VN Ren'Py Your Story [1.0] [GameLoad]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Please can someone explain?
THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
What is going is that you made choices without knowing the context.

Let's say you want to invest in the stock market. You do a bit of analysis and find out that shares from car maker X are relatively cheap compared to car maker Y as well as to the market in general. So, despite knowing nothing about the car manufacturing market, you buy the shares of X. A few months later, the stocks of X crash. You have no idea why, but you just lost a fairly large amount of money. This happens, because you don't know what is really going on with X. Perhaps you could have known, if you investigated further, but perhaps nobody knew except for maybe a select group of people, like the board of X.

In this game, just like in life, you are also making choices without knowing the full context. But play through it again, the story will make sense.

However it does seem that several paths seem not implemented in the game yet. I also got a bad ending, but don't really know if I can avoid it at this point.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017

Let's say you want to invest in the stock market. You do a bit of analysis and find out that shares from car maker X are relatively cheap compared to car maker Y as well as to the market in general. So, despite knowing nothing about the car manufacturing market, you buy the shares of X. A few months later, the stocks of X crash. You have no idea why, but you just lost a fairly large amount of money. This happens, because you don't know what is really going on with X. Perhaps you could have known, if you investigated further, but perhaps nobody knew except for maybe a select group of people, like the board of X.

In this game, just like in life, you are also making choices without knowing the full context. But play through it again, the story will make sense.

However it does seem that several paths seem not implemented in the game yet. I also got a bad ending, but don't really know if I can avoid it at this point.
I'm confused as to who the hell I'm supposed to be. You're not Lia as she talks to you (and you to her) and noone else sees you (so far, at least). Are you her conscience, a spirit or just an imaginary voice in her head because she's not mentally stable. I'm not making a dig at her with that last one. She shows signs of depression and hopelessness, something I'm quite familiar with, so wonder if this voice is her way of coping.

I've only gotten as far as the start of freeroam, so not sure if it is addressed later.

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017

Judging by that on steam review i read bad ending is unavoidable on Raven and Mimir(the blond guy i have no idea how to spell his name) so it's not even choices with or without context at that point, it's just you chose wrong.

Also what with the live action bit at the end? Anyone has any idea for this drug induced nightmare?

Reactions: Yngling

HHHBBB

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone been able to find any other ending other than the one ending everyone is getting?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi, just started the game. Is Lia the main protagonist? Who the hell is she talking to? A ghost?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
After beating the game there is live action movie of character waking up and some other dipshit yelling at them about everyon being dead.
I still don't get it but oh well. Guess I just have to finish the game to find out.

Redemtion

Sep 24, 2020
For JoiPlay users:

If the game crashes after the first few lines of dialogue, it's due to an error related to the quick menu.

I made a dirty edit of the screens.rpy file inside the "game" folder that disables the quick menu. You can open screens.rpy with any text editor and delete lines 1473 through 1484. There is probably a better way to do it but I don't use the quick menu in the first place so it doesn't bother me.

I'm attaching my edited screens.rpy if you don't want to do it manually.
Hey sorry I know I wasn't specific but that wasn't my problem Screenshot_20230126-034640.png
This is the problem when I boot the game I get this error message

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Hey sorry I know I wasn't specific but that wasn't my problem View attachment 2340603
This is the problem when I boot the game I get this error message
Can you copy/paste the contents of your traceback.txt and/or log.txt in the same folder as your .exe file?

Edit: Also if you haven't done so, make sure you're using the latest version of JoiPlay and the Ren'Py plugin from their Patreon page (linked in my signature). The most recent public version is in their November 30 post.

Redemtion

Sep 24, 2020
Can you copy/paste the contents of your traceback.txt and/or log.txt in the same folder as your .exe file?

Edit: Also if you haven't done so, make sure you're using the latest version of JoiPlay and the Ren'Py plugin from their Patreon page (linked in my signature). The most recent public version is in their November 30 post.
Ahh yes using the new version of joiplay works sometimes it messes with my other games.... Now I'm using the Patreon version but now I think I have your problem which you already said how to fix

buff

May 29, 2017

Well-put.

Of course, the question of "why would anyone want to build a game around one of the most annoying and frustrating aspects of real life" is a valid one here....

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Steam version is 1.1 (since 31.3.2023) and I made a request for it.

Why the moderator put it to reject I don`t know maybe he don`t know how it works to look what update a game in steam have.

Großes Update
Veröffentlicht
Fr., 31. März 2023

Hey folks! We want to thank you for your support, feedback, and interest in Your Story. For some time, we've been working on patch 1.1, and we're finally ready to share it with you. It's available now for everyone who has the game here on Steam. List of changes below:

• minor fixes
  • entirely new ending for one of the major routes,
  • improvements with Hilda's, Cirdan's, and Henrietta's routes with new dedicated illustrations and texts,
  • over 6000 new words in the game,
  • a couple of new secret endings,
  • seven (7) new Steam achievements.

If you encounter a bug, please report it here on Steam or our Discord server .

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote