Tool Ren'Py Zenpy - The renpy game translator

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

entrypoint

Mar 14, 2023
What online system?
Online means that the code is loaded inside the program itself without touching the users disk.
I'm wondering if you even know how to code or if you are just a "script kid"?
For you information you can achieve exactly what you want without having to use such methods.
I don't know if you know, but in .NET it is possible to load an assembly by the bytes of the file, I know there are other methods, but I decided to use this one. I didn't see any need to save the downloaded file and then open it. I find it much more practical to just load the assembly.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
It's called "server-side module execution" and has absolutely nothing to do with what you describe here.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
And tell all those idiots, fans, self-proclaimed promoters of yours that only harm do in your program promotion with the constant facepalms, laughs and idiotic responses.

entrypoint

Mar 14, 2023
It's called "server-side module execution" and has absolutely nothing to do with what you describe here.
in fact this would be client-side dynamic loading and I didn't even talk about loading details before, because that wasn't the discussion.

Reactions: Abbys_Cat

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
Oh, boy...
just for educational purposes...
the "client-side dynamic loading" term is used, when you execute an app on a server side (eg an html app like office) and the server loads a module on your system to retrieve locally.

Anyway, I wish you and especially your clients the best luck with your product.

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
Hello. Is the $8.13 cost unatantum or subscription? Does it also translate the various screens (screen navigation, screen preferences, etc.) or is it limited to dialogues?
Does it also translate compound strings (the ones that are hard to make work in old/new)?
Does it extract and translate the various strings that Ren'Py SDK does not extract?
Does it also translate the modded versions?
If you prefer to answer me privately that is fine with me.
(Translated with DeepL Pro)

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
It supports all languages from A to Z. And if your language has problems with the game's base font, it has a system for changing the font to one of your choice.
Thank you, appreciate the feedback.

B4PH0MET

Apr 16, 2020
Hello. Is the $8.13 cost unatantum or subscription? Does it also translate the various screens (screen navigation, screen preferences, etc.) or is it limited to dialogues?
Does it also translate compound strings (the ones that are hard to make work in old/new)?
Does it extract and translate the various strings that Ren'Py SDK does not extract?
Does it also translate the modded versions?
If you prefer to answer me privately that is fine with me.
(Translated with DeepL Pro)

Hello!
Regarding the price of $8.13, that's the final price, you don't have to pay anything else after purchasing it, and you'll receive support for all future updates.

Regarding the translation, the tool takes all possible translatable texts within the game (navigation screen, prefences, customizable menus, quest menus, etc.).

Among the various games it has been tested on, during the testing phase and after launch, it has translated all the games and their strings, and if there are any that it doesn't translate, support is added.

Yes, it extracts and translates the various strings that the SDK doesn't translate. It even has support for older versions of Ren'PY.

With regard to modified versions, it's not very clear to me what you mean, but if it's Ren'PY, it does have support for .yml and .json extensions.

It is a tool that is constantly improving and adding new features.

Reactions: reb95 and GioBol

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
Hello!
Regarding the price of $8.13, that's the final price, you don't have to pay anything else after purchasing it, and you'll receive support for all future updates.

Regarding the translation, the tool takes all possible translatable texts within the game (navigation screen, prefences, customizable menus, quest menus, etc.).

Among the various games it has been tested on, during the testing phase and after launch, it has translated all the games and their strings, and if there are any that it doesn't translate, support is added.

Yes, it extracts and translates the various strings that the SDK doesn't translate. It even has support for older versions of Ren'PY.

With regard to modified versions, it's not very clear to me what you mean, but if it's Ren'PY, it does have support for .yml and .json extensions.

It is a tool that is constantly improving and adding new features.
Thank you very much for responding.
By modified versions I mean versions to which a modder's Add-On is added to the original game that adds walkthrough, incest or Gallery Unlock.
I give an example. I recently finished my Italian translation of the well-known game Dating My Daughter. Of each chapter I made the Clean translation and the one with the WTMod.
I assume that there is no problem translating the games to which the Add-On has been added.

B4PH0MET

Apr 16, 2020
Thank you very much for responding.
By modified versions I mean versions to which a modder's Add-On is added to the original game that adds walkthrough, incest or Gallery Unlock.
I give an example. I recently finished my Italian translation of the well-known game Dating My Daughter. Of each chapter I made the Clean translation and the one with the WTMod.
I assume that there is no problem translating the games to which the Add-On has been added.

Now it's clear to me what you were saying about the modified version. Yes, the tool is able to translate the addition of mods to games without any problems.
In the same translation, you can make a version of the game with and without the mod, and the program does this without any problem.
It also has full support for Joiplay, which many people use to play games on their android devices when there is no APK version of the game.

Reactions: GioBol

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
Hello. I am an Italian translator and do semi-automatic translations for the Italian forum community.
Taken by the curiosity of this program, I'm testing since almost a week the ZenpyPro version and I'm following their Discord channel to solve some problems or limitations that should arise.

I consider this All-In-One program really great for those who want "done and finished" translations without having to wait for translations done by translators who translate for their community.

Compared to other free, public domain All-In-One programs, including ZenpyFree itself, I consider the ZenpyPro version to date to be the best All-In-One tool for translating Renpy games, thanks to the possibility to customize the translations made and to intervene in some stages of the translations more thoroughly.

The level of customization in this version also makes it a great tool for translators who translate for their community, as you can make corrections directly from the program or by putting your hand in the scripts as you usually do.

Translation speed is lightning fast, translating the game A Mother's love, a very complex game with tens of thousands of dialogues, took just under 3 minutes using the Google online translator.

Afterwards, if you want you can do some post-processing to refine the translation. However, I think this is of more interest to translators who translate for the community, not just for them.

I recommend this version of the program for translators or more demanding users. :)

Last edited:

B4PH0MET

Apr 16, 2020
Zenpy Pro with Deepl Pro

The option to translate your games has been added to DeepL Pro completely free of charge, without the need to have a Pro Key to use this function.
The program is always undergoing improvements and implementing new features.
Take your translations to the next level with Deepl Pro.

How to use:

View attachment 1000126981.mp4

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
Zenpy Pro with Deepl Pro

The option to translate your games has been added to DeepL Pro completely free of charge, without the need to have a Pro Key to use this function.
The program is always undergoing improvements and implementing new features.
Take your translations to the next level with Deepl Pro.

How to use:

View attachment 3417105

I just watched the video, very good job.
But I have a question:
Is the translation time "directly proportional" to the size of the text to be translated???
I explain,
I understand that a "very short" game was deliberately selected to make the video, but if a game containing texts with a size of 57 Kbytes takes 705 seconds = 12 minutes to translate, a "normal" game with a size of 300,500,1000 Kbytes or more How long would it take to translate? 2 hours?, 4 hours?, 6 hours?

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
It varies according to network traffic.
Yesterday to translate this game into Italian https://f95zone.to/threads/xxlove-v0-8-chaixas-games.130728/ took just over 172 seconds.
In the Log file are the statistics
The alternative is to use translators such as Google Translate or Microsoft Translate.
Those are very fast, but the quality of the translations are what they are.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes