Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Yo
I hope everyone has had a good week. I certainly can't complain about mine.
Not a super duper long mind drop by any means but I do have some news to share so let's get into it.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- Another solid week in the books. Things continued to go smoothly and I've kept my pace without any issues.

- Last week I polled about adding an overall percentage tracker to these mind drops. And after reading through opinions on the matter I think I will wait until after days 10-14 to add it. But it is something I want to do moving forward.
Renders made this prior week:
New - 89 renders and 0 animations
Week 1 redo - 82 renders and 2 animations
Renders per day - 24.4
(Very solid week considering I took Sunday off; so a more accurate renders per day is 28.5)

Personal related stuff:

- Psychonauts 2 is awesome and worth the wait. I haven't managed to finish it yet but I will likely set some time aside tomorrow to continue it.

- Fatherhood is not far away for me now. One of the reasons betas haven't started yet is because I wanted to build up a solid amount of work I could sprinkle out through betas since I know my life will get a lot different soon. Though I'm confident in the support system I have around me to help mitigate some of that.

Upcoming content:

Rachael client poll - 09/28 (Tiers 1-4)

(Small hiatus with these just because I have recieved a severe lack of suggestions for a solid foundation for a client from Norway. In fact the only suggestion I've gotten is from Morbil and that was for "True Norwegian Black Metal band's frontwoman" and I came close to running with it but I'll give another shot for suggestions. And remember you don't have to comment them, you can send them to me in a private message here on patreon.)

Birthday renders - 09/30 (Tiers 1-4) (Discord only)

I'm going to do my best to start hitting these on the day of the girl's birthdays. Carly's has already happened and Willow's is the next up on the 30th.

Monthly render set - 09/30 (Tiers 2-4)

From the topics I presented you guys voted for "What are the girls up to on the MC's first away game?" It will be a 20+ render set that will also be it's own very small game.

First beta - 10/12 (Tier 4) 10/19 (Tier 3) 10/22 (Tiers 1-2)

I decided to play it cautiously and to not jump ahead of myself as I tend to want to do. It took a long time to get to the betas but they will become a common thing.

Question of the week:

Q:

Any plans on adding music / other features?

A:
For the longest time I've been a big proponent that music in Visual Novels isn't necessary. Solely for the reason that I think music is so subjective that it makes so much more sense to just play your own. There's the added catch that I am in no way shape or form musically gifted and my music tastes aren't exactly the norm. I listen to a lot of G-funk and 90's rap.

Sound design is a different story. Background noise such as crowd noise or just ambient noises can really add a lot of depth to VN's. So things like that are much more likely to be added.

As for other features, they're mainly only planned to be added for the week 1 remake.
These include things like the character viewer, day tracker / calendar, and a gallery to replay spicy scenes. So while music isn't planned currently I don't want to rule it out as a possibility.

That's all for this week. I'm gonna get back to work, I'm having a lot of fun on the scene I'm currently making.
And as always, you guys are the fucking best and I'm so thankful for each of you.
Love you guys <3

Thank you Bob69_ for sharing that here.

Would of loved for her to black metal front woman, too bad that didn't stick. I hate not seeing the Carly renders, I'm a little jelly. :)

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
i have been waiting for along time and i bet others are too we cant wait any longer for this
Hey, guess... guess what.... we don't care how long you've been waiting... why? Becasue we're paitent as we wait for an update and considering an update wasn't that long ago... i think you're just being stupid and entitled...

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
As I read each word I started loading my guns and preparing for war but in the end, you're not wrong.

Don't step on my dreams.
just saying they havent done anything yet so it would be a pretty big leap to jump from friendly term to in bed.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
nothing is off the table I just don't see it happening too soon
also ... for me it's a pass in case you were trying to be a smart ass :p
Maybe it was an offer?

Alexis when zero to one hundred pretty fast... now that Kimmy is over her misjudgement (shut up Spfjolietjake ), there is no reason she can't drop to knees and make a proper apology.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Maybe it was an offer?

Alexis when zero to one hundred pretty fast... now that Kimmy is over her misjudgement (shut up Spfjolietjake ), there is no reason she can't drop to knees and make a proper apology.
first of all
I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer....

Alexis was in the beginning of the game, game needed some lewd scenes
Plus there are different situations and different personalities between Kimmy and Alexis.
So no..you can keep dreaming but I'm doubting that it's going to happen in the next update.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
first of all
I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer....

Alexis was in the beginning of the game, game needed some lewd scenes
Plus there are different situations and different personalities between Kimmy and Alexis.
So no..you can keep dreaming but I'm doubting that it's going to happen in the next update.
I really got the impression that Alexis and the MC had some history. Probably not romantic, but, that they knew each other, and that Alexis had been wanting to do that with him for a long time in backstory. Kimmy has known the MC in person for 9 days, and has hated him for half of those, at least.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I really got the impression that Alexis and the MC had some history. Probably not romantic, but, that they knew each other, and that Alexis had been wanting to do that with him for a long time in backstory. Kimmy has known the MC in person for 9 days, and has hated him for half of those, at least.
remember when they talked the first time?
after she tells him that they were in the same class but she was too shy to talk to him?
and he says something like "Oh yea I remember you being in the same class with me"
Only history they had is that they were in the same place but the dialogue says (at least from my point of view) that they didn't interact at all.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm not into that kink myself, but I do acknowledge that if it's on the menu, then you must be ready to both give and receive.
Just don't shit on those of us who like it... or, don't play a game with the tag as I think it just wastes em--and we'll be good. I think such actions should be present but not be forced... even though opting cheapens things a bit.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The rework is of week 1 (days 1-7) to fix characters models that have changed such as emiko, natalies hair, also ruby and moon. Also addings the features too. Plus some of the story will change, not big stuff just small stuff just to fix continuity and things make sense. I belive that the rework will make it that you will have to replay anywya due to the amount of changes saves may not be compatible (i was gonna replay anyway once the rework is out)
I am waiting for it,to finally try female version of Shauna.

sasquach01

Aug 12, 2018
may i ask when do you think the next update will be please i love this game and the creator is doing a awsome job so thanks developer
don (y)

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
may i ask when do you think the next update will be please i love this game and the creator is doing a awsome job so thanks developer
don (y)
It will be released whenever Braindrop is done making it, and none of us konw for sure when that is going to be, and considering he's about to become a father it may take some time, so you just have to be patient. :)

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes