Tlakkua

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I want to be clear, I appreciate the fuck out of developers allowing us plebes to play their games for free. I only intended my original post to be constructive.
Hello dumpsterb4by, we understood what you wrote as a constructive feedback. Thanks to you we learned about the bug, which we are working on. Thank you again for the kind words. You will be warned with a private message when we will resolve the bug on MAC.

Traducción al Español - v0.01

Como siempre, hay que descargar este archivo, extraer la carpeta 'game' y pegarla en la que tengáis instalado el juego, reemplazando todos los archivos cuando os pregunte. Para cambiar de idioma hay que entrar en el menú Preferences

---

Spanish Translation - v0.01

As always, download this patch, extract the 'game' folder and copypaste it wherever you have installed the game, replacing all when asked. A changing language option will appear in the Preferences menu
Wow moskyx, we are amazed by your help and we'll take into account your suggestions. Grazie :love:

I just got done completing Episode 1.

VERY GOOD.

I was pleasantly surprised. Very well written. I particularly like HOW the story was told, shifting perspective (that's all I'll say - spoiler free).

I also loved the use of literary quotes in the transitions. Very well paced. Artistically well done.

I am very much looking forward to more.

I'll see you on Patreon, Tlakkua!!!
Hello Roelandt, your words fuel our reactors :coffee::coffee:. Thanks!

Hm... not bad, but it's really hard to read sometimes! Text box should be less transparent I think.
Hello Higurashika, you are not the only one that noticed this. In the next update we'll make the text box less transparent to augment contrast. Bye!

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Wow moskyx, we are amazed by your help and we'll take into account your suggestions. Grazie :love:
Glad you like it, I really enjoyed doing it and caught some other cool references I missed while playing. Just a couple of things: I had to edit several script files to make them fully translatable, you can take a look at the ones I include in my patch and see the minor differences which basically consist in adding a _( ) symbol around some text variables (like character's name and robot events), and then sometimes adding a "!t" in order to show the translated [text_variable] instead of its original value. If you could keep those changes in you original files and keep in mind how it's done to apply it in further occasions, it would help other possible translators and will save us time whenever you release a new version as we won't need to edit the scripts again and again.
Also, and this is not your 'fault', I had to edit a couple of fonts used because Gugi lacks accents as well as both question and exclamation opening marks (we use them in Spanish) and, weirdly, TurretRoad has the opening exclamation mark reversed. That's not important as long as you don't include my translation in your build but if you do so (I give you permission to do it if you want) you should also add the ttf files from my patch for a perfect result. Anyway, keep up the good work

Reactions: Tlakkua

Tlakkua

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Glad you like it, I really enjoyed doing it and caught some other cool references I missed while playing. Just a couple of things: I had to edit several script files to make them fully translatable, you can take a look at the ones I include in my patch and see the minor differences which basically consist in adding a _( ) symbol around some text variables (like character's name and robot events), and then sometimes adding a "!t" in order to show the translated [text_variable] instead of its original value. If you could keep those changes in you original files and keep in mind how it's done to apply it in further occasions, it would help other possible translators and will save us time whenever you release a new version as we won't need to edit the scripts again and again.
Also, and this is not your 'fault', I had to edit a couple of fonts used because Gugi lacks accents as well as both question and exclamation opening marks (we use them in Spanish) and, weirdly, TurretRoad has the opening exclamation mark reversed. That's not important as long as you don't include my translation in your build but if you do so (I give you permission to do it if you want) you should also add the ttf files from my patch for a perfect result. Anyway, keep up the good work
We will look in the code to identify what you are talking about and try to apply your advice to make life easier for you and other possible translators.

About the fonts used, we also noticed that the accented letters are missing ( they are used in Italian too) but we didn't worry too much about it since we had already decided to release the game in English. We didn't really think that there was the possibility that someone would translate it for us.

;)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
We will look in the code to identify what you are talking about and try to apply your advice to make life easier for you and other possible translators.

About the fonts used, we also noticed that the accented letters are missing ( they are used in Italian too) but we didn't worry too much about it since we had already decided to release the game in English. We didn't really think that there was the possibility that someone would translate it for us.

;)
Thanks a lot, I keep telling that to all Devs whose games I translate but just a couple of them actually implemented it. Now you have the basic work done in case you want to add an original Italian version (why not?). Actually, you have a "English" translation folder with some Italian script on it (it seems like an old draft) so I'm guessing you have most of it already writen in Italian, somewhere. I know there's an active community of Italian players and translators in this forum and I'm sure they'd love to play a game made by some fellow countrymen in their own language without any patch or mod

Tlakkua

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hello, moskyx.
After this period in which we have been engaged in mainly creative operations, today we have taken back the code to fix some of the issues that have been reported.
We have reviewed the translation files that you have made and examined and received the advice that you have given us. However, I must point out that the link to the translation in the opening post does not lead where it should.
Now we try to modify the link so that it points to your attachment ;)

TrixieB

Mar 21, 2020
There seems to be issues with the android link. when I downloaded it from here or your patreon page it has error pages and crashes.

Tlakkua

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
There seems to be issues with the android link. when I downloaded it from here or your patreon page it has error pages and crashes.
We think you can easily resolve this by granting storage permissions to the app.
The menu organization changes from phone to phone but try to follow these steps:
Settings > App > Permission > Archive: find the Xenolov app and activate the switch

If it works, rejoice, otherwise let us know :)
Tlakkua

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: CaiNanE

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Great update! Seems like you guys are very adaptive and keen to develop this so far great game! That bodes well for the future. I can't wait to see what will happen next in the game.

• Star-struck

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
If i may suggest some then would make better "fat" and a bit large text maybe white font with black See-through?
Black with Bright Turquoise is a bit hard to read. hope it will be better. BTW its only my eyes so..:geek:

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
Tlakkua if u dont want the quick menu to show in desktop versions but want it in android... u can make a conditional statement in the gui.rpy so that if the conditional value is true the menu wont show up for the andriod build
well there is maybe an easier way but this is what came to mind

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Tlakkua if u dont want the quick menu to show in desktop versions but want it in android... u can make a conditional statement in the gui.rpy so that if the conditional value is true the menu wont show up for the andriod build
well there is maybe an easier way but this is what came to mind
Actually the default's main menu works like that. It's coded in the screens.rpy

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...not even the future features mention lesbian...is this going to be a pure dickparade?

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
Gave it a go, just wanted to say that so far it's an excellent piece of a game, definitely looking out for future updates!

• Love
4.90 star(s) 7 Votes