WolfVG

Feb 3, 2021
honestly when a game has been in development for as long as this (6 years?) its not surprising that he wants to go back and change the beginning to look (and read) better, but most *decent* people would do that AFTER they finished developing the game, not in the middle of it....
He's also said that there will be a Season 1 Revamp/Remake to make sense of his idiotic decisions with adding more women for the MC to fuck for really no reason

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Serious question for the lurking devs here... do you guys ever go back and re-render images/scenes as much as he does?

Seems like a massive waste resources/time to keep redoing images. Given his current position with excuses, it makes it look like it's just a stall tactic. He's redone 7 now for this next update, which he straight up counts as added, and has another 21 plan to alter.
Well yeah , he does not even do that , it's just the lie he keeps telling . notice how we never get to see the before/after of those reworks , even as teasers ?

Reactions: mofonistik

Ptah

Jul 28, 2018
My theory is that, like many others, Braindrop started this whole thing as a hobby, unexpectedly found great financial success, and naturally, didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to make a lot of money with relatively little effort. Based on his work ethic and self-motivation to keep his word, I can’t imagine that he had significant success in his career or job before WVM and likely earned only a fraction of what he makes with WVM now.

When it started becoming less and less enjoyable for him, that’s when the over-a-year-long break occurred, during which he didn’t upload anything at all. I also believe this is why the changes (and in my opinion, the deterioration) in the story and visuals happened. It’s as if he tried to reinvent things to find joy in it again. Unfortunately, the break in the middle of the game completely ruined it for me. I liked the old version much better.

Since then, he’s been doing the bare minimum to keep his community paying, which is why he constantly comes up with excuses as to why the updates end up being a fraction of the planned size. Just think about how many updates with 1,000+ renders he promised, which in the end became two updates combined with maybe 600 renders, months apart, as if he never actually had those 1,000+ renders in the first place. The number of renders he supposedly created and must still have stored somewhere but never released must be in the thousands.

But honestly, I’d probably also prefer to do something for an hour a day that I don’t enjoy but still earn five figures a month, rather than working ten hours a day on something I do enjoy but not earning nearly as much.
As other used said, there was NEVER a story here. This entire plot is made on the go, and it shows.
Also, a lot of us, when this project was just starting, told him to slow down the pace because he was pulling insane amounts of updates in really small time, we told him he will got burnt, and he didn't listen.
I even offered myself to help him with the plot, because I was starting to see he got nothing planned and wanted to help him for free, also, didn't listen.
So, as I said, NO, he didn't have a flying fuck planned beforehand, which is basically what any dev should have as first priority. AT LEAST some vague idea were you want the story to go and a timeline.

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020
As other used said, there was NEVER a story here. This entire plot is made on the go, and it shows.
Also, a lot of us, when this project was just starting, told him to slow down the pace because he was pulling insane amounts of updates in really small time, we told him he will got burnt, and he didn't listen.
I even offered myself to help him with the plot, because I was starting to see he got nothing planned and wanted to help him for free, also, didn't listen.
So, as I said, NO, he didn't have a flying fuck planned beforehand, which is basically what any dev should have as first priority. AT LEAST some vague idea were you want the story to go and a timeline.
I agree. The humorless writing feels really thrown together. I've offered to help with some humor for the writing but BD likes to wait until the last minute hoping the magic game fairies will do his work.

Ptah

Jul 28, 2018
And my choice was to blacklist a shit dev. Just like I blacklist authors of books who do that shit. It's not edgy or subversive. It's pissing in our faces and telling us it's raining.
I don't want to antagonize you, but if the death of a LI is enough for you to hate a story, then you have a quite immature taste on storytelling... There's quite, IMO, amazing movies out there like Braveheart, The Crow, Gladiator or John Wick, to name a few, were this happens... Maybe I did not understood your rant...

Reactions: Akabakka and tslojr

Larry1974

Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone
I have a problem with the scene where Willabelle dry humps the MC after he massaged her.
The game crashes there... or is it maybe my problem because I missed the B3 Update?... I started it with my save game from the end of the B2 Update.... so maybe my problem gets solved if I find the B3 Update somewhere?
Maybe someone has still a link to the B3 Update? I would be thankfull. (Sorry if my english is not the best)

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
As long as you consider killing off LI's a good game. Haven't touched his shit since the first game.
Well it moved you , so it clearly was an effective and surprising storytelling move . And you're just ranting about another game than DIK here anyway.

Hell even then let's compare killing one LI in an emotional turn of event ... to frickin' turning an upcoming LI and sex friend , into a family member , and thus cock-blocking you ... after so much teasing . And let's compare this to keeping said unavailable former LI around , and still making it weird with hugs , dialogues and behavior , while still clearly cock-blocking .
One case is an attempt at storytelling , the other is just poor planning and scummy behavior . Guess which is which.

3.70 star(s) 649 Votes