NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
About bringing actual monstrous features to the game where dev already politely explained:
Some of them already have monstrous features, it's called vampire fangs.

So all that theorising about false choices boil down to:
dev has a strong sense of what esthetic this game should have, which is not about blood or gore or
any actual graphic representation of monsters do:
eat/drain/poison/disembowel/dismember humans,
- none of that is going into this game.
Where did i ask the dev to bring in blood, gore or anything graphic here? Who is talking about eating or disemboweling humans? Where are you coming up with ANY of this? Are you sniffing paint thinner?

How bad do you want actual montrosities be Lis? Is this such a big deal for you?
Apparently it's the biggest deal to you because i have ZERO problems with anyone remaining the way they are, all of this started over me suggesting a monster girl tag for better visibility of the game. While you used it as an excuse to go apeshit and post like a dozen images of demon girls with or without dicks, for whatever reason lol.

Dev reserved the minimal of interactions with the girl turning into actual demon form.
Case closed.
Yea definitely sniffing paint thinner.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Here it is ... may have looked too much into your demans, they sounded like you were pushing for change:
Rayne succubus part should be way more kinkier and aggressive, i means she is a succubus after all she would want more rougher, more dirtier sex than her counterpart.
Besides you telling me you have no plans for Rayne to show some succubi features down the line?
I am sorry for blowing this way outta proportion, it just seemd like you pondered the question:
”Where would dev go to SHOW some succubi features?”

I went ahead and answered myself: in my head, it was clear you wanted graphic monster form or gore.

I appologise if this was not what you are pushing for.

When I saw that dev showed up, i felt like I just had to present all my counter arguments against it
to the dev, seeing as they come and go around here, so the pure game esthetic is preserved.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Here it is ... may have looked too much into your demans, they sounded like you were pushing for change:
The dev made a poll asking for feedback, then specifically told me to write him any feedback i wanted here, so i did and in your infinite wisdom you apparently also missed this part from the very same post
Also i just wanna add, none of this is detrimental, i am not demanding nor do I really need any of these changes which is why i said nothing about it so far until you obviously opened a poll and asked for specific feedback yourself. So dont feel like "oh now i have to implement all of these", you dont it's fine as it is. Anything extra you think you can add to the game without detracting too much from your time or making things too complicated is a win-win type of situation.
Does this sound like i am demanding anything? Or do i literally say the exact opposite?

I am sorry for blowing this way outta proportion, it just seemd like you pondered the question:
”Where would dev go to SHOW some succubi features?”

I went ahead and answered myself: in my head, it was clear you wanted graphic monster form or gore.

I appologise if this was not what you are pushing for.
Amazing...

When I saw that dev showed up, i felt like I just had to present all my counter arguments against it
to the dev, seeing as they come and go around here, so the pure game esthetic is preserved.
Double amazing....

Anyway i am not gonna continue this anymore, apologies to the dev for derailing the thread and falling for bait like the dumbass that I am.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Well, I added the tag. If it bothers anyone, I'll remove it.

Minor lore spoilers. Nothing plot relevant, but it's information that hasn't yet been revealed in the game:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's a good and smart change. More and more i am noticing fantasy/sci fi games pop up on here. Monster girl is becoming a more popular search tag. Its probably gonna be even more so in the future, we just had one of the biggest "studios" on patreon that makes like 32 000 dollars a month and have thousand and thousands of people supporting them dip into this genre as well with their latest game release that just came out yesterday. Hopefully we will see this trend continue, cause i dunno about anyone else but i am really, really tired of the "You live with your landlord and roommates" type of mundane games that plague these forums.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701542852947.png
The Other Side

I hear you calling from the other side
Sail away, my little sister
Sail away to the other side
Sail away, my little sister
Sail away far into the night

Back and forth feedback and Q&A :
1701542976098.png
"some days you seem
so disappointed, love but you knew

what it was.
i am your dread wife.

you will not throw me out
of eden i walk myself to the door."

Content preview #41 straight from Yesterday
About time Rayne had a badass moment

Last edited:

Belphegor666

Sep 17, 2019
Tried the game on a whim and have to say that the rating is quite deserved - The inspiration from MtA shows quite a bit. I rather enjoyed the more mystery-like magic for a change (compared to the more common dnd magic in fiction)
Characters were likable and memorable and I rather enjoyed the nonstandard MC (he does remind me quite a bit of Constantine though)
Sex scenes I have to agree with the others were not outstanding but not horrible either - but here I was honestly more interested in the plot than the sex. Music and special effects were used very well. Plot was very interesting.

The only criticism I have is the one scene with Keira about Silver - I'd have preferred it if Silver was "a" vampire queen rather than "the" vampire queen and just really powerful than "the most powerful vampire ever".

Considering that the MC is more of a guile hero than a magical heavyweight and Keira (seems to be) a human with some enchancements it would not make a difference for them dangerwise. The scene just really made me roll my eyes. It's like playing a low level campaign and suddenly a third generation clanfounder shows up, when a 6-7 Generation elder would have been just as big of a threat without being ridiculous.
If you have plans concerning Silver, feel free to ignore this, just my two cents.

Edit: also posted it as a review so maybe some other people stumble across this game too. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Stolen_rose

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Had you paid any attention to everything going on - Silver accepted Marie*s plan to serve MC to Invictus,
it was a heavy handed way to drop the ”queen of the vamps” bombshell on MC by way of Swansong,
but whatever, we found out who the heavy hitters are rather early and MC had the utmost privilege
to go up against each and every one of them - Silver was goading MC for Marie, while Invictus
was actively antagonising MC for the good of his following.
Silver is your ally, so you get to live, no matter how you manage it, she let you live.
Invictus, tho, being tempered by Marie, sent MC to death, serving a precious lesson to his followers:
you get to meet your goddess either by serving her or by incurring Invictus Wrath:
MC was already a mate protagonist for the goddess, his magiks have already enabled him to
preforate the veil and now goddesses from all over have come to feast on his essence.
If you have plans concerning Silver, feel free to ignore this, just my two cents.
The story handles this very well - you do not get to defeat your betters, MC is swindling them,
pretty much just like what any criminal all around the world gets to keep being one after every
head first encounter with the police - hustling them into thinking he or she has something they want
or that they can exploit to their beneffit.

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Considering that the MC is more of a guile hero than a magical heavyweight and Keira (seems to be) a human with some enchancements it would not make a difference for them dangerwise. The scene just really made me roll my eyes. It's like playing a low level campaign and suddenly a third generation clanfounder shows up, when a 6-7 Generation elder would have been just as big of a threat without being ridiculous.
It's... complicated. There's a few things going on there that I can't get into, but one I can is that Keira is a bit of an unreliable source. Also, the full scope of the story hasn't yet revealed itself.
And that's about all I can say. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well ... MC is not the only lost padawan - masterless - stray in the academy.
This game has a very game oriented vision, giving players three serious character forging paths this early,
with the girls with the most screen time and most character development in the game. The right gaming way.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Intriguing game. I enjoyed it but I want to see a bit more before I rate it. I'm a sucker for a good story and this one is very promising, but also extremely confusing, which is to be expected at this point. I really like the atmosphere and especially the music. I had some scenes where the menu choice sychronized with the chorus and it felt really badass.

MC's character is very fitting. He is smart and proactive, exactly how he should be in such a chaotic situation. The thrill of intrigue and mystery is also communicated very well and it's a really good device to drive the plot, because it mirrors the reader's curiosity, amplified by small foreshadowings.

Some feedback:
1) I expect this will happen down the line anyway, but you may want to include a glossary to explain things that the MC knows about. An obvious example is the Ceremony of Ash. I can roughly understand what it's about, but it feels a bit cheap for the MC to have the full context while the player tries to grasp at straws. For example, we can't know if the ritual is responsible for Marie not having feelings for Caleb anymore, or it's purpose is more specific, like annuling some magical connection.

2) This ties a bit to the previous point because there is much to be learned and explained, but I think that the romance paths are locked way too early. I'm going to assume that it's a soft lock, but a full blown relationship in 3 days, while MC's life is extremely hectic and he has to deal with both his past relationship while understanding his "destiny", is a bit too much. Keira says that she doesn't want to be a sidepiece, but for all intents and purposes, romantic or not, she is.

3) l understand it's early, but I feel like the side content is spread way too thin and gated too much. Maximizing a stat means that you get less experience when using it. An obvious sex god like Aphrodite gives you 3 extra scenes, two of them are the girls masturbating so you don't get to partake, and the other is enabling content with Swansong which ends up hurting the relationship with Marie that seems integral to the story. As it stands, I'd rather hack a playthrough to enable all the content than minmax because the system is unessecary punishing, and I don't really subscribe to the "multiple playthrough" idea because after all are said and done, this is still a visual novel and the gameplay isn't varied enough to worth the effort. If there is a rhyme behind those choices, I just can't see it. Thankfully, hacking the game isn't that hard, so I don't see this being an obstacle to my enjoyment, rather a minor inconvenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: belozzer

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701937719002.png
The very first post on the very first page of this thread tells you point blank ...
Zero End is a paranormal mystery inspired by things like Hellblazer,
World of Darkness, Divi-Dead, Creepypasta, and grimoire magic
among others.
What is this game inspired by?
The setting in Zero End(secluded place of learning with weird shit going on) is inspired by Divi-Dead.
I played it a long time ago and always felt like the game nailed the atmosphere, but didn't really do the setting justice.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021
Our angsty fellow feels like a hybrid of John Constantine via Hellblazer and Harry Dresden of the Dresden Files. He has a moral compass that he doesn't want to follow but he can't help but be concerned about the innocents trapped in this Hogwarts of the Damned. Head Mistress doesn't seem to care beyond the status quo or her charges to a degree.

Modhunter

Oct 28, 2022
Well played sir.... (spoilerish) I saw the numbers but thought I did it myself accidently . Great turn. Now that is a story teller, no exposition dump. Found out what I needed when I needed. I hate being in the dark but I love learning as a real time observer. Liking genre tropes helped me not need a walkthrough. This is really quile outstanding. Best of all, it had a natural ending point. Hated to see it but for a .13 it was ALOT of content. gotta support this.

P.S. For players... the sex is organic to the excellent story not beholden to it.

4.90 star(s) 60 Votes