Yiff.party is down or gone?

Thotfodder

Jan 11, 2021
Oh sorry, it's just that... Your rant, I just found it funny!
Wouldn't ranting imply that I was throwing a fit?
Because I wasn't throwing a fit.
I was calmly expressing my disappointment.
It IS possible you know.

Oct 26, 2017
Not to play attention whore but feel free to laugh at mine too (if you aren't secretly laughing or facepalming already), I never get offended, much the opposite - and it's more than deserved. :D

On a more "serious" note though, if you bring something back KemonoDev, make sure you won't have to hire moderators and whatnot. Since it'll likely be on the surface, shit can go south rather fast (look at F95, and we're polite fellas - okay, we do shitpost occasionally, but *ahem* responsibly) and you don't really want to be involved with social bullshit when you're trying to create a pirate community scraping stuff. Hell, does the Discord still have that general thing? It's literally 99% memes, lol. You guys also need a separate channel for KP and MH, but that's just my opinion here. (There are many more open yiff clones so...)

It's a bit ambitious but if there's a way to check for multiposts (checking requests on Kemono right now gives me a headache, on top of people who didn't even read the instructions, things have been asked tons of times, and let's not even mention the free spam lol), that would also be nice - same user ID detected, return error and link to post that has the request. Doesn't prevent "user error" though, and a sanity check on whether X exists on service Y might attract attention a bit too soon depending on how you want to... make it "popular" this time around.

I also suppose Kemono won't be changing domain names? Not exactly a big deal, but there was a shit ton of furry on the old board. Nothing against the furry community or the kink (not a fan, but I don't judge) but this shouldn't exactly lead people to assume it's just for this, so... maybe make the announcement RD8K dug up more visible on the front page? (I'm sorry if I missed it and it was already super visible somehow.)

And a tl;dr if you can. We wall of texters know our shit is painful to read and there's, omigosh, like, one sentence in, like, the entire thing that makes some sense, I don't even! (Yes, I'm out. I'm not drunk or high though, just completely insane!)

and also because people never read the damn wiki, rip Joe

Edit: Grammar

Thotfodder

Jan 11, 2021
And yes, the requests being a placeholder isn't exactly much of an issue as people can't read a simple guide on how to grab an user ID
I don't think it's about not being able to read it as much as not understanding it and/or having no idea how it works. I remembered following the directions to the letter and the final result of the request ended up with 404 links anyway.

If you ask me, requesting was better on yiff.party since you could click on "Request Update" on the user's file page instead of going to a separate "Requests" tab where you can't find the users you were looking for which resulted in forcing you to make your own which was a difficult process to go through without screwing it up!

Thotfodder

Jan 11, 2021
You guys also need a separate channel for KP and MH, but that's just my opinion here. (There are many more open yiff clones so...)
What's MH?
It's a bit ambitious but if there's a way to check for multiposts (checking requests on Kemono right now gives me a headache, on top of people who didn't even read the instructions, things have been asked tons of times, and let's not even mention the free spam lol), that would also be nice - same user ID detected, return error and link to post that has the request. Doesn't prevent "user error" though, and a sanity check on whether X exists on service Y might attract attention a bit too soon depending on how you want to... make it "popular" this time around.
Again, there wouldn't BE any errors if the instructions weren't so vague. I remembered following their instructions to the letter as best I could and I STILL end up feeling like I missed a step!
They say "Insert link here" I insert a link, I insert a link and that link leads to a 404 as if it IGNORED what the link ACTUALLY WAS!!!
Also, did I mention all my attempts to click on "Get Patreon ID" DON'T EVEN WORK!?!? I even tried opening those links on another tab and do you know what those tabs say? "about:blank#blocked"
THAT'S why people are unable to "read" the instructions. It's because Kemono was blocking them out!

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing I wanted to ask KemonoDev is on this, from help_posts:
Searching Posts

Searching for posts is straightforward. Enter the terms you want to search for, and both titles and descriptions will be scanned for your query. For example, searching for mio yuuko will return every post that has both mio and yuuko in it. You can also exclude a term by putting a hyphen (-) in front of it, and search for a phrase by putting quotation marks around it. They work about how you would expect.

Please note that Kemono has limited support for non-English search terms due to database limitations. Most notably, Japanese characters cannot be searched.
Is this a database search limitation? Because they seem to (fortunately) get stored just fine. Odd that it wouldn't support UTF-8 searches. Performance, speed, or just the way it was designed? Performance and speed normally shouldn't be an issue the way UTF-8 works, but I might be missing something obvious, so apologies.

Nov 15, 2020
Another thing I wanted to ask KemonoDev is on this, from help_posts:Is this a database search limitation? Because they seem to (fortunately) get stored just fine. Odd that it wouldn't support UTF-8 searches. Performance, speed, or just the way it was designed? Performance and speed normally shouldn't be an issue the way UTF-8 works, but I might be missing something obvious, so apologies.
Yes, database search index limitation. This is outdated though, as we now use Postgres instead of MongoDB, which can partially handle unsupported languages instead of dropping the query outright.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, database search index limitation. This is outdated though, as we now use Postgres instead of MongoDB, which can partially handle unsupported languages instead of dropping the query outright.
Ah, alright. Thanks for taking the time to explain. :)

Oct 26, 2017
Alas.

edit: I meant alas as a joint discord server for everything, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Wait, IT'S A DISCORD SERVER!?!?
Its not a discord server, that will be this one. The discord server is being use to showcase MemoryHole's progress updates from what I last time heard about it. All we got from it are web page design concepts of what the site is gonna looking like by some user on youtube sharing them. However, we don't actually see it in action like Kemono so it just concept and code for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thotfodder