Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
You didn't win the battle with Swansong, you stalled enough time for Brandon to arrive. As for the battle mechanics in that fight you could pick one of 3 options (RNG generated but with the option for a reroll), each of the options corresponding to a certain action tied to either Intelligence/Resilience or Strength/Endurance with a number. If your stats where sufficient you could pick the action, if lucky you had 3 available options. But even for the physical part, i still got the option to block (10 endurance).

It should not be hard to survive this fight. But it made me wonder if it's even a valid option to focus on certain stats or if it's better to spread them more or less equally... So far it seems the latter but in the future who knows...
With minigames, I normally wouldn't give the game a chance. But, that redhead in the screens caught my eye. Hopefully there's a skip to win on the minigames, if not, I'll have to cheat it. Ahaha

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
You didn't win the battle with Swansong, you stalled enough time for Brandon to arrive. As for the battle mechanics in that fight you could pick one of 3 options (RNG generated but with the option for a reroll), each of the options corresponding to a certain action tied to either Intelligence/Resilience or Strength/Endurance with a number. If your stats where sufficient you could pick the action, if lucky you had 3 available options. But even for the physical part, i still got the option to block (10 endurance).

It should not be hard to survive this fight. But it made me wonder if it's even a valid option to focus on certain stats or if it's better to spread them more or less equally... So far it seems the latter but in the future who knows...
Correct. I just used the wrong terms ( win / lose ) there, but what I mean is, there are 2 outcomes from the fight, 'you held your ground' or 'getting your ass kicked', which offer slight variation before the scene plays out the same, Brandon arrives and push back Swangsong and so on.

What I haven't fully figured out yet is the correlation between the stats, the 3 available actions and the effect of such action, to come up with an effective 'winning' strategy. There is a timer for the battle, different actions affect the timer differently. But yeah, it's only my first playthrough so I will find out more in future.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the battle mechanic, I just summarized it earlier as being very simple and intuitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: vogelbeest

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
How do I modify stats with URM? Nothing shows in the search. This is the only game where thats happened.
Maybe try , and edit your save file. I use this regularly, just drag the save into the box the the website provides. It might help.

Reactions: JB08

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Maybe try , and edit your save file. I use this regularly, just drag the save into the box the the website provides. It might help.
Worked perfectly thanks. Now lets see if it breaks future updates lmao.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
One of the worst games I played ... Shit puzzles :FacePalm:
All the answers are in this thread, (well, both answers : song, carcosa) and you only need to do it correct once, every next time you replay, you get the option to skip the scene. So far the puzzles are in just one scene only.... Seems a bit harsh to say this is one of the worst games you played for just these 2 puzzles.... Would you still think it's one of the worst games you played if there was the option to skip puzzles? And how did you even manage to come that far if you do? ;)

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
I played this.. and all I can say is color me IMPRESSED! Well made.. enjoyed the diverse characters.. great writing... the damn thing kept me immersed and interested all the way through. Really can't wait to see how high StolenRose takes this. Kudos.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
how long it takes for a updates to be released?
Well, this game may have psychics but most of us are not... That said, 0.1 was released here on 18th november 22, the 0.2 was released last Saturday.... So that would mean 4-5 months between updates... But there's no telling if 0.3 will be released in the same timespan, there's too many factors that can mean more time is needed...

Just watch this thread, sometimes patreons post progress reports or sign up to his Patreon for regular progress reports... (Or join his discord if he has one.... ) I'm afraid that's as much we can do to keep informed about updates.. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Stolen_rose

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
7h3pb6.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for your support, feedback, and kind words. It's been loads of fun reading your replies and I'm really happy you've(for the most part) enjoyed this release. I'm going to address some of the stuff that has come up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stolen_rose I am wondering why almost everything for Mac is already there, but inside the win folder :unsure:
Honestly, my only contribution to that is hitting the "Build distributions" button, so I have no idea.

bless you brother. Bless you I love monogamy and I don't like Harem

but something I want to know please tell me swansong is one of the main girls because she's my type.

I like them crazy and dangerous and the other girls are way too friendly
I get you. I got myself into very unnecessary trouble over women like that, but I just can't help myself.

But yeah, that stuff wasn't really clear and as I said, since it's not a harem, I'm guessing it's going to be a one girl thing and don't want any unnecessary drama by being forced to sleep around. Would just be nice to have some more direct "accept" or "reject" choices in there (like the first one with Rayne).

But yeah, otherwise, update was great. Still an interesting story and curious where it goes from here. Thanks! ;)
Thanks for the feedback! That's a very valid point. I'll make sure to take that into consideration going forward. For now, I think the easiest way to fix it would be to have a "NSFW" tag on decisions that lead to sexual content.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Honestly, my only contribution to that is hitting the "Build distributions" button, so I have no idea.
Ahh, I see the problem. You're using the Market build distribution. That only works for platforms like steam etc, that Mac version won't work as a download here or for Patreons with a mac.
I should've noticed it when I made the patch ..

This is how a folder structure for mac should look on win:
Code:
ZeroEnd.app
        |
        -contents
                |
                -MacOS (here are like 6 data file I dont know because of win)
                -Resources
                        |
                        -lib (python 3.9 folder in here)
                        -autorun
                                |
                                -renpy (the renpybuild)
                                -game (the same folder as in win version with all the game stuff)
The "ZeroEnd.app" looks like a folder on Win but on Mac it's like an shortcut. And there is no game data in the market build (for mac) so it can't work.
Now I never distributed with Ren'py, but my guess is that for Mac users from your Patreon, Itch and F95Zone, you'll need to distribute Win/Lin and Mac separate.

The mac knowledge was brought to you by PBS666 :LOL:

Last edited:

QV

Nov 7, 2017
Excellent work!

Found an exception when opening the information (?) screen. Clicking on Key Items generates the exception:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Scripts/Episode1/day2.rpy", line 2542, in script
    "..."
  File "game/Scripts/Core/customScreens.rpy", line 525, in execute
    screen journal_items():
    screen journal_items():
  File "game/Scripts/Core/customScreens.rpy", line 541, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/Scripts/Core/customScreens.rpy", line 546, in execute
    vpgrid:
  File "game/Scripts/Core/customScreens.rpy", line 559, in execute
    if Monster.discovered == True:
  File "game/Scripts/Core/customScreens.rpy", line 559, in <module>
NameError: name 'Monster' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    "..."
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen journal_items():
    screen journal_items():
    vbox:
    vpgrid:

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Zero End 0.0.2c
Wed Apr  5 16:00:23 2023

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I am wondering why almost everything for Mac is already there, but inside the win folder :unsure:
Will there be a mac version?
Below is the response regarding Mac build, you can read the original post here.

So, if you have a Mac, just play the PC ( Windows/Linux ) and give your feedback ( work, doesn't work or anything ). StolenRose simply doesn't have the means to test all the different platforms in existence, so officially only PC Windows is supported.

If the game failed to launch out-of-the-box, then you might need to download the Ren'Py SDK and launch the game using the SDK. That usually works most of the time. However, if you insist on playing the official build, then most likely you have to wait much longer. Maybe after the game is completed where the developer can work on making the game playable on every other platforms ( which is the most sensible approach IMO ).
Those market distributions seems to have all the components on board but, for Mac at least, in the wrong spot, as Bøb69 already said.

Several easy solutions.

1. As JohnF95zone suggested, you can run the game from inside the Ren'Py SKD. Just make sure you use the same Ren'Py version as the game does (look in the file scriptversion.txt for the correct version. For this game it's 8.0.3). Once you got the game running this way, you can use the Ren'Py SKD to build a standalone Mac version for yourself. More details here: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-create-a-mac-version-of-any-renpy-game.3289/post-3532643

2. You can use the market build as is, but the Mac app inside it is useless as it is now. But you can start the game by opening the Unix executable inside it directly. To find it, look inside the app (right click, Show package contents) and go to /Contents/MacOs/. The Unix executable has the same name as the app (in this case Zeroend). When you open this Unix executable, a Terminal window will open which will then start the game. You can make an alias to this executable if you like and drag it outside the app for easy access. NB: if another application (Textedit for example) starts instead of Terminal then the executable has lost its execute permission during the zipping/unzipping process, but this has nothing to do with the problem under discussion now.

3. (Recommended IMO) Since the market build has all the components needed, you can fix the Mac app by putting them in the place where they belong. So go inside the Mac app (right click, Show package contents) and create a new folder in /Contents/Resourses. Name that folder autorun. Then copy the game folder, the Renpy folder, the zeroend.py and the zeroend.sh files from the market build folder and paste them into the autorun folder you just created. It should now look like this
MacFolderStructure.jpg
There you have it: a standalone Mac app. You can safely delete all files outside the app now. They are not needed anymore.

Hope this helps. And after all this I feel more or less obliged to actually play it too :p. Looks intriguing.

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Excellent work!

Found an exception when opening the information (?) screen. Clicking on Key Items generates the exception:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    "..."
    screen journal_items():
    screen journal_items():
    vbox:
    vpgrid:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    "..."
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "K:\Game Archives\ZeroEnd-0.0.2c-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen journal_items():
    screen journal_items():
    vbox:
    vpgrid:

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Zero End 0.0.2c
Wed Apr  5 16:00:23 2023
Thanks, I fixed it. The issue was with a thing I used for testing and missed in the QA somehow. I'd fire myself, but then there'd be nobody to keep making the game

4.90 star(s) 40 Votes