Mod Ren'Py Young Again - Walkthrough/Cheat Mod [Season 1: v0.14aWT / Season 2: S02C05WT] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Detects bladabindi!ml virus in ZIP-file.
It is most likely a false positive. Unfortunately, some virus scanners (e.g. Windows Defender) are very sensitive to Ren'Py files. I checked the Mod file again online on VirusTotal, but as expected nothing was detected.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
YoungAgainPoll_01.jpg
Wow! Thanks for the great feedback. 340 votes :eek:

And as it looks, I will focus on the Mod without music here then. I'll leave the poll online for another day or two, but the result probably won't change much. Thanks again for your help!

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
im possibly either dumb or overlooking it but is there a way to get it past the virus failure/detection
Of course it does, you just need to install a normal antivirus program and not use windows defender, which sucks so much it's a shame to even write about it. ;)

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
View attachment 1367776
Wow! Thanks for the great feedback. 340 votes :eek:

And as it looks, I will focus on the Mod without music here then. I'll leave the poll online for another day or two, but the result probably won't change much. Thanks again for your help!
A big thanks for your great work, also on this game. And yes, the original music is good, better than many other games have. Still, it's a pity that you'll probably stop with your alternative music now. Kind of missed it in the last chapter already, I just like your style and how you use the tracks in the game. I had the previous version installed with your mod and compared its music - what can I say, now I miss it even more...

Nevertheless, I can of course understand if you now only want to focus on the walkthrough and cheat functions (they're great too, by the way). And who knows, maybe you have too much time and don't know what to do, then you maybe...

Reactions: KoGa3

Sselxuyt

Jun 26, 2020
Excellent work on the mod, and truly appreciate all your efforts. Do you have/know instructions on how to add this to the android version?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Excellent work on the mod, and truly appreciate all your efforts. Do you have/know instructions on how to add this to the android version?
Normally I also create an Android port with integrated Mod too, because I have to do some small changes in my Mod for that system. I haven't done it yet because of the poll, but I hope I can make it in the next days.

Last edited:

Sselxuyt

Jun 26, 2020
Normally I also create an Android port with integrated Mod too, because I have to do some small changes in my Mod for that system. I haven't done it yet because of the poll, but I hope I can make it in the next days.
Awesome! You rock, and thank you!

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I'll ended my poll, thanks again for your great support and help. 373 votes, Wow!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the result is actually pretty clear - in total ~2/3 of my Mod users would not use the alternative music. So for me it's obvious that I'm focusing now on the Walkthrough/cheat Mod.

But at the same time, it's interesting that more than half of the voters don't use any music at all, not even the original. The "rest" (sorry) is pretty balanced, even with a slight tendency for my alternative music. This leaves me now again pondering if I should continue this Mod variant also... But as already said, the focus is now on the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod variant.

Last edited:

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
In mod version " music/walkthrough+/cheating/renaming v0.10AudioWT "
In screens.rpy line 116 text what id "what" size persistent.pref_text_size outlines [ (absolute(persistent.KoGa3TextOutline1), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ] #KoGa3 is unnecessary, and it's causing tts engine of renpy to read out every line twice.

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
In mod version " music/walkthrough+/cheating/renaming v0.10AudioWT "
In screens.rpy line 116 text what id "what" size persistent.pref_text_size outlines [ (absolute(persistent.KoGa3TextOutline1), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ] #KoGa3 is unnecessary, and it's causing tts engine of renpy to read out every line twice.
Thanks for the info. Seems to be a copy/paste failure from me. Will correct that and upload a new Mod version.
A big thanks for your great work, also on this game. And yes, the original music is good, better than many other games have. Still, it's a pity that you'll probably stop with your alternative music now. Kind of missed it in the last chapter already, I just like your style and how you use the tracks in the game. I had the previous version installed with your mod and compared its music - what can I say, now I miss it even more...

Nevertheless, I can of course understand if you now only want to focus on the walkthrough and cheat functions (they're great too, by the way). And who knows, maybe you have too much time and don't know what to do, then you maybe...
Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately there's also another one big problem for me in this decision I somehow forgot: whenever I stopped the music part od a Mod, I also stopped playing the game itself then. Sounds strange, but has always been so. I already have not played the newest game chapter here so far...

Edit Sept. 30. 2021:
Did in the meantime a playthrough and also made a Mod version with music again. But it seems it's actually not really needed anymore (there were only a few downloads for that). So I stop that again and remove these download links from my main page. The only thing I'm a bit unsure now is if I still continue playing (and modding) the game as mentioned above when dropping that...

As a little precausion I'll set my WT Mod therefore to on hold for now and decide that with the next game update.

Last edited:

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Hope you continue with the mod as your mod has been good, but its entirely your decision.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hi there. I will try to make a Mod update. Unfortunately it seems I have a shitty Inet this weekend, there is something not working properly - it shows that the download of the main game would take more then a day, regardless what file hoster I tried... :oops:

I don't know therefore when I can even check the main game. I will get back to you when I know more.