would you believe some people are spending $50 and $75 per month on WCA regardless of the benefits, just to help the project succeed? This feeds into the second reason that these tiers are available. I have very little free time currently. I work two jobs at 48 hours a week, I run an 8 year old Twitch channel, I'm designing a competitive MOBA game with JRPG battle sequences, I plan, write, and run tabletop rpgs in various systems including 5e, Witcher, BREAK!!, and Panic at the Dojo, and I'm developing WCA. I am spread THIN. I'm hoping to replace the income from my security job with the income from WCA so I can quit and have 2 more days per week free to work on WCA and spend time with friends and family. That way I'll only be working my group home job 3 days a week and I'll have more room for more goodies and stuff for those who are supporting. So... that's more of a personal reason for having all of those price points available. Those who have the cash to burn can really, really help me out. My goal is to get the SubscribeStar page specifically to $1000 a month (because the Patreon page could disappear at any moment due to their wacky content policing rules and how often they change them), and then I'll feel secure enough to quit my security job and treat development on WCA as my second job. I want SO BADLY to get WCA to the point where we have a new build releasing every month.

As far as what you GET for what you're spending, it's a whole lot more than just early access. Most of my benefits are Discord benefits, as that's the central location for the community and where it's easiest to chat with me. But I take requests, post previews, chat about What Ifs, post custom Pinups and Character Voicemails, heck, I even open up about potential story arcs and see what the general consensus says about them. $5 doesn't just get you early access a week before release day. $5 makes you an insider with the power to influence the story, give your input on which love interests need some screen time, or even get custom renders of your favorite love interests.

Wall of text, I know, but that's the reason for all of WCA's price points in particular. If you can think of more things I can offer easily that might make things worth it to you, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm always looking for better, reasonable ways I can give back to those who are supporting WCA.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
The answer to this is kinda twofold. I did some research before I started on the averages of a lot of AVN Patreon pages and seeing what the more successful creators were doing. It was a mixed bag, with the most successful of creators, DarkCookie (Summertime Saga) pulling in around $70,000 a MONTH at the time not having tiers above $10. Now, I'm under no grand illusions about WCA. I do not anticipate us getting to THAT level of support. So I lowered my eyes to the middle ranges, where I saw tiers up to a few hundred dollars. Those also seemed to be wildly successful, so I crafted the page and its tiers after those.

It's fine if you think some of the tiers are too expensive. Would you believe some people are spending $50 and $75 per month on WCA regardless of the benefits, just to help the project succeed? This feeds into the second reason that these tiers are available. I have very little free time currently. I work two jobs at 48 hours a week, I run an 8 year old Twitch channel, I'm designing a competitive MOBA game with JRPG battle sequences, I plan, write, and run tabletop rpgs in various systems including 5e, Witcher, BREAK!!, and Panic at the Dojo, and I'm developing WCA. I am spread THIN. I'm hoping to replace the income from my security job with the income from WCA so I can quit and have 2 more days per week free to work on WCA and spend time with friends and family. That way I'll only be working my group home job 3 days a week and I'll have more room for more goodies and stuff for those who are supporting. So... that's more of a personal reason for having all of those price points available. Those who have the cash to burn can really, really help me out. My goal is to get the SubscribeStar page specifically to $1000 a month (because the Patreon page could disappear at any moment due to their wacky content policing rules and how often they change them), and then I'll feel secure enough to quit my security job and treat development on WCA as my second job. I want SO BADLY to get WCA to the point where we have a new build releasing every month.

As far as what you GET for what you're spending, it's a whole lot more than just early access. Most of my benefits are Discord benefits, as that's the central location for the community and where it's easiest to chat with me. But I take requests, post previews, chat about What Ifs, post custom Pinups and Character Voicemails, heck, I even open up about potential story arcs and see what the general consensus says about them. $5 doesn't just get you early access a week before release day. $5 makes you an insider with the power to influence the story, give your input on which love interests need some screen time, or even get custom renders of your favorite love interests.

Wall of text, I know, but that's the reason for all of WCA's price points in particular. If you can think of more things I can offer easily that might make things worth it to you, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm always looking for better, reasonable ways I can give back to those who are supporting WCA.
you having a security job explains so much, whenever I read the sections where the MC is being trained in security I am always taken aback at how in depth it goes, I thought you did a bunch of research on this relatively small part of the game

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
you having a security job explains so much, whenever I read the sections where the MC is being trained in security I am always taken aback at how in depth it goes, I thought you did a bunch of research on this relatively small part of the game
Haha no, I've been working security since 2013 lmao. I figured if I have in-depth knowledge of stuff, that makes it easy to write, and feel more real to whomever is enjoying the story. So there are a lot of little slivers of myself and my own knowledge that I stitched into the game here and there. Same with Taekwondo being Aurum's main art. I was Head Instructor of a little TKD school, just under the Master, back when I lived in SoCal. Worst paying job I've ever had but I loved it.

Fun fact, the 10 codes I'm using are the 10 codes that the Modesto Police Department in California uses.

TBone9

Apr 6, 2023
I work two jobs at 48 hours a week, I run an 8 year old Twitch channel, I'm designing a competitive MOBA game with JRPG battle sequences, I plan, write, and run tabletop rpgs in various systems including 5e, Witcher, BREAK!!, and Panic at the Dojo, and I'm developing WCA. I am spread THIN. I'm hoping to replace the income from my security job with the income from WCA so I can quit and have 2 more days per week free to work on WCA and spend time with friends and family.
Holy cow, it's amazing you can get any time for this. WCA is fantastic, and I hope you can manage to keep going on it without burning out.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[NIGHTBLIND] Where The Tulips Grow

New Nightblind release, for those of you who are into that. Description and lyrics as follows:

Some of us fight a silent war every day that the rest of you know nothing about. There is no way to win this war. There is only survival, holding out as long as you can.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TBone9

Apr 6, 2023
Just found a very minor bug playing back through the re-release. When you are in the garden asking Wither to preserve the flower bracelet for you, there is supposed to be a transition to white but it shows the message, "White.png not found." Looking through the folder, I saw the file whitebg.png and figured that is what it was looking for, so I made a copy to white.png and the scene looks right. I guess this is just a minor typo in the script.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Just found a very minor bug playing back through the re-release. When you are in the garden asking Wither to preserve the flower bracelet for you, there is supposed to be a transition to white but it shows the message, "White.png not found." Looking through the folder, I saw the file whitebg.png and figured that is what it was looking for, so I made a copy to white.png and the scene looks right. I guess this is just a minor typo in the script.
Yup I just put the wrong code in. I had "scene white with fade" instead of "scene whitebg with fade." It's fixed in the Episode 3 update that I'm working on. Thank you, though!

Apr 29, 2021

Damn it is inspiring to read through all that work-ethic you have been lifting along with making WCA, have been an admirer of the game ever since have played it, but this raises the respect even more. Expect you are also able to recharge yourself in between as that certainly is a strenous workflow and also that you're able to meet your ambition with SS as well, which would be quite deserving for a plot that has been so wholesome and pleasurable. Also have gone through the pinup pack it is wonderfully made, kudos to all that have been involved in the effort and execution, Overall much strength to you, take care there!

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PROGRESS REPORT] Episode 3 is Almost Ready

Title says it all.

I have just finished shooting the final Main Story scene for Season 2 Episode 3. Now all that's left to do is the shots for the fight scene and for the Episode 4 Preview that I want to include on the map screen.

1721662237635.png

I'm about to work on that preview scene, but I'm waiting on a batch of poses I commissioned to do the fight scene, and those should be done by Tuesday. Hopefully. If I can get those and some poses for the opposition, I should be good to go. Meanwhile, I'll be working on scoring the entirety of Episode 3 (that means adding music and sfx) and then bugtesting the whole thing.

1721662253657.png

That being said, since I'm dropping an entire episode all at once, side content is rather light. There are only a small handful of new scenes. I'm also running someone through the story currently, and they're apparently very good with posing and doing renders. They claim to be able to pump out 1300 renders a week, which is (checks code) about triple the size of this update.

1721662272640.png

That's about it. I'm basically spamming images at this point lol. Hope to have this released within a week. See you then!

-Vic

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024

Title says it all.

I have just finished shooting the final Main Story scene for Season 2 Episode 3. Now all that's left to do is the shots for the fight scene and for the Episode 4 Preview that I want to include on the map screen.

View attachment 3856655

I'm about to work on that preview scene, but I'm waiting on a batch of poses I commissioned to do the fight scene, and those should be done by Tuesday. Hopefully. If I can get those and some poses for the opposition, I should be good to go. Meanwhile, I'll be working on scoring the entirety of Episode 3 (that means adding music and sfx) and then bugtesting the whole thing.

View attachment 3856656

That being said, since I'm dropping an entire episode all at once, side content is rather light. There are only a small handful of new scenes. I'm also running someone through the story currently, and they're apparently very good with posing and doing renders. They claim to be able to pump out 1300 renders a week, which is (checks code) about triple the size of this update.

View attachment 3856657

That's about it. I'm basically spamming images at this point lol. Hope to have this released within a week. See you then!

-Vic
Thank you for the great. You have done exceptional work thus far. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: VictorSeven

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020

Title says it all.

View attachment 3856655

View attachment 3856656

View attachment 3856657

-Vic
It shall be named Redeyes - the Episode
Looking forward to release!

Reactions: VictorSeven

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PROGRESS REPORT] Bit Off A Little Much

Okay so as it stands, I have just a few things left to do before this little Episode 3 is ready for release.

• Shoot, Score, and Bugtest the Aftermath scene
  • Finish shooting and coding the fight scene
  • Write, shoot, score, and test the Episode 4 Preview
  • Score and Bugtest Ember and Druthari's new scenes
  • Finish scoring and bugtesting everything that comes after the fight scene
1722159958403.png

That's it. That's all. We're there. I could have this done by tomorrow night if everything goes perfectly. But it rarely does that, so I'm anticipating HOPEFULLY being ready to release Season 2 Episode 3 to Supporters on my birthday (July 30th). Lofty goal, as this fight scene is taking everything I have. It is both glorious and exhausting. I want to say it's around 25% done, not including the finisher sequence if you win. But I have some absolutely BRUTAL shots and I think those of you who choose to play the fight minigame are gonna feel some serious catharsis. Now I just gotta pose and shoot 6 more moves and their counter options...

As previously stated, this is a full Main Story Episode dropping all at once. I'm VERY curious to see how you folks feel about this type of delivery versus delivering half an episode at a time plus side content.

1722160596072.png

I'm also happy to announce that Hanamura has joined the team as our auxiliary poser. He's an expert in lighting and visuals and claims to be able to pump out 1300 renders in a week, and that kind of aptitude is something that Team EmberWings SORELY needs. You'll see his work on an upcoming Secret character's scene and in Druthari's 5th scene, which is releasing in the same patch as Episode 3.

That's right. Druthari is up to 5 scenes. Things are gonna start getting spicy soon. Who's excited to see her start opening up a little?

That's all for now! Let's get that SubscribeStar page up to $1000 a month so I can quit one of my jobs and make more WCA! That'd be a wonderful birthday present!

See ya when Episode 3 releases!

- Vic

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 33 Votes