cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Having a problem launching the game (0.2.1) - the 0.1 runs just fine

The problem occur in this order (x86 and x64 versions tested)

1_ Screen 1 goes black and screen 2 flashes black 2-3 times;
2_ Game minimizes and all other non-maximized windows are resized to fill the screen;
3_ When trying to maximize the game from the taskbar the above occurs.

Some info of my system in case it's needed (maybe something to do with the screens res or something):
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
Scr1: 28" 3840x2160@60hz SDR 10-bit
Scr2: 55" 3840x2160@60hz HDR 8-bit
Post your player log file (player.log/output.log), which should stored in your user's hidden AppData/Locallow folder.

Note: Don't copy and paste the text! Rename the file to player.txt and upload it here. Thanks.

linkmeister

Dec 27, 2017
Post your player log file (player.log/output.log), which should stored in your user's hidden AppData/Locallow folder.

Note: Don't copy and paste the text! Rename the file to player.txt and upload it here. Thanks.
Thanks. Finally found the subfolder inside the Locallow directory (AppData/Locallow/DefaultCompany/ZenosAnthology).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks. Finally found the subfolder inside the Locallow directory (AppData/Locallow/DefaultCompany/ZenosAnthology).
Did you rename the game's folder to "ZenosAnthology 0.1 win" by any chance?

The problem you have is related to DirectX:
dxgi: swapchain SetFullscreenState failed (887a0022).
Try to update your gpu's driver and extract a fresh copy of the game on your desktop.

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
The mere fact that U can play the role of an adult MC rather than another spoiled brat wanting to bang his mom, is enough for me to give it a shot.
Right. Drooling drunk is a whole other ball game. Truly a breath of fresh air.

linkmeister

Dec 27, 2017
Did you rename the game's folder to "ZenosAnthology 0.1 win" by any chance?

The problem you have is related to DirectX:

Try to update your gpu's driver and extract a fresh copy of the game on your desktop.
Thanks for your time.

_I did not rename any folder
_Everything is up to date
_I'll try unziping directly to the Desktop instead of my games folder and see if it works.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Thank you.
This build is also not working. Here's a screenshot.
If you need testing or something, I can help (realtime testing, or something).
It's a permissions issue.
Open a terminal and go to the folder where you have the game and run this:
Bash:
chmod -R +x ZenosAnthology2.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/
(you need to replace ZenosAnthology2.0.1.app with the name you have on your machine, if possible first rename it with a name not containing spaces, accents, single quotes or any other weird character)
After that, run again, you may get another warning, select "Cancel" and run it again

dlord

Sep 10, 2018
It's a permissions issue.
Open a terminal and go to the folder where you have the game and run this:
Bash:
chmod -R +x ZenosAnthology2.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/
(you need to replace ZenosAnthology2.0.1.app with the name you have on your machine, if possible first rename it with a name not containing spaces, accents, single quotes or any other weird character)
After that, run again, you may get another warning, select "Cancel" and run it again
Hello,
Thanks a lot. This is working. I would never thought about this.
Chemical Fire This is working. I just launched the latest update on the first message.
Thank you.

brysie

Jul 1, 2017
No doubt the game has some pretty good renders but it would have been way better if they complete one story and then start the other one , hell in the laundry one the game ends just when shit is about to become good. That legit ruined my mood
I totally agree.
Maybe the 2 stories will link at some point but I would have much preferred the 1st story to continue further( at least to the end of the laundry room section)

KuyaJeff

Dec 27, 2017
I just finished the game and it has great potential. Best of luck to the Dev... p.s. loved Snowing Over You, I hope that it could be developed as a full game.

Reactions: AlexCooper
4.10 star(s) 76 Votes