Grony

Nov 28, 2020
Great game!

This version 0.20 is the first where I am getting errors though. I upgraded from 0.19 to 0.20, so maybe something went wrong there. All I did though was to overwrite into the appropriate directory, and most of the game works just fine.

Two errors:

1. On hitting the little money icon for rent, I get no choice of amount - $300 gets taken and the following errors appear:

"transfer initiate" isn't valid Harlowe syntax for the inside of a macro call.

This is reproducible.

2. Likewise, at Mutatio in the Mall, when I hit "Cock Enhancement", I get:

Essence Available: 40
Please use the (set:) macro with just single variables and typed variables to the left of 'to'. +3 length Please use the (set:) macro with just single variables and typed variables to the left of 'to'. +2 girth Please use the (set:) macro with just single variables and typed variables to the left of 'to'.+3 balls size
A modest improvement, but never give up!

The smilies in that text are : followed by ) actually.

Furthermore, the supposed improvement does not actually stick (characters has a 9/10, 10/10, 9/10 cock before and after). Again, this is entirely reproducible.

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Great game!

This version 0.20 is the first where I am getting errors though. I upgraded from 0.19 to 0.20, so maybe something went wrong there. All I did though was to overwrite into the appropriate directory, and most of the game works just fine.

Two errors:

1. On hitting the little money icon for rent, I get no choice of amount - $300 gets taken and the following errors appear:

This is reproducible.

2. Likewise, at Mutatio in the Mall, when I hit "Cock Enhancement", I get:

Essence Available: 40
Please use the (set:) macro with just single variables and typed variables to the left of 'to'. +3 length Please use the (set:) macro with just single variables and typed variables to the left of 'to'. +2 girth Please use the (set:) macro with just single variables and typed variables to the left of 'to'.+3 balls size
A modest improvement, but never give up!

The smilies in that text are : followed by ) actually.

Furthermore, the supposed improvement does not actually stick (characters has a 9/10, 10/10, 9/10 cock before and after). Again, this is entirely reproducible.
Sorry about those errors - they are now fixed - you can pick up the html patch from the Pixeldrain link

LynxLinks

Nov 29, 2021
Sorry about those errors - they are now fixed - you can pick up the html patch from the Pixeldrain link
Thanks for the quick turn around on these errors and congrats on the update in general! The office secretary job reminded me of a story on FictionMania called 'All or Nothing' (authored by Trisha), not a huge fan of the site in general but that story ticked the right boxes. I wonder if you would consider having an office based antagonist?

Nauticalius

Nov 6, 2018
Yes you can get pregnant if you are on X-Change under the layer of your secretary pill and you get creampied as a secretary… I think. I will need to confirm that. Typically knockoff pills do not support pregnancy, in the game universe making a pill where the taker can undergo pregnancy is a very hard thing to achieve
Pretty sure this isn't the case. I got spiked with a breeder, ID'd it and it had a 65% preg chance in the tooltip.

Go work as a secretary; now the tooltip says 0% chance.

This might just be visual, but I tried a couple of times to see if I could get an actual pregnancy; it definitely didn't seem like it was still 65%...

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Pretty sure this isn't the case. I got spiked with a breeder, ID'd it and it had a 65% preg chance in the tooltip.

Go work as a secretary; now the tooltip says 0% chance.

This might just be visual, but I tried a couple of times to see if I could get an actual pregnancy; it definitely didn't seem like it was still 65%...
Ok… I will check on that, you may be right. I had just always assumed it was possible but it may be that the game disallows pregnancy when on a temporary pill

Reactions: Nauticalius

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the quick turn around on these errors and congrats on the update in general! The office secretary job reminded me of a story on FictionMania called 'All or Nothing' (authored by Trisha), not a huge fan of the site in general but that story ticked the right boxes. I wonder if you would consider having an office based antagonist?
Oh definitely an antagonist. Actually many people on the discord have “Jayden” as their prime antagonist, he’s one of the office NPCs who is just an absolute a hole haha

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Movie question here;
Do movies automatically return to the store once you watched them?
Is there a way to filter out movies you already watched?
Add to that, do you get the same bonus if you rewatch a movie?

(And yes, I must need new glasses because I'm sure its explained somewhere.)

Funny thing is I'm recalling the movie 'Scream' and wonder if one day we're going to get a Easter egg where your step-sis acts out some famous scene from some exotic movie.

Reactions: l1lym

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Movie question here;
Do movies automatically return to the store once you watched them?
Is there a way to filter out movies you already watched?
Add to that, do you get the same bonus if you rewatch a movie?

(And yes, I must need new glasses because I'm sure its explained somewhere.)

Funny thing is I'm recalling the movie 'Scream' and wonder if one day we're going to get a Easter egg where your step-sis acts out some famous scene from some exotic movie.
I need to add a filter… and yes currently movies auto return themselves

I do plan to add some Easter eggs and unique dialogue for more movies!

Reactions: TheFamilyDog

CrusadeX

Jul 31, 2020
hey! good to see you are making more progress on this exciting game!
I updated the game to 0.20 successfully, but the hotfix 20.2 from Pixeldrain spikes(lol) up the windows defender and removes it just after download finish. :O

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Oh I’m sure there will come a day when the modders will pass me and I look forward to that day! I do have a story planned out but I see it as a luxury to work on it and I will do it once the main mechanics are in.

My goal is for it to be a platform where people can tweak or add on or remove whatever they want; it’s a lot easier to tweak XCL than to start a game from scratch.
High priority: Getting 10 different flavors of handbags that tweak some invisible number in some invisible formula
Low priority: Meaningful narrative, protagonist personality motivation & progression, consequential choices, gameplay & narrative integration

That's a bit glib, but does neatly encapsulate why this game and it's direction is just not appealing to me, personally. That doesn't mean it's "bad" - I don't like Skyrim either, for some of the same reasons, but Skyrim has certainly made Bethesda a boatload of money.

somenew23

Apr 13, 2022
Online version :After motel scene with alexia when i dance with her another day , when she wants to go motel the button of going to motel had macros somethung error and inly choice is "not this time " button or "another time" i don't remember clearly so sadly alexia has only 2 scenes in motel for me without repeats , i waited scenes with her about a half year minimum

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
High priority: Getting 10 different flavors of handbags that tweak some invisible number in some invisible formula
Low priority: Meaningful narrative, protagonist personality motivation & progression, consequential choices, gameplay & narrative integration

That's a bit glib, but does neatly encapsulate why this game and it's direction is just not appealing to me, personally. That doesn't mean it's "bad" - I don't like Skyrim either, for some of the same reasons, but Skyrim has certainly made Bethesda a boatload of money.
You’re definitely welcome to your opinion but for instance this update includes about 200k words of scenes, as well as gameplay systems to link actions to player motivations. I do understand where you are coming from about the game seeming to prioritize “sandbox” content over story / narrative content but my game is intended to be an RPG for the player to fantasize in first and foremost rather than a Ren’Py story / VN type of thing.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
That makes me happy, but also sad since I won't be docked with some crazy late charge and force to work in the video store dressed-up in some sexy latex bodysuit to pay it off. -lol-
Don’t start giving me ideas!!!

• Haha

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Online version :After motel scene with alexia when i dance with her another day , when she wants to go motel the button of going to motel had macros somethung error and inly choice is "not this time " button or "another time" i don't remember clearly so sadly alexia has only 2 scenes in motel for me without repeats , i waited scenes with her about a half year minimum
I thought I had solved that error… let me check

she has 1 sex scene that is not replayable (because it deals with her mentally coming to terms with banging her stepbro lol - wouldn’t make sense multiple times) and then the 2nd scene should be repeatable (it has 10 versions)

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes