Yiff.party is down or gone?

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Kemono released a beta that give people a preview for their upcoming changes.
- Layout is much more cleaner.
- A sorting system in the favorites.
- Finally you can see when the last updates post have been made for your favorites.
1613190372222.jpg

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
Kemono released a beta that give people a preview for their upcoming changes.
- Layout is much more cleaner.
- A sorting system in the favorites.
- Finally you can see when the last updates post have been made for your favorites.
View attachment 1039129
The interface is still much to be desired, but at least the first impression is good : it loads fast and seems to be somewhat stable ? I kinda miss fanita import feature there.

Reactions: ReichLoli

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
The interface is still much to be desired, but at least the first impression is good : it loads fast and seems to be somewhat stable ? I kinda miss fanita import feature there.
I agree they need to work on the Interface some more. But after seeing where their going, I have confident and give them some more months on it.
1613438172992.png
Kemono will reach the point where yiff.party was when it come to the Interface, or even better then it. Fanita import feature probably plan to be implemented since the beta they put out their is just a preview for what to come.

Last edited:

GirlCockSemen

Mar 17, 2020
I've seen a lot of chatter from normies about kemono on more commonly used sites. Hopefully that means more people will start uploading content.

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
What were you thinking I could add or change?
Suggestions :
- it would be nice to search artists by their respective ID not just names ( especially when it comes to Japanese artists )
- search function is somewhat annoying to use on bigger monitors ( 27+ inches ), maybe you should reconsider positioning it somehow more central ?
- allow to list more posts than standard 25 ? 50 % of my screen is empty, maybe add 50 and 75 posts listing on one page
- not sure if it's needed, but I always thought that such content harvesting stites storing details regarding pay-walled websites will have schema : artist name -> list of their websites, but it seems you have different table for each website ?
- how user favorites are sorted ? My wild guess is by order in which they were added by the user. maybe it's a good idea to add option to sort them by last update on the website ? It was default option on yiff.party for fav. list. Also column with last update of the artist entry in DB in the table ( Artists->Favorites ).
- I noticed that artists have no indicator that they are missing some posts from Fanbox/Patreon etc.

"Don't be anal suggestion" :
- maybe swap offset text at the bottom to something user friendly e.g. Posts 25-50. Looks like leftover from development.

Last edited:

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
I've seen a lot of chatter from normies about kemono on more commonly used sites. Hopefully that means more people will start uploading content.
Glad their some normies talking about the site, Hopefully it doesn't reach mainstream level. Kemono at it current state isn't a site prepare to deal with contains DMCA threats 24/7 by petty artists.

Dec 4, 2020
"Kemono.Party down! MEDIC!!!!"

The above comment doesn't fill me with optimism but hopefully it comes back. For what its worth, Yiff.Party was randomly up & down all the time so I won't panic just yet.

notanhiro

Jul 29, 2017
im hoping its just because the admins are clearing out all the shitty reaction videos, those things are hours long and take up so much space and bandwidth

animeispartoflife

Apr 19, 2020
Really hope so, 2021 will be less bad for many people. Also I hope everyone have a really great day and wishing the very best for the site to come back for everyone

menyan

Sep 4, 2020
>Current server status?
Currently working on reducing server load times with a memcaching layer. Our host shut off our server for going over the 100TB bandwidth limit, site will be back March 1st.
paywall.party/kemono

Reactions: 50_no_Jutsu

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Really hope so, 2021 will be less bad for many people. Also I hope everyone have a really great day and wishing the very best for the site to come back for everyone
I agree with what you said. With 2021 being a continuation of 2020 we need all the good things we can get. I hope the site comes back online soon and that your day is going well too.

As for my speculation, Hemdom has been offline for updates before so it is likely that is what is happening here.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
1) Why the fuck they weren't completely prepared for the inevitable to happen? Kemono is the only alternative site out their that is close to yiff.party. Predictably, they were going to have a barrage of ex-yiff users coming into the site after that U.I. update changes. To now share load of content since Kemono is now at a state that is somewhat useable. If they were many other alternatives sites this will unlike to happen to them. Because most of the energy will go into those other sites, not once center location.
2) How the fuck they manage to get over a 100TB bandwidth limit!? They must of had a lot of uncut, long ass, reaction videos they were hosting on that site.

Last edited: