Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
new to the game but saw in the settings cloth stealing. what does that actually do?
Affects probability of the MC keeping any articles of clothing he takes from the girls instead of returning them, what can result in leaving them without wardrobe options after a large number of repeated tests.

Mar 22, 2020
I'm getting errors loading previous saves, some starting photoshoot, so I skipped a day and now starting class :(

I suppose its time to start a fresh game.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 18, in script call
call pickName from _call_pickName
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 55, in script
$ selGirl = examGirls[idx]
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 55, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1133, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/revertable.py", line 217, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
WTM Academy 0.23a
Tue Feb 7 20:24:09 2023

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
I'm getting errors loading previous saves, some starting photoshoot, so I skipped a day and now starting class :(

I suppose its time to start a fresh game.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1133, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/revertable.py", line 217, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
WTM Academy 0.23a
Tue Feb 7 20:24:09 2023
Yes, almost every "big" update/rework will require a new save. As I'm adding a lot of new systems like 1/2 update, the game will have some things missing on old saves.
Technically every update that's a 0.01+ increment might need a fresh save.
I'll work on save compatibility when I'll be at a point where adding entire new system won't be that frequent, for now making saves compatible is not woth the severe dev time penalty it requires.

Mar 22, 2020
Yes, almost every "big" update/rework will require a new save. As I'm adding a lot of new systems like 1/2 update, the game will have some things missing on old saves.
Technically every update that's a 0.01+ increment might need a fresh save.
I'll work on save compatibility when I'll be at a point where adding entire new system won't be that frequent, for now making saves compatible is not woth the severe dev time penalty it requires.
Thanks for the reply and honestly I prefer new content and updates than you spending time on old save compatibility, especially when the game is quick to progress like this one.

Paranoiaaaaaa

Jul 13, 2018
You can still click the button when the text appears :giggle:
I mean I can't find the last photo before this showed up.

1675948013618.png

And maybe an option in game settings that makes the most matched photo showed first during choose photos for sponsor would be a lot less grinding.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I tried to play this game but I'm having a hard time understanding it. Can someone please make a guide on what exactly are we suppose to do? I'm so confused.

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
I tried to play this game but I'm having a hard time understanding it. Can someone please make a guide on what exactly are we suppose to do? I'm so confused.
You should play examination day, predecessor first, the tutorial is better there since it just focuses on the core mechanics. It mainly explains the hidden stats and what you should do to corrupt the girls.

WTM Academy its spin-off focuses on new features/systems and while it provides interessing ideas and a lot of new girls and content, it will confuse you as a first time player.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
You should play examination day, predecessor first, the tutorial is better there since it just focuses on the core mechanics. It mainly explains the hidden stats and what you should do to corrupt the girls.

WTM Academy its spin-off focuses on new features/systems and while it provides interessing ideas and a lot of new girls and content, it will confuse you as a first time player.
Even though examination day is abandoned, I'll give it a try and see what happens

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah many players seems confused about the why, how, I'll be implementing a shorther and more understandable intro + an "ingame" tutorial just showing what the different menus does.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018

WTM Academy has a tutorial (optional) of its own on first class, but it has been ages since i last saw it, so i don't really remember how useful or not in making sense of things for a first time player it can be.

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
Is the goal to keep girls in the room without passing them, or to get them to leave (early on...or whatever, advice is welcome). As for the "Sponsors" are the ones from the mods intended to be used later, or something, because I can't even get them to accept offers on their first "Hostess" missions. Anyways, any advice is welcome, and thank you in advance to anyone willing to take the time to reply. :D

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
Is the goal to keep girls in the room without passing them, or to get them to leave (early on...or whatever, advice is welcome). As for the "Sponsors" are the ones from the mods intended to be used later, or something, because I can't even get them to accept offers on their first "Hostess" missions. Anyways, any advice is welcome, and thank you in advance to anyone willing to take the time to reply. :D
I did wait a little before replying since Ninnoss the main developper is active here. So I hope I am not saying too many false stuff. Here is how I would summarize the different games and mechanics:
  • Examination Day, was the fusion of the ideas of 3 games, where the goal is to progressively corrupt the girl into sex addicts. The main game focuses around a timing difficulty, the girls would progress very fast from one exam to another (namely if you do not follow the tutorial). There is a kind of a loop hole, where you find the correct strategy and if you do not hack by using the quick save, you will have around 40%, 60% or 80% percent of chance to corrupt a girl before its too late according to the difficulty. The goal is for me to get a good run, and once you have a corrupted girl, RNG may play some tricks. This reminds me of Corrupted Saviors somehow.
    So the game would be to play multiple times with an increasing diffculty to see the multiple girls gradually corrupted in sexiest lingeries...
  • WTM Academy was a way too modded version of Examination Day but since the mod started before the introduction of corrupted girls, there was just bare core game mechanics but with better graphics and a debug mode to add new stuff later (for example, you get the exact value of the RNG whereas in Examination you would have to more or less guess the probability of success according to the girl reaction). WTM Academy did not adopt the "sex addict" system but wanted to feel more like a VN, where you can interact more with the corrupted girls. Different ideas were tested and I do not really get what is fully planned, but as far as I understood : you now trick the girl to become more depraved, can make photoshoots and sell the pictures to get some money to maintain the university afloat. An end-goal is planned for each girl, but it is still in developpement.
    In order to reduce your frustration and to help feedback and bug reports, WTM Academy is way easier... to the points that sometimes you are asking yourself : Can I really loose / have a bad run ? For example, you cannot take the photos of many default girls but the sponsor system would sometimes require specific photos at specific nudity level. Same thing for the panties. Since bad RNG (wrong girl) would make you loose, for the moment, the difficulty has been lowered to the point where maintaining only 3 over many more sponsors is sufficient to avoid a bad end/loosing your save.
  • While I did enjoy Examination Day because it was fun to see if I guessed correctly how to handle a bad RNG with some skill play (remembering how many times a girl was corrupted in a certain way without explicit access to their hidden stats, trying to corrupt her before she becomes too intelligent), I find WTM Academy currently less fun because it is still mainly under development and there are old mechanics that are more or less inconsistent with the new systems. WTM Academy needs polishing, but this should be done in the few months or so.
Now to answer your questions:
  • In WTM Academy, your goal should be to keep the girl at least X weeks before being allowed to pass the exam. So the first X weeks, if she is selected for an exam, she must leave before the 15 rounds.
  • As being the core mechanics of Examination Day, each time a girl leaves, her stats will increase, making it more difficult for the next time, that is why a girl should be as much as possible corrupted before leaving and you will have to time your 15 rounds for this.
  • That’s said, the probability of success of an act being fully seen in WTM Academy and the difficulty being very lowered, there is little difficulty to do it (but I may be very partial here since I previously learned how to be efficient in the former game), and so there is no real game anymore here.
  • The game is now how to become rich by selling pictures and the current best strategy seems to keep a lower number of students (6) to fully corrupt. You actually need to select which girl you want (according to their application forms).
  • Since WTM Academy was originally a mod, modders are very welcome here and so the game is released with the bare content/mechanics. You should choose the sponsor(s) and the girl(s) you want to play with by installing mods or part of the mod (copy and paste in the correct folder)
  • Not being able to win the first "Hostess" mission means that you have the wrong girl (or not corrupted enough) for the specific sponsor. Each sponsors wants specific "traits" that the girl should match if possible (ex: the sponsor wants girls with blue eyes), if the girl do not have the correct "traits" your score would be too low.
I hope I understood well enough to explain the core ideas of the 2 games, namely WTM Academy since the former is now abandonned.
I also hope that I did not make to many mistake as I am not an english speaker.

Reactions: Kavalor

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
I did wait a little before replying since Ninnoss the main developper is active here. So I hope I am not saying too many false stuff. Here is how I would summarize the different games and mechanics:
  • Examination Day, was the fusion of the ideas of 3 games, where the goal is to progressively corrupt the girl into sex addicts. The main game focuses around a timing difficulty, the girls would progress very fast from one exam to another (namely if you do not follow the tutorial). There is a kind of a loop hole, where you find the correct strategy and if you do not hack by using the quick save, you will have around 40%, 60% or 80% percent of chance to corrupt a girl before its too late according to the difficulty. The goal is for me to get a good run, and once you have a corrupted girl, RNG may play some tricks. This reminds me of Corrupted Saviors somehow.
    So the game would be to play multiple times with an increasing diffculty to see the multiple girls gradually corrupted in sexiest lingeries...
  • WTM Academy was a way too modded version of Examination Day but since the mod started before the introduction of corrupted girls, there was just bare core game mechanics but with better graphics and a debug mode to add new stuff later (for example, you get the exact value of the RNG whereas in Examination you would have to more or less guess the probability of success according to the girl reaction). WTM Academy did not adopt the "sex addict" system but wanted to feel more like a VN, where you can interact more with the corrupted girls. Different ideas were tested and I do not really get what is fully planned, but as far as I understood : you now trick the girl to become more depraved, can make photoshoots and sell the pictures to get some money to maintain the university afloat. An end-goal is planned for each girl, but it is still in developpement.
    In order to reduce your frustration and to help feedback and bug reports, WTM Academy is way easier... to the points that sometimes you are asking yourself : Can I really loose / have a bad run ? For example, you cannot take the photos of many default girls but the sponsor system would sometimes require specific photos at specific nudity level. Same thing for the panties. Since bad RNG (wrong girl) would make you loose, for the moment, the difficulty has been lowered to the point where maintaining only 3 over many more sponsors is sufficient to avoid a bad end/loosing your save.
  • While I did enjoy Examination Day because it was fun to see if I guessed correctly how to handle a bad RNG with some skill play (remembering how many times a girl was corrupted in a certain way without explicit access to their hidden stats, trying to corrupt her before she becomes too intelligent), I find WTM Academy currently less fun because it is still mainly under development and there are old mechanics that are more or less inconsistent with the new systems. WTM Academy needs polishing, but this should be done in the few months or so.
Now to answer your questions:
  • In WTM Academy, your goal should be to keep the girl at least X weeks before being allowed to pass the exam. So the first X weeks, if she is selected for an exam, she must leave before the 15 rounds.
  • As being the core mechanics of Examination Day, each time a girl leaves, her stats will increase, making it more difficult for the next time, that is why a girl should be as much as possible corrupted before leaving and you will have to time your 15 rounds for this.
  • That’s said, the probability of success of an act being fully seen in WTM Academy and the difficulty being very lowered, there is little difficulty to do it (but I may be very partial here since I previously learned how to be efficient in the former game), and so there is no real game anymore here.
  • The game is now how to become rich by selling pictures and the current best strategy seems to keep a lower number of students (6) to fully corrupt. You actually need to select which girl you want (according to their application forms).
  • Since WTM Academy was originally a mod, modders are very welcome here and so the game is released with the bare content/mechanics. You should choose the sponsor(s) and the girl(s) you want to play with by installing mods or part of the mod (copy and paste in the correct folder)
  • Not being able to win the first "Hostess" mission means that you have the wrong girl (or not corrupted enough) for the specific sponsor. Each sponsors wants specific "traits" that the girl should match if possible (ex: the sponsor wants girls with blue eyes), if the girl do not have the correct "traits" your score would be too low.
I hope I understood well enough to explain the core ideas of the 2 games, namely WTM Academy since the former is now abandonned.
I also hope that I did not make to many mistake as I am not an english speaker.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post! :D

I guess I haven't been able to find out how to tell if it is "Better" to "Make the girl(s) leave" (through one of the 3 NONE "finishing the exam" means), OR to keep them in the room, but NOT letting them complete the exam (and graduate)(which is obviously a loss if done before you are finished with them).

As far as the sponsor's first "Hostess" missions are concerned...I found out that you can just wait until closer to the expiration date, and they take them. I was just instantly completing them when you first get them that turned out to be the problem.

I have found you basically can't lose if you just get them to leave, but keeping them in the room WITHOUT letting them graduate is a bit more of a challenge (if you're looking for one).

My current run has the 9 added sponsors (and that mods new girls/events). I have been able to keep the first 6 without ever letting one leave early NOR graduate. I have fully completed all their photo shoots, kept them all for over a month (so the "X days" thing is super easy), and I am close to collecting all their panties (seems like the only thing left to do before rotating them out for new girls). If this is all there is to it...well, then yes it is rather easy.

I am still interested in knowing if it is "Better" to "Make the girl(s) leave", OR to keep them in the room.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply! :D

Gdiggers

Dec 27, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post! :D

I guess I haven't been able to find out how to tell if it is "Better" to "Make the girl(s) leave" (through one of the 3 NONE "finishing the exam" means), OR to keep them in the room, but NOT letting them complete the exam (and graduate)(which is obviously a loss if done before you are finished with them).

As far as the sponsor's first "Hostess" missions are concerned...I found out that you can just wait until closer to the expiration date, and they take them. I was just instantly completing them when you first get them that turned out to be the problem.

I have found you basically can't lose if you just get them to leave, but keeping them in the room WITHOUT letting them graduate is a bit more of a challenge (if you're looking for one).

My current run has the 9 added sponsors (and that mods new girls/events). I have been able to keep the first 6 without ever letting one leave early NOR graduate. I have fully completed all their photo shoots, kept them all for over a month (so the "X days" thing is super easy), and I am close to collecting all their panties (seems like the only thing left to do before rotating them out for new girls). If this is all there is to it...well, then yes it is rather easy.

I am still interested in knowing if it is "Better" to "Make the girl(s) leave", OR to keep them in the room.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply! :D
I can answer more clearly, I've been around since WTM popped up, effectively it's up to how you prefer to play.

Getting them to leave early bumps up a stat that basically "prepares" them for future exams.

So if you get her to leave because you keep trying to strip her, she'll "feel embarrassed" and will have her naturism stat bumped so she isn't as bugged with being nude (or just less clothed) in future exams.
Same kinda principle with if you keep teasing her sexually, she'll leave "horny" and will be more open to sexual teasing in future exams.
And (I believe) the last reason she can leave early is if you abuse her too much (spanking/slapping/etc.) she'll "leave in pain" and become more resistant to abuse in further exams.

Getting them to stay prevents that stat-boost, which depending on how you like it, can be good or bad. A planned feature with the PTA meetings is how many girls run away from the exam in the past week will impact certain aspects of evaluation.

And as for the sponsors, they are a little RNG based on the girls you roll early game. You may just not have a girl with features that match the tags of a certain sponsor (i.e. a sponsor wants a blonde girl or photos that are inside, you may just have brown hair girls with outdoor photos)

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
I can answer more clearly, I've been around since WTM popped up, effectively it's up to how you prefer to play.

Getting them to leave early bumps up a stat that basically "prepares" them for future exams.

So if you get her to leave because you keep trying to strip her, she'll "feel embarrassed" and will have her naturism stat bumped so she isn't as bugged with being nude (or just less clothed) in future exams.
Same kinda principle with if you keep teasing her sexually, she'll leave "horny" and will be more open to sexual teasing in future exams.
And (I believe) the last reason she can leave early is if you abuse her too much (spanking/slapping/etc.) she'll "leave in pain" and become more resistant to abuse in further exams.

Getting them to stay prevents that stat-boost, which depending on how you like it, can be good or bad. A planned feature with the PTA meetings is how many girls run away from the exam in the past week will impact certain aspects of evaluation.

And as for the sponsors, they are a little RNG based on the girls you roll early game. You may just not have a girl with features that match the tags of a certain sponsor (i.e. a sponsor wants a blonde girl or photos that are inside, you may just have brown hair girls with outdoor photos)
Is there a stat that get's boosted if they stay to the end, but DON'T graduate?

Also, for each of your examples is there a good reason to do each of the three, "Embarrass" (Naturalism), "Reduce HP" (Discipline?/Fear?), and "Horny" (Corruption)? For example Corruption opens the "Events" (so that is a reason to do that one). Is there a reason to do the other two? Is there a know way to raise "Affection", and is there a point?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :D

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes