VN - Ren'Py - Young Again [S2 Ch. 5 Public] [Zargon_games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

SMD

Review for 0.3

Great job so far! I'm going to keep this short as I've lost 2 writeups for this so far due to clicking in and out looking at the game for reference :mad:

Pros:
    -Great premise for the story. Really nice way to provide a way to redeem the MC or let him damn himself
    -The characters are almost all lovable, even that little snot Lucas
    -I was expecting it to be super awkward for an older guy to try and fit in with the younger generation but it's done well and believably
    -Lewd scenes are surprisingly hot

Cons
    -As another reviewer stated, some of the animations are not very good, the running in the park one stands out. Others are great, like the Emma masturbation scene. I don't feel that a great story needs animations, good stills do perfectly well in such situations if that is a challenge...but good animations do improve the storytelling if they are available.
    -There is a little weirdness about the MC being a seemingly hard-working and decent guy(maybe even a heroic one?) and his past life being so blah and neglectful. Maybe need to push a little that his near-death experience and second chance is motivating him to do better this time? I don't know that making him a more decent guy in his past life makes sense since Lucas, Emma and his wife are all obviously suffering from severe neglect.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Burgh917

Really loving this game/vn. Normally i'm not crazy about a teenage mc, it's overdone and their usually scared of their own dicks, but this works (for me at least). It's a good mix of heart touching story with a bit of crazy thrown in with the girlfriend. An intriguing storyline with some interesting characters. Looking forward to more.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Larry2000

Well, I don't know the formula. I've played Incest games that try to tell a story and most fail. The premise is usually the same "Dad died. Moved in with Mom/Landlady and her daughter/s" However, while the premise to this VN is different and more unique than the cliche example i just used, it's not the reason this is so good.

Why? Is it cause most titles refuse to look at their game as anything more than Fap material and this game breaks that trend? Is it cause this MC has actual goals to complete? Is it because the dialogue (not bad, but sometimes has different gender pronouns) feels like these are actual people? It's up in the air a this point :p

But a more structured review.
    Archetypes and MC: There are archetypes here for sure. The shy/insecure girl, the slutty one, the family member that is secretly in love with MC, the punk kid, the overworked dad. However, even in these roles, they are delved into. The main character I like, he is a bastion of good not because he's trying to get into anyone's pants, but because he generally is and is interacting with (Not really a spoiler since it's in the intro, but just in case) his children so it's a lot more natural. He's trying to help them and is understanding them even as learns to accept his new role.

Pacing: I feel the pacing is pretty good maybe a little fast with his new sister but I hope to see the dev make the relationship take flight in a natural and satisfying way. To be fair, they were drunk. There are only 2 chapters as of now, but each one tackles a 1 or 2 day arc of sorts. Each one resolves in a satisfying way and it feels like the MC is getting closer to fulfilling his obligations and getting closer to the people that matter most to him. ALSO, he doesn't act like an immature brat trying to bang all his daughter. However, he's not too bothered by making out with his sister and checking out his mother because he's never known that as that BUT even then, he's still very respectful and gentlemanly which is rare in an MC.

Graphics/Characters: I LOVE it. While Zoe looks average, I'm a big fan of Emma and Ruby. Ruby is the classic beautiful/hot girl, but she's really inexperienced and rather sweet. Her design informs you that she's a popular girl, but she just wants to spend to time with her brother. Emma on the other hand is the "ugly" fat girl. I say that as her role, she's beautiful and cute and gives the MC a lot to work with. She has extra baggage which allows a LOT of character growth and development. The MC did a number on her in both bodies in the past. He's now trying to fix his mistakes and giving her the support she needed all those years. Really good characterization so far. Lucas is okay. He's meant to be the snotty punk kid, but he's just young, lost and stupid. I hope that he is also fleshed out some more. Not a fan of other guys joining the main party (Unless your name is Liam) because of the circumstances and the well meaning nature of the MC, I'm rooting for him to put things right.

Anyway, TLDR, Pacing feels just right, I love the chubby girl and inexperienced popular girl and the MC is pretty cool too. He doesn't act like a little perverted kid all the time.
    If you read this @Zargon_games I enjoyed your game A LOT. I like the slow pace you have going so keep it up!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

Ok, I'm Old...Die..Come back Young....Can fuck My , Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, and their young friends.....Holy fuck...Why did it take so long to make this story..

Renders are Good...Story is Good, Moving, Touching and funny....
    Just kill off the son and its perfect....ok maybe to cruel.. I like what is presented so far keep it up!!!!!!!!!!
  5. 2.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + We saw same story in a lot of game already, so its nothing new but it could be interesting with enique details. I hope DEV will manage to add them.
    + We have animations.

Bad Points
    - Animations are not that bad but not good either. They are pretty basic, not well maked and dont have good physics either.
    - Render and animation quality needs improve. Right now they are looking decent but not good enough.
    - Girls/Women looks pretty unattaractive and this needs change.

For The End
    This game have potencial but right now its little bit poor. Espacily art style of characters are pretty much biggest bad point.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

KoGa3

Rating for the game version 0.2:

For me it was a nice game start/update. The ammount of content is for a second version ok, the story/storytelling is good, the characters are presented very well. Graphics/Renders are also ok, the models are (at least for me) unique and mostly natural looking. There is also sound and music in the game, too. I am not an expert in English, but I had no problems reading the text at all.

To summarize it, I enjoyed it very much and will definitely keep an eye on it. And I'm already looking forward to the next game update.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ImperialD

renders are pretty nice ...
    storyline seems ok .. different than i'm used to .. but not bad at all
    spelling is spelling .. you can fix whats misspelled .. not really an issue with me
    waiting for the next update .. nice job on this game (y) (y) (y)