Tutorial Tool Unity XUnity Machine Translation

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Ok, lots of people loves machine translation(somewhat) to at least get a general idea about how to play and what to do, or when game x is way too confusing to play along, but well, people made a general program that auto translates novels, menus and stuff for unity(and it obvious requires internet to work anyway). It's a combination of bats and auto tools that generates a shortcut that runs a game while auto translating every text possible. I've tested it running stuff from Astronaut Sirius(games such as Guild Master and their last one Chaos Dominus, that feels similar to Rance Quest Magnum and it's actually pretty cool to play).

It is easy, first visit the developer github ->
Step by Step
Code:
- Download XUnity.AutoTranslator-BepIn-4.7.0(equal or updated version)
- Download XUnity.AutoTranslator-ReiPatcher-4.7.0(equal or updated version)
- Extract Bepin, it'll generate a folder, open this folder and move all the files toward the game u want to machine translate or run like that.
- Extract Reipatcher within game folder, it'll generate an SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator(it only works if u have bepin files within game folder)
- Run this "SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator" and wait the process through the command prompt window. It'll generate a shortcut to run the game.
- Run the game with the new shortcut, also be sure to be online... Everything will be translated as words appears on screen.
Pros:
- Easy to understand translation, some stuff like "customer" will end up being translated as my husband because the words in japanese seem similar or so(like Danna as young master but well, machine ain't perfect anyway).
- Menus and everything pretty much with translated information(even item data such as stats)

Cons:
- Require Internet
- Not everyone likes machine translation, even if understandable anyway.
- Require computer to be updated with all the needed drivers such as Netframework i think 4.0+ or something like that, older systems may need to bother with it, but windows 10 already has its installed from start anyway.

Folder shall end up like this(Using Chaos Dominus as example)
Chaos Dominus Folder.png
In case of Chaos Dominus run the "Chaosdominus (Patch and Run)" and it'll look like this within game Chaos Dominus Sample.png
Keep in mind that it depends on ur internet, and the kanjis will appear before the english text at every message or so(if ur internet is slower anyway)

ALL CREDITS GOES TOWARD THE DEVELOPERS. Hope u guys like it.

Scrublord1336

Dec 8, 2019
Greetings!

Can I just make a small correction to your post?

You only need to install one of the packages on the release page in order to get the plugin working, so you should not have any additional .dll files in the game root directory.

In the case here, you just need to install the 'ReiPatcher'-package.

The 'BepIn'-package is supposed to be installed in the 4.x versions of BepInEx (which is severely out of date).

The 'BepIn-5x'-package can be used with the up-to-date BepInEx found .

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Is it possible to switch the language to German or is it only possible to switch to English?

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
Is it possible to switch the language to German or is it only possible to switch to English?
Can it switch any language to any language?
Yes and yes. You have to run game at least once and THEN you can set languages configuration:

- open AutoTranslator folder
- open config.ini
- edit rows with Language and FromLanguage, example: if the original language is english you have to set this:
Language=de
FromLanguage=en
- Save and run the game

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Yes and yes. You have to run game at least once and THEN you can set languages configuration:

- open AutoTranslator folder
- open config.ini
- edit rows with Language and FromLanguage, example: if the original language is english you have to set this:
Language=de
FromLanguage=en
- Save and run the game
I tried this game once https://f95zone.to/threads/milfs-resort-v5-2-2-milfarion.2607/ unfortunately did not work out. Do you know why? It worked for another game, but not for this one, you know why?

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
I tried this game once https://f95zone.to/threads/milfs-resort-v5-2-2-milfarion.2607/ unfortunately did not work out. Do you know why? It worked for another game, but not for this one, you know why?
You are right. Tried me too, but i didn't found a way to translate it.

This is a FAQ of the tool on GitHub:

Q: Why doesn't this plugin work in game X?
A: If the plugin does not work in a game, you can try to set the following configuration parameter DisableCertificateValidation=True. If it still does not work, it likely uses a technique to display text that this plugin is not aware of. In that case you can make an issue and maybe it will get fixed in a later version.

That's too bad

Reactions: Ruffy2010

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
You are right. Tried me too, but i didn't found a way to translate it.

This is a FAQ of the tool on GitHub:

Q: Why doesn't this plugin work in game X?
A: If the plugin does not work in a game, you can try to set the following configuration parameter DisableCertificateValidation=True. If it still does not work, it likely uses a technique to display text that this plugin is not aware of. In that case you can make an issue and maybe it will get fixed in a later version.

That's too bad
Okay, thank you. Too bad, hope it works with the next update. Do you know any other tools for other engines? I already know the one for RPG MV and RPG VX. For example for Flash Games or Renpy?

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
Yes i know the excellent Renpy Translation Tool.

It's not a real time translator but, in my opition, it's better: you can entirely translate renpy games in your language and run them offline without a "translation delay" (unlike the Unity AutoTranslator).
The procedure is a little bit elaborate but don't worry, you can find all informations on thread above. Just requires a little patience and effort.

I translated over 30 games in my language (italian), so i will be happy to help you if you need some tip.

Reactions: MrRiouso

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Does that still work for you? I always get a message that I have no permission to use this tool! After that Antivirus activates itself and deletes them. Is it only with me or also with you?

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Yes i know the excellent Renpy Translation Tool.

It's not a real time translator but, in my opition, it's better: you can entirely translate renpy games in your language and run them offline without a "translation delay" (unlike the Unity AutoTranslator).
The procedure is a little bit elaborate but don't worry, you can find all informations on thread above. Just requires a little patience and effort.

I translated over 30 games in my language (italian), so i will be happy to help you if you need some tip.
I hope you can help me, I'm really desperate. : ( Whenever I get the ReiPatcher' package. Endpack and apply it, I get a message that I don't have permission and then it gets deleted and my antivirus goes on. After that I can not ReiPatcher'-package in the folder Endpack. Is it the same for you: (

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
I hope you can help me, I'm really desperate. : ( Whenever I get the ReiPatcher' package. Endpack and apply it, I get a message that I don't have permission and then it gets deleted and my antivirus goes on. After that I can not ReiPatcher'-package in the folder Endpack. Is it the same for you: (
If you downloaded Reipatcher from GitHub it is virus free, so you can cansider it a "false positive". I don't know which is your antivirus, but you can try to temporarily deactivate it, during reipatcher installation.... or configure it as "safe file" in your AV settings.

yowaki

Jan 21, 2018
too bad , no shortcut created for this :,(

Edit : *Facepalm* of course it's have to be make on unity...

Last edited:

Drussler

Donor
Jan 8, 2018
because when I play only long dialogues do not translate

sorry for my English
Kein Problem.. in der Config.ini auf MaxCharactersPerTranslation=1000 nun müsste es gehen.

No problem... in the Config.ini on MaxCharactersPerTranslation=1000 now it should work.

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
Does not work for I wanna flirt with Mashu! But it'll be NTR if I lose~, the auto translate folder wont appear

Last edited: