Oct 15, 2017
I tried it. I can fix it. For example

(set:$npc's "race" to "black")
I'm trying it with girls in the bar and it breaks everything, if you change their dislikes likes and traits it will accept it but then when you ask about her its horribly bugged and I'm not sure how to get it working properly. it seems to not like drinks as actual strings rather than a temp variable but if you input it as a temp variable it doesnt like it either.

specifically traits seem to bug it, "The string "feminist,rich,bitch,pill" isn't the same type of data as an array (with the string "drink type")I tried to perform an operation on some data, but the data's type was incorrect. "

FeynAhSil

Jan 2, 2021
I'm trying it with girls in the bar and it breaks everything, if you change their dislikes likes and traits it will accept it but then when you ask about her its horribly bugged and I'm not sure how to get it working properly. it seems to not like drinks as actual strings rather than a temp variable but if you input it as a temp variable it doesnt like it either.

specifically traits seem to bug it, "The string "feminist,rich,bitch,pill" isn't the same type of data as an array (with the string "drink type")I tried to perform an operation on some data, but the data's type was incorrect. "
I looked at them and they were all controlled on these topics, but it seemed to have something to do with "topics"
Most likely, the function was defined in the first place, so you may have to reactivate it after you modify it.
$purchase controls the type of current drink, $npc's "likes" controls the drinks and actions girls like, and $npc's "dislikes" controls the drinks and actions they don't like. Controlling likes individually is fine, but designing multiple strings makes it so.

(set:$npc's "likes" to (ds:"whisky","doggystyle","rough sex"))

Last edited:

Culex

Oct 19, 2017
Is there a console command for editing your "milking" XP? Right now this looks like a real grind.

Featherine

Jun 20, 2019
How is the relationship content in the game as of today? Are there any plans to do marriage content? I'm thinking a combination of Newlife and Lifeplay in how they do marriage in general. (Even better if there's also non-con content!)

fzonedout

Dec 10, 2019
Likely in a few days. There are still some active bugs I am investigating and 2 more scenes being added. It will be before Oct 29 as I have surgery that day and want to get it out before that.
l1lym I hope you meant Sep 29 instead of Oct 29 lol

This game's a gem and I hope you're able to carry out your vision to fruition.

Also, hope your surgery goes well!

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
l1lym I hope you meant Sep 29 instead of Oct 29 lol

This game's a gem and I hope you're able to carry out your vision to fruition.

Also, hope your surgery goes well!
ah yes i mean september lol

This, probably the only thing keeping this game from beating games such as Newlife and others its the need of relationships and focusing in adding more types of characters that are not all saying the same thing, in new life they have multiple kind of personalities for each kind of male character and based on that they have events and scenes, also anal sex should be added soon too haha. I would fund this game immediatly if they changed the focus of the game into those aspects.
It is a focus, but XCL is much earlier in development than mature games such as newlife, so many of the core systems are still coming into place.

Relationships and different types of NPCs are definitely on the horizon / roadmap. But it's not something that can happen overnight :)

Here are some details about how the relationship tracking works under the hood:

When I start opening up the city map, there will be a proper dating system. But everything comes in its due time :)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017
I looked at them and they were all controlled on these topics, but it seemed to have something to do with "topics"
Most likely, the function was defined in the first place, so you may have to reactivate it after you modify it.
$purchase controls the type of current drink, $npc's "likes" controls the drinks and actions girls like, and $npc's "dislikes" controls the drinks and actions they don't like. Controlling likes individually is fine, but designing multiple strings makes it so.

(set:$npc's "likes" to (ds:"whisky","doggystyle","rough sex"))
I have no clue, even if I dont touch the likes or dislikes and only touch traits it still breaks the talking ask about her text, it gives you all possible replies and no idea why

toguruodo

Feb 14, 2018
Not sure which key has to be used to open the npc editor window - has something changed?
Nothing is working - neither "L" nor "~" nor "`" (using foreign keyboard on a MAC)
The choice of "`" char to open the npc/character popup is really bad for foreign keyboards and a MAC: it does not work (also not by using u+0060). I got it to work by having switched to a physical US keyboard.
Was there a specific reason to replace "L" (was it in v0.17?)?

Jun 2, 2017
I still think that the female npcs at the bar that you've made angry as a male should interact with the female version of you since they shouldn't know that it IS you. They should still "girl talk" with you and should have a part in that content where they warn you about your male self... that, and the possibility of one of those girls approaching you when you're far enough into the game and telling you that she's pregnant with your child(ren).

Reactions: hp_surfer

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
The choice of "`" char to open the npc/character popup is really bad for foreign keyboards and a MAC: it does not work (also not by using u+0060). I got it to work by having switched to a physical US keyboard.
Was there a specific reason to replace "L" (was it in v0.17?)?
Yes, it was changed from L due to the typing in the secretary game as it would often conflict
I still think that the female npcs at the bar that you've made angry as a male should interact with the female version of you since they shouldn't know that it IS you.
You are right, this is an oversight currently and will eventually be fixed.

Oct 15, 2017
I was thinking if we are going to have random gen female npc's and presumably pc sex with them with the actual scenes being generic or ai created would it not be a good idea to stretch that system over to the pc and let pc play a randomized/customised ai woman? Personally the actual videos aren't the best part of scenes to me but the semi randomised text that is based on the personality traits. even if many prefer the consistent female scenes vs a custom ai art girl if the system is already there why not yk. You could even let players play as the secretary or any other pill girl outside of the set scenes by like slotting them into the generic system, I dunno I feel like if its meant to end up as an expansive platform having skeleton characters as well as fully fleshed ones aint a bad shout, food for thought.

On the note of sex text when at home you need to fail an interaction to get most of the text vs succeeding and getting less. you also seem to get text you cant otherwise get during first time transaction sex when choosing to roll dice vs minigame, popping up as the bar fills up. I wish both these text popups where universal and didnt require failure.

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
I still think that the female npcs at the bar that you've made angry as a male should interact with the female version of you since they shouldn't know that it IS you. They should still "girl talk" with you and should have a part in that content where they warn you about your male self... that, and the possibility of one of those girls approaching you when you're far enough into the game and telling you that she's pregnant with your child(ren).
Or be able to talk yourself up, get the angry girl to forgive your male self. "He's not THAT bad of a guy, of course he came inside isn't that how nature intended for to to do it?" Gas lighty stuff like that or sincere "He talked to me and he really regrets doing that to you."

Culex

Oct 19, 2017
ah yes i mean september lol

It is a focus, but XCL is much earlier in development than mature games such as newlife, so many of the core systems are still coming into place.

Relationships and different types of NPCs are definitely on the horizon / roadmap. But it's not something that can happen overnight :)

Here are some details about how the relationship tracking works under the hood:

When I start opening up the city map, there will be a proper dating system. But everything comes in its due time :)
Can the relationship values be edited via the console? I've looked at the $npc values but I can't see anything for friendship, attraction etc.

Reactions: l1lym

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Public build will be released on thursday! Writing a new sex scene and making a few last improvements, on track to be completed very soon...
what's the difference between the public build and the normal build ??

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Can the relationship values be edited via the console? I've looked at the $npc values but I can't see anything for friendship, attraction etc.
Yes; it is in the $relationships variable.

There is no 'public build' and 'normal build'. Public build just means that the backer playtest is over and the newest build gets released to non-backers as well.
That’s right, subscribers do get to “try out” all the new features first but it is when they are often quite buggy and need balancing. It works well because subscribers get a lot of input, and then it benefits everyone when the release is made public because when most people play it the majority of bugs will have been squashed.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes