NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
Nobody will track properly that many girls , it's not a matter of hiring help , even if it would likely be better . Unless you give a turn to a different girl each scene , they'll never get proper airtime , and if you do that the progression stops and they all feel irrelevant . It should have been obvious that it's impossible to juggle from the early days of the game , when there were "72 hours" days ingame lol .
Remember the MC having dates with 4-5 girls in a single night , each like at least one hour , while traveling from one location the next , even taking walks with family members ... or right in the midst of moving houses ? That's exactly what having so many in a harem does to your game .

The "big harem power fantasy" that do it right (like again , but mostly because fresh for me , "The long Road Home") still got less people within the game , and add those characters at a more controlled pace . Meaning you can actually name everyone and eventually care about them , or at least remember them . Yet even those good games suffer at times , from their MC having some weirdly intense "CEO/Mayor of a city" schedule
Bro you’re actually spitting facts especially with long road home shout. I was thinking the same thing like adding new girls at a controlled pace to keep the story following better. Ya what BD has done with it is wrong way of going about it. But yah idk if he‘ll ever fix or try and solve the problem at this point.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
normally every dev has the story written to the very end at least in a raw form,but i remember him telling once at the very beginning that he was overhelmed from the success in the first place and i think he never had a written storyline for WVM in the first place.
now it is simple impossible to write a storyline in advance for every character he had thrown in the game.
i think he thinks up the story with every update that is coming,and that is probably why he has now problems finishing the end of episode 13.
the guy is just to blinded to see it himself.
That is what Devs should do, the reality is I doubt most Devs actually have a storyline from start to end already pre-written. I mean you can see clearly all over this site games that are started and seem to go nowhere for years, just keeping their games alive unfinished to milk them infinitely, until they finally decide to move on and typically abandon them.

Even those not outright trying to make games to milk money, so many of them seem to just all but death spiral until abandoned or completed, it has been personally my peeve for ages with the games here, likely why even the decent Devs ends up so often abandoning their games, because they couldn't be assed to create a clear storyline from start to finish and they just end up losing track, followed by losing interest in it, and finally just abandonment.

Also many that do finish their stories just basically reach the point of losing interest and just shit out an ending for completion sake, no matter how much it doesn't really work out because they leave story threads unfinished, giving a feeling of unsatisfaction due to those endings lacking closure for many elements of the story.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
That is what Devs should do, the reality is I doubt most Devs actually have a storyline from start to end already pre-written. I mean you can see clearly all over this site games that are started and seem to go nowhere for years, just keeping their games alive unfinished to milk them infinitely, until they finally decide to move on and typically abandon them.

Even those not outright trying to make games to milk money, so many of them seem to just all but death spiral until abandoned or completed, it has been personally my peeve for ages with the games here, likely why even the decent Devs ends up so often abandoning their games, because they couldn't be assed to create a clear storyline from start to finish and they just end up losing track, followed by losing interest in it, and finally just abandonment.

Also many that do finish their stories just basically reach the point of losing interest and just shit out an ending for completion sake, no matter how much it doesn't really work out because they leave story threads unfinished, giving a feeling of unsatisfaction due to those endings lacking closure for many elements of the story.
there are enough devs that have the story ready in a raw form before beginning producing.
there are a few devs here with successful games and they have finished a few projects already.
i do not think that the really good ones have no storyline finished before starting their project.
at least they are ahead with making the story and not thinking of a storyline while making the renders for the next update.

brainshit simply did not excpected WVM to get so popular and that is the only reason he must think of everything in the same time while making the renders.
he had some hints how the "story" should go but thats it.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
very few solo developers have more than a basic outline at any time.
that works for some VNs, not for others. It works for this one since the plot is so secondary.

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
Did BD say he is done? why is everyone pissed off?
Sorry for the bad English, we are upset for the simple reason that the DEV put around 100 characters, they are increasingly adding more so the game will never be finished.

In my opinion, if there were more or less just the mother, adoptive mother, sister, Raquel, girlfriend, childhood friend, 4 Or 6 more characters, the game would already be in the final stretch.

Reactions: shamtiiomi

Homealone

Jun 3, 2017
Sorry for the bad English, we are upset for the simple reason that the DEV put around 100 characters, they are increasingly adding more so the game will never be finished.

In my opinion, if there were more or less just the mother, adoptive mother, sister, Raquel, girlfriend, childhood friend, 4 Or 6 more characters, the game would already be in the final stretch.
I understand your frustration.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
very few solo developers have more than a basic outline at any time.
that works for some VNs, not for others. It works for this one since the plot is so secondary.
Even Dev's who have a script they work off of tend to add more stuff and flesh things out more as they go along. My game is based off of a screen play I wrote 25 years ago, just modified to an AVN. Sometimes as the characters develop their personalities, you realize that the person you planed to have do this thing, actually wouldn't, but this other character would be perfect to do said act. So things always change as you go. Not having a fully fleshed out story isn't the problem here. The problem is that the cast is way to big for one story and to compensate for not being able to handle such a large cast without massive delays, he over promises and then under delivers and/or makes up excuses and lies.

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes