jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Quick question, is the dev a native english speaker? The technical aspect of the writing usually looks like a native speaker (or at least has a native speaker proofreader) but I've run into a couple weird grammatical things that make me wonder.
View attachment 3799612
This is the second time I've seen "can" used where "be able to" should be. Or "may" shouldn't be in the sentence (or be "maybe" instead.) Either would work but not both. There was also an instance of a double plural but I don't remember the exact context so its hard to explain what I mean by that.
You don't have to use proper grammar when writing stories, in fact usually you shouldn't use proper grammar. It flows better and is more natural if you don't. Especially if you have characters that you want to have unique dialect, their own way of talking etc.

But I doubt BD does these things on purpose, it's probably his own way of talking bleeding into the text.

Jimmy_Jam

May 1, 2022
I really wonder if at this anyone actually believed that anything would be out today.
Don't be shy, speak up, there is help out there.
I had about 40% hope the first update would drop in the timeframe and about a 10% the 2nd would drop by its time frame. I figured BD had something ready to go and would at least drop the 1st then delay the 2nd one until Oct. or so but I had to much hope in BD's ability lol

Shadow74

Jun 3, 2020
Nothing new in the braindrop front.
Update-release-date-Drop did it again.
Never fails when it comes to not meeting the release date, like clockwork, clockworkdrop I mean :ROFLMAO:

In this life we have three things that are certain:
Death
Taxes
Braindrop not meeting update release date

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023
If there was one single person on this earth that thought BrainDrop would follow his own deadlines (which he has broken many times before) , and thought somehow , some way this would be different...and STILL happily give him money....you derseve to be lied to. Forever and ever and ever.

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah that makes sense. It kinda bugs me that this stuff irritates me because I really disliked the writing and grammar classes in school. My biggest pet peeve is that for some linguistic reason unknown to me, translating from a certain language (not sure which) causes mixed up pronouns and determiners. "This" where "that" should be or vice versa, and sometimes when there are both men and women as subject/objects they get gender pronouns mixed up. But why do I care? I'm not a writer. I haven't even used a word processor more complex than Notepad in, well, a long time. Why do I still remember these rules and why do I care when they're broken? :/

But I'm also just posting something other than criticizing the dev for their bad record with releases because I'm looking forward to it's arrival. :D
Should be French (and maybe others) - I remember reading a really detailed explanation on here how the pronoun rules differed.
If I remember right, the pronoun isn't based on the entity it's used on (exclusively?) there, but it's relation to something/one else - so the pronoun used for father changes depending on whose father you talk about or even in which context you talk about that father.

And then you have other languages with other differences resulting in translations like 'Talk to the John'.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Screen_Shot_2024-07-05_at_10.44.29_AM.png

Ok he just needs to have a foot shoved up his ass on this one especially where he says "It won't take me much longer to fix either way." It's been taking him almost 6 months to put out this update and nearly 3 years to get to the point that we're at now. Dude needs to stop the bullshit. :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes