RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
Lmao the full game up to this point is like 9000 renders. How many renders can you make in a day? Hint: It takes more than pressing the PrintScreen button. He has to craft locations, position everything correctly and that's just stills. Animations take even more work to get them smooth. Just appreciate he's making it and that you can enjoy it for free.
His own workflow spreadsheet claims his daily render goal is 17, although it used to be at 20 a couple of years ago. He also supposedly had some already done that didn't go into the last update. The last update was 90 days ago. With his current daily target, that's 1,530 + whatever he was holding onto. With his old target, that's 1,800+. Those numbers are doable by BD's own words.

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
His own workflow spreadsheet claims his daily render goal is 17, although it used to be at 20 a couple of years ago. He also supposedly had some already done that didn't go into the last update. The last update was 90 days ago. With his current daily target, that's 1,530 + whatever he was holding onto. With his old target, that's 1,800+. Those numbers are doable by BD's own words.
I thought he was doing a "rework" to help hide that pile of bull droppings ..... with the amount of schizophrenic postings from them it's hard to tell what is going on.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Lmao the full game up to this point is like 9000 renders. How many renders can you make in a day? Hint: It takes more than pressing the PrintScreen button. He has to craft locations, position everything correctly and that's just stills. Animations take even more work to get them smooth. Just appreciate he's making it and that you can enjoy it for free.
Have I ever complained about something?I simply responded that large updates are around 2000 renders,the update is neither short nor long, but normal apparently 751 renders.
**** This is not in defense of BD. It's just for clarification****​

Ok, so... some things to consider when discussing renders, total renders per update, daily render counts and such...

First you can not look at a daily goal of 17 or 20 renders (which isn't really that bad) and say it's been 100 days so the update should have 2000 renders. It just doesn't equate that way.

Sometimes a render is flawed in a way that only shows up after the image is rendered and then it must be corrected and rendered again. this happens on roughly about 15 to 20% of renders, so that detracts from that 100 day = 2000 render count.

Next, it also depends if the AV has animations in it. If it does, then 1 second of animation equates to roughly 30 renders. Most Devs count animations and render totals separately, ie. 400 renders and 12 animations(which would be around another 360+ renders)

Also, as stated before there is scene building(which is extremely time consuming), and coding, and a host of other things.

So just be aware that not everything can be easily quantified by someone looking from the outside.

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
First you can not look at a daily goal of 17 or 20 renders (which isn't really that bad) and say it's been 100 days so the update should have 2000 renders. It just doesn't equate that way.

Sometimes a render is flawed in a way that only shows up after the image is rendered and then it must be corrected and rendered again. this happens on roughly about 15 to 20% of renders, so that detracts from that 100 day = 2000 render count.
While I agree with you, I'm just saying what Braindrop has publicly stated, and he has emphasized at times that he has exceeded his daily target. He wants us to think he's hitting those high numbers (when it was 20, he said that was his average daily output), but then those completed render counts mysteriously shrink by the hundreds when he actually publishes the updates.

Reactions: Wolfeszorn

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
**** This is not in defense of BD. It's just for clarification****​

Ok, so... some things to consider when discussing renders, total renders per update, daily render counts and such...

Next, it also depends if the AV has animations in it. If it does, then 1 second of animation equates to roughly 30 renders. Most Devs count animations and render totals separately, ie. 400 renders and 12 animations(which would be around another 360+ renders)

Also, as stated before there is scene building(which is extremely time consuming), and coding, and a host of other things.

So just be aware that not everything can be easily quantified by someone looking from the outside.
can i ask you some question ?
how is possible for many devs to totally have an update of 1200 renders in only 30 to 40 days,bcs im tryng the best to understand the work in those ,and i can see many devs here that the count doestn mathc up the update or viceversa,like i dont wann say any names,but i play a honeyselect game in particular and the dev do like 1200 to 1500 renders each update and you can see that in the update,and doing that in only 30 to 40 days,so you understand more the job and will be good to know how is the development goes in this case or in any other ,like yours

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
Have I ever complained about something?I simply responded that large updates are around 2000 renders,the update is neither short nor long, but normal apparently 751 renders.
And my point was about time and effort. The full game has been in the making for about 4,5 years. In that time he made ~9000 renders, coming to about 2000 renders per year. In that context, you're basically saying the dev can't "release a big update" unless he switches to a yearly update schedule. Which would have EVERYONE flipping their lids even harder than the haters are flipping now.

What are you basing this 2000 lower limit on anyway? Which devs release updates that big, and at the quality of WVM?

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
can i ask you some question ?
how is possible for many devs to totally have an update of 1200 renders in only 30 to 40 days,bcs im tryng the best to understand the work in those ,and i can see many devs here that the count doestn mathc up the update or viceversa,like i dont wann say any names,but i play a honeyselect game in particular and the dev do like 1200 to 1500 renders each update and you can see that in the update,and doing that in only 30 to 40 days,so you understand more the job and will be good to know how is the development goes in this case or in any other ,like yours
the quality and effort for renders of each developer for various scenes is different so it's always apples to oranges, there can be 10 renders of the same image with slight changes for one or more dialogue, same with backgrounds, one sex scene can eat up 200 renders for one dev, another might finish it with 10

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
Simply put. A goal is not a quota. A goal is something you strive for, and if you only strive to achieve your current capacity, is the same as discarding the desire to improve. So what the reduction should tell you, is that he retrospectively feels like he overestimated his current ability and scaled it back by 15% as a result. He set a goal for himself which he often didn't reach, so he lowered it to something he could reach (even if not on all days).

Reactions: Mist.

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Simply put. A goal is not a quota. A goal is something you strive for, and if you only strive to achieve your current capacity, is the same as discarding the desire to improve. So what the reduction should tell you, is that he retrospectively feels like he overestimated his current ability and scaled it back by 15% as a result. He set a goal for himself which he often didn't reach, so he lowered it to something he could reach (even if not on all days).
Wait, would that imply he is actually starting to set realistic goals for himself? o_O
Is he finally starting to learn his lesson?!

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
If it's not good enough for ya, why are you playing it? If you're not playing it, why are you here wasting your time on something you don't enjoy anyway?

I love the story and attention to detail. If you don't that's perfectly fine, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you're not the supreme arbiter. Laughing at what other people like just makes you look petty.

Reactions: Mist.

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
Wait, would that imply he is actually starting to set realistic goals for himself? o_O
Is he finally starting to learn his lesson?!
Would it matter to you if he did? Either way it's not fast enough for your liking so you're gonna whine about it like a bored puppy with ADHD.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
yeah. the amount of copium some ppl are huffing is ridiculous. They still believe, after 3 years of the same excuses, that braindead is finally starting to work like a real dev. Can´t wait to see their next defense even if they realize that he´s never going to change as long as he can keep milking ppl.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 633 Votes