l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
is there an option to play without the mini games during sex scenes?
Yes, in the cheats menu, you can switch on "Skippable Minigames", which will let you auto succeed or auto fail any minigame you want and skip the actual gameplay. Separately there is the stat roll option for those wanting a less cheat-y experience.
i checked and the "missing" track was there, so I suspect it was caused by an imported save from 0.16b before the hotfix
started a new game and everything seems fine (for now)
Yeah, I did find one more missing audio track in that scene, so I will be releasing one more hotfix soon. But I am working with some other big issues with the updated Harlowe save system that are giving me nightmares. Now Harlowe often stores big variables as indexes to locations in the html - and thus when the html changes, the index references get broken! Horrible for backwards compatibility. However if you do some finagling in the variable definition you can convince Harlowe to store the actual variable data in your save, so that's what I'm trying to get it to do.

We'll see how it works overall, but I expect older saves will not be fully compatible with newer versions of the game, until the next hotfix.

45 seconds for one section of a mini-game seems a bit silly
Yeah, probably over the top lol. Often times those timers are set by variables so harder segments get set longer. But I should cap it so players don't get super hyper marathon minigames. Unless that's what they want! Maybe I'll have a global time limit setting.

When I play my own game I'm a bit of a masochist, I like super long, grueling, hard to win minigames. But I shouldn't go and project that onto everyone else

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I have now updated the hotfix .html for the game which should fix a lot of the last few bugs with this release.

Unfortunately, XCL saves from before 15 September are not compatible with the hotfix version. This is due to a problematic change in how the Harlowe engine saves variables that I have now implemented a workaround for - but older saves will not work with this newer version and will produce errors. So if you are emotionally attached to your older saves, perhaps wait to upgrade.

ElleMarie99

Oct 29, 2020
Some of the images while appearing in folder, in game appear as broken links. Hot and ready, and good girl max are currently the ones that won't show up regardless which browser I use

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
Some of the images while appearing in folder, in game appear as broken links. Hot and ready, and good girl max are currently the ones that won't show up regardless which browser I use
Nvm I think you have to (re)download the 0.16->0.16b patch in the 1st page and not just the 0.16 version

Last edited:
Reactions: l1lym

ElleMarie99

Oct 29, 2020
Nvm I think you have to (re)download the 0.16->0.16b patch in the 1st page and not just the 0.16 version
Okay, that was the problem... I had downloaded the 16b patch is why I looked in the files and found all the scenes etc, but they just wouldn't show. Downloading the 16>16b so far seems to fix it

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Okay, that was the problem... I had downloaded the 16b patch is why I looked in the files and found all the scenes etc, but they just wouldn't show. Downloading the 16>16b so far seems to fix it
Once I achieve a totally stable build, I'll try releasing the entire package together along with all the latest patches. Also, if you download via the RPDL torrent, they have patched everything and put all the correct files together.

EricaHijinks

Apr 30, 2022
For Dredd card game, is this consider as bug?

before it can continue to gamble to make you go on debt and work for pay back, but now it seems like no other money show to bet

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
For Dredd card game, is this consider as bug?

before it can continue to gamble to make you go on debt and work for pay back, but now it seems like no other money show to bet
Hmm ok I'll check that out, haven't seen that before.

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
New pill demo is pretty cool. Hope we get more stuff like that. Though I still don't know what triggers the scenes in the other demos instead of going straight to the sale
Or even what gives you the option to do the demo in the first place. Sometimes it just sells the pills at the job.

krakjen

Aug 21, 2017
l1lym
Options doesn't seem to stick with the new version.
For example, Skippable minigames or Age of NPCs seems to reset on load.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
l1lym
Options doesn't seem to stick with the new version.
For example, Skippable minigames or Age of NPCs seems to reset on load.
Hmm, I'll need to check that out. Note that these are just variables so if you load a save where they were set differently, the save's settings will override them. Same with the audio settings. I am looking for ways to store these settings outside of saves though.

krakjen

Aug 21, 2017
Hmm, I'll need to check that out. Note that these are just variables so if you load a save where they were set differently, the save's settings will override them. Same with the audio settings. I am looking for ways to store these settings outside of saves though.
That's what I assumed but there is something funky happening.

I set up the settings, save and reload and they get reset.
I also tried going to the next day before saving, same thing.
It seems like they go back to default values on load.

I'm playing on firefox, in case it could be related.

UMebius

Aug 14, 2018
Yea some scenes are still missing pictures despite using the hotfix.
Like the lemonade scene .

Last edited:

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Yea some scenes are still missing pictures despite using the hotfix.
Like the lemonade scene .
If you're playing offline, can you check that you have the pictures in the directory?

I did find in the online version, that my web server was missing some of the pictures and I have re-uploaded them.

UMebius

Aug 14, 2018
If you're playing offline, can you check that you have the pictures in the directory?

I did find in the online version, that my web server was missing some of the pictures and I have re-uploaded them.
I'm sorry I was using the html replacement hotfix with original 0.16 from the first page. I'm trying to download the 0.16b Hotfix 2 through torrent released by Daxter above but there's no seed so... Maybe I gotta wait and see.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I'm sorry I was using the html replacement hotfix with original 0.16 from the first page. I'm trying to download the 0.16b Hotfix 2 through torrent released by Daxter above but there's no seed so... Maybe I gotta wait and see.
One thing about RPDL torrents is you get much better luck downloading the .torrent instead of using the magnet link

uiosi

Aug 4, 2019
Must say i'm inpressed how well it plays. Sceens are super hot... I would like to have more stepsis action... I realy hate how sanety is realy hard to gain back almost inposible. Othervise great game. Must say it plays a lot better then most html based ones. i hate scrolling and random sounds not working...
Hope you continue to add stuf to it will definitly play more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: l1lym
4.60 star(s) 87 Votes