Jan 22, 2022
Here's an example as well:
Might be worth writing how to create an array in Harlowe syntax on this page. Took me a bit of digging to figure out it was (set: $npc's "alternate names" to (a: "...","...")) for alternate names, for instance.

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
Could really need some variation of the pill selling demonstrations. Aiming for 2-3 different scenes per type of pill would go a long way from keeping it feel stale.
While I hope it does get that way officially, we do have a mod that helps give new demos for the instagirl basic and max, dumb bitch and I believe ready maid

cumthos

May 26, 2018
Is there currently any way to get a girl to forgive you if you came inside her and she doesn't use birth control?
I suspect the answer is "no" and have been working under that assumption for most of my time playing, but recently my character's female self had a conversation with one of the girls who told her something along the lines of how she loved making guys panic by telling them she was not on the Pill after they came in her. It just seems to me that mindset like that seems rather incongruent with someone who also hates a guy forever for cumming in her once.
You can try using pick-up lines in the bar and inviting them to the club to build up friendship points when you dance.

cumthos

May 26, 2018
I very quickly and deliberately fed Bruce a Breeder pill, fucked Bree and, according to the dialogue, certainly impregnated her. According to the rules as stated by the game, this should mean that Bruce is now permanently Bree and thus should no longer be an issue.
Its the Xtra Strength that becomes permanent when pregnant not Breeder.

Yet my character's female self just spoke with one of the bar-girls, only for the conversation to reveal that girl to be fucking Bruce. Is this intended behavior - as in, do I need to get rid of Bruce again - or a bug?
No need to get rid of Bruce again. If you still pass the attraction tests at the Bar, just invite to fuck and give at least three orgasms. Not sure if intended, bug or oversight though.

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
Its the Xtra Strength that becomes permanent when pregnant not Breeder.
Hm. I was under the impression that the in-universe lore stated that getting pregnant under the influence of any X-Change pill would make it permanent. From the game settings on "pregnancy permanence":
1704983018716.png

No need to get rid of Bruce again. If you still pass the attraction tests at the Bar, just invite to fuck and give at least three orgasms. Not sure if intended, bug or oversight though.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't have any difficulty getting any of the girls to accept invitations, my character pretty much has the pick of the litter in that regard. My issue is not that my character can't compete and succeed against Bruce, but that I personally find it disturbing to be explicitly told that the girls are having sex with other guys. Obviously I know that it's implied that they do so with or without Bruce's presence and that's probably what they're doing at the bar in the first place, but... yeah, just a personal preference that I'd like Bruce to stay gone. Or come back as Bree, I'd be okay with that, too.

EDIT:
You can try using pick-up lines in the bar and inviting them to the club to build up friendship points when you dance.
I'm mostly confident from older versions that you can't even talk to them at the bar if they hate you for having cummed in them without birth control. I'll admit I haven't had my character earn anyone's ire this playthrough to test it with, but I'd assume they won't accept an invitation to the club either. Or is going clubbing the secret to earning their forgiveness somehow?

Jim Mann

Jul 24, 2018
I'm mostly confident from older versions that you can't even talk to them at the bar if they hate you for having cummed in them without birth control. I'll admit I haven't had my character earn anyone's ire this playthrough to test it with, but I'd assume they won't accept an invitation to the club either. Or is going clubbing the secret to earning their forgiveness somehow?
They won't accept a club invite right away. But you can talk to them in the bar. They won't sleep with you but if you rebuild the relationship a bit via favorite drinks and pickup lines then you can invite them to the club. It's a bit of a process.

Reactions: cumthos

cumthos

May 26, 2018
Hm. I was under the impression that the in-universe lore stated that getting pregnant under the influence of any X-Change pill would make it permanent. From the game settings on "pregnancy permanence":
View attachment 3252000
I wasn't aware of this, I was referring to the info given in the X-Change pharmacy.

I believe it is a recent addition/development to still be able to talk to Bar Girls if they get angry after you cum in them. Like Jim Mann already said, improve the relationship at the Bar then you'll be able to club with and then bang again later

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
View attachment 3252000
I wasn't aware of this, I was referring to the info given in the X-Change pharmacy.
My fault for causing the confusion here - I should distinguish between "X-Change Pill Subreddit" lore (which I actually mod maintain the wiki for lol) and the lore as it had to be modified in the game. Pregnancy permanence is a fixture of X-Change captions and stories, which all have shorter payoffs and don't have the burden of needing to have interesting gameplay mechanics.

For the upcoming Cum-Cure pill, I've made a couple modifications to the lore as well - drinking cum while on that pill will only decrease your pill timer (based on the size of the load!) rather than instantly ending it.

I'm looking to eventually incorporate the resistance pill as well, in the subreddit lore, it changes you permanently when you orgasm. But in game, the resistance would just be a cheaper Plus pill! Players have no good in-game reason to resist the transformation, so the "spirit" of the Resistance pill will need to be achieved through other means, such as side effects from too many orgasms etc.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't have any difficulty getting any of the girls to accept invitations, my character pretty much has the pick of the litter in that regard. My issue is not that my character can't compete and succeed against Bruce, but that I personally find it disturbing to be explicitly told that the girls are having sex with other guys. Obviously I know that it's implied that they do so with or without Bruce's presence and that's probably what they're doing at the bar in the first place, but... yeah, just a personal preference that I'd like Bruce to stay gone. Or come back as Bree, I'd be okay with that, too.
I do really understand that, but unfortunately Bruce is required as an antagonist for the next story bit which is coming very soon. Eventually though in story you'll be able to deal with him for good...

But you can go in console and put in (set:$bruce's "pill timer" to 9999999999), then you'll never see him again in this lifetime!

Last edited:
Reactions: weirdlittlefella

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
But you can go in console and put in (set:$bruce's "pill timer" to 9999999999), then you'll never see him again in this lifetime!
You can try, but good old Bruce is the Chuck Norris of the X-Change world... he's always going to come back!

Corvo2127

Aug 15, 2017
I wanted to ask if there was any way to make it so that male NPC's can only spawn as bads or Nerds and to edit dick type spawns? I've seen the tutorial on editing Npc stats but I was really hoping for something that could change ore at least influence how NPCs show up as a whole. If not yet I'm happy to wait for an update. Keep up the great work!

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I wanted to ask if there was any way to make it so that male NPC's can only spawn as bads or Nerds and to edit dick type spawns? I've seen the tutorial on editing Npc stats but I was really hoping for something that could change ore at least influence how NPCs show up as a whole. If not yet I'm happy to wait for an update. Keep up the great work!
You can turn on the cheats "everyone wants to breed you", and all NPCs will suddenly have massive balls and they'll mostly want to cum inside you! But other than that there aren't too many global settings. However you can influence who shows up by what you wear, for instance if you wear cosplay type stuff, more nerds etc will end up approaching you.

I think there are mods that have more modifiers, but I would need to check...

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
There are some ways! You can decode the save file and edit them (the save data is in UTF-16 Little Endian) or you can modify the browser storage directly (I hear)... but the idea behind achievements is to give players a sense of accomplishment for doing things using the game's mechanics.

Using mods also won't trigger the cheating flag, so you can always download mods that make things easier...

Tosted

Mar 25, 2020
Holy shit, it took me a minute to figure it out... but that Bubba Zipple song. Isn't that from that weird old national geographic children's doc series? With the aliens, lmao omg my childhood. Those tapes never left my VCR as a kid
Hearing that song at the vending machine BLEW my mind and for the longest time I wasn't even sure why.

Uhm. If you have no clue what I'm talking about and I sound like a crazy person then carry on I guess lol

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Holy shit, it took me a minute to figure it out... but that Bubba Zipple song. Isn't that from that weird old national geographic children's doc series? With the aliens, lmao omg my childhood. Those tapes never left my VCR as a kid
Hearing that song at the vending machine BLEW my mind and for the longest time I wasn't even sure why.

Uhm. If you have no clue what I'm talking about and I sound like a crazy person then carry on I guess lol
YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO RECOGNIZE IT!!!

My mind has been cursed with that song since childhood and this was my version of therapy lol

I even paid someone $200 to redo the logo as an SVG based on the show!

Idk for some freaking reason that specific song has stuck in my stupid brain for 20 years and I wanted to put it to rest

Last edited:

Tosted

Mar 25, 2020
YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO RECOGNIZE IT!!!

My mind has been cursed with that song since childhood and this was my version of therapy lol

I even paid someone $200 to redo the logo as an SVG based on the show!

Idk for some freaking reason that specific song has stuck in my stupid brain for 20 years and I wanted to put it to rest
Oh my God thank you for the link. I remember several years ago trying to find it online and I couldn't (I didn't try very hard to be fair... and I think it was like at least a decade ago). What a wild reference lmao, I'm gonna try giving that video a watch when I get a chance for the nuclear grade nostalgia.
I appreciate the dedication to your craft, Aphrodite :alien:, you're killing it with X-Change Life!

MonstruodellagoJess

Jul 19, 2022
Hello, I just downloaded the game and I see that there are several characters, could you tell me who would be the most optimal character? (that is, the one with the most and best content) download a mod called littleBlondeBigCity, I don't know if it has less content or if it is better to play the base game first

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes