l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Could you roll the 'Blacked' mod into the base game? It's pretty good!
It's an amazing mod but it will probably stay a mod, at least for now, since it adds about 3gb of space, and not all actresses can work with it yet. I have a similar feeling with the super top quality character mods and bar girls like the alex one... I really like them, but I feel like they are better as mods / dlc. Maybe a good approach would be to offer a pre-modded game hosted on the site, where download size would not be affected.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I mean I cut it by almost 70%, the uncompressed is over 8GB.
Yeah, there is only so much that can be done. All videos and audio are already optimized to roughly 1000-1500 kbps, any further compression will seriously reduce quality. This game has more video clips than any other game I think.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yeah, there is only so much that can be done. All videos and audio are already optimized to roughly 1000-1500 kbps, any further compression will seriously reduce quality. This game has more video clips than any other game I think.
Not even close, seen and done way WAY more.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Not even close, seen and done way WAY more.
Like?

In terms of total # of mins of video, XCL has over 9 hours of video over about 2.4k clips. Whereas the biggest other one I'm aware of, Girl Life, has like under 3 hours. But I do think Girl Life wins in # of media files, but much less in the amount of total pixels to push). Then of course there is the consideration of audio which is harder to compress without perceivable reduction in quality, and I think XCL is at 3k audio files.

Last edited:

Dragul17

Aug 12, 2018
Why does saying increasing the revenue when the companies are worried about the state of the company drop their percentage. Especially when their revenue is the lowest. Make this make sense

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
What's the example job title and product? There are certain products that fit certain jobs and if they don't fit well it won't be seen as a way to boost their revenue.

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
I think that is a bug - any chance you could send me your save file?
I've had the same thing happen a number of times, but just thought i was doing something wrong. And then I stop worrying about my Rep and started working on my up sales numbers by keeping the boys happy. Because stat wise, I wasn't going to sell anything with the normal sales route. Now just seeing how long I can ride this puppy, poor girl been on Resistance over a week now.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I've had the same thing happen a number of times, but just thought i was doing something wrong. And then I stop worrying about my Rep and started working on my up sales numbers by keeping the boys happy. Because stat wise, I wasn't going to sell anything with the normal sales route. Now just seeing how long I can ride this puppy, poor girl been on Resistance over a week now.
Yeah that is definitely a bug... I will try to fix it in the bugfix build coming out soon.

Speaking of which, I've been working on the game's color palettes - using CSS variables instead of scanning the whole page and setting individual element styles, haha... much more efficient. Also adding the ability for mods to add their own color schemes.

View attachment palettes.webm

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Hmm that would mean something glitched out and the patch was not installed correctly by merging it over the existing files of .20

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
It seems to be missing some of the JavaScript files it needs. I would recommend redownloading because something has caused the files to be incomplete

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Could be your browser is blocking the javascript, my only other guess. Does the online version work for you?

Oct 1, 2023
Why does saying increasing the revenue when the companies are worried about the state of the company drop their percentage. Especially when their revenue is the lowest. Make this make sense
Talking about increasing their business revenue is a pure Intelligence check regardless of their current revenue. It's the "revitalize business" one that works well when their business is declining.

frodoandbilb

Mar 5, 2019
online version works, my browser shouldnt be stoping browser scripts. i am very confused by the choice to redirect to youtube as well, wondering if someone altered that code to do so

4.60 star(s) 94 Votes