Kalambeln

Aug 28, 2017
Chikeflare is relatively slow, esp in the environment that has highervlvl enemjes than her.
She's really good still with her nature unable to take status debuff, but it could be a gamechanger to swap her with others
Her shield skill and raw stats are just so absurd, and she's got that super strong light attack that fixes tyrant blow's accuracy problem

I'm sure there's a yarimon I could pick for each individual battle that's better but she's probably the strongest monster in the game even without cheat tackle

edit: also I did finish the game, was able to beat two of the four final trainers without cheat tackle but I couldn't be arsed to switch up my team just for this so now my EX attack counter is at 3 and I'll just live with that

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019
Her shield skill and raw stats are just so absurd, and she's got that super strong light attack that fixes tyrant blow's accuracy problem

I'm sure there's a yarimon I could pick for each individual battle that's better but she's probably the strongest monster in the game even without cheat tackle

edit: also I did finish the game, was able to beat two of the four final trainers without cheat tackle but I couldn't be arsed to switch up my team just for this so now my EX attack counter is at 3 and I'll just live with that
She's the strongest overall, but Moostar's Personality/nature of every dodge from him deals half the total hp of the opponent yarimon, paired with its dodge + defense build, or Kurotorofu's ridiculous combo of Body Regen + Soul Drain to regain easily more than half its hp, and Melancholic Resentment that debuffs the opponent to not able to heal and deal damage (essentially half the hp bar) per turn is even more ridiculous.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
She's the strongest overall, but Moostar's Personality/nature of every dodge from him deals half the total hp of the opponent yarimon, paired with its dodge + defense build, or Kurotorofu's ridiculous combo of Body Regen + Soul Drain to regain easily more than half its hp, and Melancholic Resentment that debuffs the opponent to not able to heal and deal damage (essentially half the hp bar) per turn is even more ridiculous.
Who else do you think is strong? Soliche seems another good contender with start of battle Burn that reduce 25% def and then Blazing Passion for 120 base power Fire attack that increase own attack and then cycle through other powerful Fire attacks to relentlessly attack the enemy every turn.

Mar 23, 2019
Who else do you think is strong? Soliche seems another good contender with start of battle Burn that reduce 25% def and then Blazing Passion for 120 base power Fire attack that increase own attack and then cycle through other powerful Fire attacks to relentlessly attack the enemy every turn.
It really depends, the three "hidden" ones (Moostar, Soliche, and the other one) are by definitive slightly better for their unique traits. I found the fire "starter" (the ones offered at the lab but you still have to catch to be decent).
1721870769090.png
These two were my to-gos, both were essential in defeating DLC Leo (hardest fight in game) without items.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
It really depends, the three "hidden" ones (Moostar, Soliche, and the other one) are by definitive slightly better for their unique traits. I found the fire "starter" (the ones offered at the lab but you still have to catch to be decent).
View attachment 3864260
These two were my to-gos, both were essential in defeating DLC Leo (hardest fight in game) without items.
Curious what skill setup was used? they seem very generic mons

Mar 23, 2019
Curious what skill setup was used? they seem very generic mons
1721875673901.png 1721875682163.png 1721875687801.png

Candoll was only there for its RNG nature of inflicting burn upon hit + fire type, which was really needed for a chance to stand against Lioroar EX's ridiculous ATK + HP + DEF.

Snaildome has decent enough DEF + HP to guard against Lioroar EX even after he builds up ATK from Fire Ult, which allows survival long enough for Lioroar EX's to be damaged by burn, Illusive Mirror Strike does good damage against Lioroar as well.

Chikeflare was used to take care of the Leo's other two Yarimons, in order to not exhaust Candoll + Snaildome before Lioroar

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
I used a Grandly from when I caught it throughout the whole game. Being able to inflict status (cut in particular) while also having life regen and passive regen makes it really hard to kill, and Earth's special move is a high damage low cooldown move so it's got respectable offense too. Falconix has a revive and great fury + Life regen and blazing passion also gives attack so it can just setup and then kill, as long as it's fast enough. Sadly gets gimped by light flash and quick headbutt. Also due to level differences it might not be fast enough anyway.

I beat just about every DLC fight with that team+ chikeflare, justice flash + Tyrant blow is really strong.

Last edited:

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
I beat all of them with Chikeflare, Moostar and Soliche.

Moostar sweeps teams if they don't interrupt the Def + evasion buff stacking
Soliche Burn + high power can usually beat 1 or 2 enemies or at least the burn allows Chikeflare and Moostar to stall the enemy out.

And Chikeflare can cycle through Flawless Advance, Justice Strike + Tyrant's Blow combo, heal up and stall with Soul Shield.
Having debuff immunity is very importantas that's one of Moostar's only weakness, dying to DoT.

I also swept the 23 trainer challenge with Moostar and Soliche + filler

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
I'm gonna start working on collecting info on their stats and maybe we discuss their optimal skills for each and think which one seem strongest:
These are the 3 "starters" using lvl 75 as the game auto sets your team to that lvl in the 23 trainer challenge and maxed out stars and Soul Boost, I will try to write what their setup could be, but please feel free to suggest a better setup:

Hopking: 245 hp, 222 atk, 172 def, 181 agi, Moisture Barrier (a generalist i guess?)
1. Illusive moves: 120 power water atk with 100 acc that boost spd, 4 turn CD
2. Zen Mind for +2 evasion, since Moisture Barrier gives the frog at least 1 free turn, 2 turn CD
3. Justice Strike 120 power light attack with 100 acc that boost own accuracy for Big wave, 5 turn CD
4. Big Wave 110 power water attack with 80 acc, it can alternate with Zen mind until the other two skill finished cooldown, 2 turn CD.

Ripfleshia: 285 hp, 172 atk, 205 def, 172 agi, Roots in the Earth (defensive mon)
1. Realm Shaker: basically 150 Power earth attack with 100 acc, 3 turn CD
2. Life Energy: heal 50% hp, since it's meant as a tank, 3 turn CD
3. Flower Storm: 55 power wind attack with 100 acc with 100% chance to reduce enemy Atk -1, makes it easier to tank, 2 turn CD
4. Needle Rose: 90 power 95 accuracy earth attack with 20% chance to Lacerate, a secondary STAB while Realm Shaker is in cooldown, 0 turn CD
(3 and 4 are easily repleceable: since the first two skills are basically used every 3 turns, we need a 3rd skill to fill every 3rd turn, but Ripfleshia doesn't seem to have that many standout moves:)

Falconix: 237 hp, 238 atk, 132 def, 238 Agi, Flame of Rebirth (seems like a class cannon with such low defense but has an extra life with the personality skill)
1. Blazing Passion: 120 Power 100 acc fire atk that boost own atk +1, a good way to finish off the 1st enemy, 4 turn CD
2. Great Fury: Raise own Atk +2, basically to set up a sweep, but be wary of anything that outspeeds or any enemies with priority moves, 2 turn CD
3. Heat Slash, 90 power 95 acc fire attack, something to start hitting enemies with, 2 turn CD
4. Flare Impact 140 power 90 acc Fire attack with 50% recoil, basically a last ditch attack, 4 turn CD

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
I think almost every mon just gets the Gym elemental signature attack in slot 1.

Garudator: 237 hp, 241 atk, 141 def, 190 agi, Insightful Eye (another glass cannon, but a lot slower than Falconix)
1. Nature's Allure: 120 power 100 acc wind attack, reduce cooldown of all skills by 1, four turn CD
2. Typhoon: 110 power 70 acc wind attack, Insightful Eye boost accuacy, so this offset the 70 base acc, two turn CD
3. Blizzard: 120 power 70 acc Water atack, a way to fight back against Fire that normally beat wind.
4. filler, Willow wind just to stall a turn to reduce the cooldown of the previous skills, but you can add like Whirlwind for 90 power 100 acc wind attack with 2 turn CD.

Snaildome: 263 hp, 147 atk, 270 def, 94 agi, Soft Body (a slow sturdy tank that can't be statused)
basically using the previous mentioned tank setup:

View attachment 3864432
Snaildome has decent enough DEF + HP to guard against Lioroar EX even after he builds up ATK from Fire Ult, which allows survival long enough for Lioroar EX's to be damaged by burn, Illusive Mirror Strike does good damage against Lioroar as well.
only replaced Strange Soundwave for Big Wave, because it does more damage against everything thanks to nearly double the base power and STAB, another attack while we wait forr Ilusive Mirror 4 turn cooldown. I guess Strange Soundwave is nice to break a stall, but then we probably want Overflowing Muddy Water for 30% DoT chance and roughly double the damage done.

Squirrender: 228 hp, 205 atk, 205 def, 222 agi, Electrified Body (another generalist but more speed focused)
1. Light Flash: 120 power 100 acc light attack with turn priority, three turn CD
2. Spark Laser: 90 power 100 acc light attack, another STAB attack while we wait for Light Flash CD, two turn CD
3. Tear Apart:80 power 100 acc Dark attack, Light enemies resist light, so we need a dark attack for them, one turn CD
4. slot is yet another filler, Disturbance Move to lower enemy def -2 to break through walls or we could have Willow Wind to negate the enemy atk for 1 turn to stall the turn to reuse the Light attacks.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Ripfleshia: 285 hp, 172 atk, 205 def, 172 agi, Roots in the Earth (defensive mon)
1. Realm Shaker: basically 150 Power earth attack with 100 acc, 3 turn CD
2. Life Energy: heal 50% hp, since it's meant as a tank, 3 turn CD
3. Flower Storm: 55 power wind attack with 100 acc with 100% chance to reduce enemy Atk -1, makes it easier to tank, 2 turn CD
4. Needle Rose: 90 power 95 accuracy earth attack with 20% chance to Lacerate, a secondary STAB while Realm Shaker is in cooldown, 0 turn CD
(3 and 4 are easily repleceable: since the first two skills are basically used every 3 turns, we need a 3rd skill to fill every 3rd turn, but Ripfleshia doesn't seem to have that many standout moves:)
Ripfleshia just strikes me as weaker Grandly, same ability and moves with less bulk and can't inflict statuses as often (They both have needle rose but Grandly has Vortex to inflict cut for sure). I ran grandly with exacly this set except replace flower storm with vortex.

I used Squirrender as my third in the end content tour, so Falconix, Grandly, and Squirrender. Squirrender's not terribly impressive but light flash is really good, probably could've used Mystifox or something. Falconix has life regen so it can sometimes stick around and setup on a weaker mon. Only time I lost in end content tour was missing 3 moves in a row against Iori when Grandly was out first against her since she's the wind leader.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 48 Votes