Yiff.party is down or gone?

vouzmorg1

Feb 7, 2020
I think the solution to restore the former Yiff.party site is to know how those people are doing it. Like how do they scrape patreon content, how does the monthly server work, how etc. Someone just needs to start a second yiff.party and others will follow. It could even be better and more secure.

That site was like a community of people who likes the artists content, couldn't support it and goes there to see their stuff. Such shame it was overrun with toxic people and artists who only cares for money.

readprofile

Oct 2, 2020
I think the solution to restore the former Yiff.party site is to know how those people are doing it. Like how do they scrape patreon content, how does the monthly server work, how etc. Someone just needs to start a second yiff.party and others will follow. It could even be better and more secure.

That site was like a community of people who likes the artists content, couldn't support it and goes there to see their stuff. Such shame it was overrun with toxic people and artists who only cares for money.
I've heard lots about the toxic community part back when Yiff was active, not so much about the money-grubbing artists. So far kemono seems like a pretty chill place

g55

Mar 16, 2020
I've heard lots about the toxic community part back when Yiff was active, not so much about the money-grubbing artists. So far kemono seems like a pretty chill place
You know, I never imagined yiff had a community. I just went in, browsed for a while and left.

Reactions: Makoto2

readprofile

Oct 2, 2020
You know, I never imagined yiff had a community. I just went in, browsed for a while and left.
Yea I also never knew much about Yiff's community until I was curious enough to click on the Boards section, and oh boy lemme tell you it's filled w/ comments that's either constant beggings, or non-stop shit talking about certain artist just because they use different styles.

• Wow
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Yea I also never knew much about Yiff's community until I was curious enough to click on the Boards section, and oh boy lemme tell you it's filled w/ comments that's either constant beggings, or non-stop shit talking about certain artist just because they use different styles.
Wow, talk about being choosingbeggars. Free really does bring out the best... and the worst in people.

Dec 4, 2020
Wow, talk about being choosingbeggars. Free really does bring out the best... and the worst in people.
Yea there was a tonne of request spam, and there were often "artists Vs pirates wars. The admin was the worst guy on the site IMO though. He spoke pure sarcasm & hostility to everyone. Eventually he started ignoring everything (bug/error reports); doing nothing but demanding money while letting the site fall apart.

Finally, after someone paid $1200 for 3 months, he cut and ran after only 1 month. $800 stolen... To paraphrase him: "I can't be bothered anymore, and It'd be too difficult to give site to someone else", but a few people had said there'd be nothing difficult about it. And did he mention the $800 scam? Nope!

RIP to a great site; good riddance to a terrible admin.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Yea there was a tonne of request spam, and there were often "artists Vs pirates wars. The admin was the worst guy on the site IMO though. He spoke pure sarcasm & hostility to everyone. Eventually he started ignoring everything (bug/error reports); doing nothing but demanding money while letting the site fall apart.

Finally, after someone paid $1200 for 3 months, he cut and ran after only 1 month. $800 stolen... To paraphrase him: "I can't be bothered anymore, and It'd be too difficult to give site to someone else", but a few people had said there'd be nothing difficult about it. And did he mention the $800 scam? Nope!

RIP to a great site; good riddance to a terrible admin.
Wow, he sounds like the kind of person who shouldn't be the admin of any site. And the fact that he couldn't even be bothered to give the site away speaks words. I always thought the site died from getting DCMA-ed but this is even worse.

readprofile

Oct 2, 2020
yea choosing beggars are just some of the worst ppl out there, and they didn't stop w/ just simple whining, oh no. Those ppl were legitimately slandering the shit out artists they don't like

• Sad

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Tested the KP importer myself.

Note: I have not looked into the code, so I could be 100% wrong here.

It appears at first glance that it takes your cookie and simply throws it into a queue to be updated soon.

Also, there's a chance that Cloudflare caching is set up to be incredibly aggressive. In that case, it may take a while for updates to appear, even if the importer works immediately.
Thank for explanation.

If that's the case, then they should've added something like "successful! in the progress of importing you cookie here. you can now leave this page at anytime" instead of just "successful". Because I wasn't sure if it was working or not went I check the artist I imported their.

Which it did import the stuff a day after, but not all of it from the artist.

So I'm not sure what code did Yiff.Party use for their importer, but it seem inconsistent on Kemono importer. So I try again later to see it will import all the stuff I got unlocked.

Last edited:

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Ok I check back and Kemono importer finally has a progress notification when importing. Before I wasn't even sure whether or not my posts we're imported into the page, but now I know. It still rough around the edges, but importing posts are working now on Kemono. Now they need to fix the broken posts for certain artists that we're imported months ago.

Last edited:

Hesbestik

Nov 8, 2020
Seem to be getting this error whenever I try to download on Kemono, does anyone know if there's a problem with the site or if its a me problem?

Edit: Seems to be working now. Weird.

Last edited:

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Seem to be getting this error whenever I try to download on Kemono, does anyone know if there's a problem with the site or if its a me problem?

Edit: Seems to be working now. Weird.
I just got the same error. weird. I'll see if it clears up soon.
Probably you're guy ends. I never seen that error other then the typical cloudflare 402 error I've been getting sometime on Kemono.