RPGM Zombie's Retreat 2: Gridlocked [v0.18.1 Beta] [Siren's Domain]

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes

BABaracus

Feb 2, 2018
Both this and the previous game used ScarlettAnn's and the lead artist. The reason it changed was because ScarlettAnn's art style changed over time. I doubt that will be the case this time.
By changed you mean improved. She just got better at it, no change in style.

マッド

Jul 24, 2017
If you compare it to the first game the mechanics should more or less be the same. You'll need to scrounge for materials every 2 days or whatever siren decides the re-spawn timer is. Zombies just exist to waste your ammo. Realistically you will probably need to wait a year until you get some actual gameplay. Since Siren has multiple projects. This feels more like a alpha version than a beta version though. In the current planning stage it seems like you'll have the option to build a "survival base." You can loot something called a mud brick :unsure:. There isn't a lot of game-play or the ability to explore much. See you guys in a year. :HideThePain:

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
If you compare it to the first game the mechanics should more or less be the same. You'll need to scrounge for materials every 2 days or whatever siren decides the re-spawn timer is. Zombies just exist to waste your ammo. Realistically you will probably need to wait a year until you get some actual gameplay. Since Siren has multiple projects. This feels more like a alpha version than a beta version though. In the current planning stage it seems like you'll have the option to build a "survival base." You can loot something called a mud brick :unsure:. There isn't a lot of game-play or the ability to explore much. See you guys in a year. :HideThePain:
Agreed, it's probably gonna be about a year or longer for the game to take off, given the project length and timeframe of Zombie's Retreat (IMHO, it also concluded sort of strangely, as did AZL, albeit for different reasons). I'm hoping ZR2 will be faster in progress since Siren's got experience and doesn't need to reinvent the wheel on this game, so to speak. Of course, I'm always of the opinion that anything Patreon-funded will naturally be slower based on how it works, lol.

Siren's stated that base-building is going to be a central feature in this new game, about which I'm really excited. Sort of hinted at with the construction girl and the mud-brick item. Expecting to see lots of zombie attacks on the home base and rebuilding/fortifying/upgrading with ZR2. Honestly, while I'm not an NTR kind of guy, I sorta hope for some zombie non-con attacks on the female harem ... There's very little danger in AZL, and none in ZR2; it's sort of fun to have a degree of risk and danger when protecting a harem especially in a zombie apocalypse, and it's an element missing in both games (as I've mentioned in the threads for the previous games).

Reactions: Z.B.M Johan

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Agreed, it's probably gonna be about a year or longer for the game to take off, given the project length and timeframe of Zombie's Retreat (IMHO, it also concluded sort of strangely, as did AZL, albeit for different reasons). I'm hoping ZR2 will be faster in progress since Siren's got experience and doesn't need to reinvent the wheel on this game, so to speak. Of course, I'm always of the opinion that anything Patreon-funded will naturally be slower based on how it works, lol.

Siren's stated that base-building is going to be a central feature in this new game, about which I'm really excited. Sort of hinted at with the construction girl and the mud-brick item. Expecting to see lots of zombie attacks on the home base and rebuilding/fortifying/upgrading with ZR2. Honestly, while I'm not an NTR kind of guy, I sorta hope for some zombie non-con attacks on the female harem ... There's very little danger in AZL, and none in ZR2; it's sort of fun to have a degree of risk and danger when protecting a harem especially in a zombie apocalypse, and it's an element missing in both games (as I've mentioned in the threads for the previous games).
Agreed! A little bit risky where MC girls being attacked and assaulted by zombies could be a way to spice up this game and making it more interesting, because unlike the first one now you had to watch over our women more. But I think it would and should only stop at them being gropes or foreplay by the zombies like blowjob, handjob, clicking,.... and being raped by zombies would lead to bad end scenario if the protagonist didn't save them on time. But would be fun if the girls got infected and be like the doctor in ZR1, we got a mutant girlfriend that was OP when needed and have some out of control sex whenever they are too horny and the "monster side" taking over
But on top of that, hope Sirens will finally giving us lot of zombie girls or mutants that can be fuck and keep as helpful servant or "pet". We need zombie's pussy, and we need to have a way to defeat and capture them like pokemon

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Agreed! A little bit risky where MC girls being attacked and assaulted by zombies could be a way to spice up this game and making it more interesting, because unlike the first one now you had to watch over our women more. But I think it would and should only stop at them being gropes or foreplay by the zombies like blowjob, handjob, clicking,.... and being raped by zombies would lead to bad end scenario if the protagonist didn't save them on time. But would be fun if the girls got infected and be like the doctor in ZR1, we got a mutant girlfriend that was OP when needed and have some out of control sex whenever they are too horny and the "monster side" taking over
But on top of that, hope Sirens will finally giving us lot of zombie girls or mutants that can be fuck and keep as helpful servant or "pet". We need zombie's pussy, and we need to have a way to defeat and capture them like pokemon
If any of the girls gets exposed to cum by a zombie we'll see what was only hinted in ZR 1 and the intro of ZR2... the girls going crazy, throwing themselfes at the Zombies and getting fucked to death... remember this is different to AZL were Zombiefication was a contractable disease... here it's a spell turning females into mindless breeding slaves and males into undead breeders.
We got a hint of that Scenario with Jessica the Ranger of ZR 1... and the Aunt to a degree.
Given that all Loveinterest will have an entire apartment complex + an aunt in this game I wouldn't be surprised if you can build a mean strike force to man barricades... it's likely starting slow as you need to balance secureing food, increase the barricades at the block and recruiting more survivors, while on the other hand all your activities will increase the attention you build towards your home base by the growing Zombie hord... at least that seems like the best way to get such a system running in my opinion

belisarian

Dec 11, 2017
I really liked the first one, cool story and overall mechanics and it even had hint of pregnancy, I hope there will be expansion of that pregnancy here, it would be really awesome in my opinion.

Reactions: _Maou_ and aklen

Tuga85

Jan 11, 2018
Art as always look great (except MC, i will get to that), mechanics seems to be pretty much the same as the first one with a few polishing, story i would rather prefer a direct sequel from ZR1 (meaning same MC, returning girls) with the addition of just new women to save, but its still in very early stages so lets see what the future holds. As for this game MC, the discount sasuke, the more i think about it, the more i believe he was recycled from siren's jrpg being made. Dude starts the game with the bandaged arm and the breastplate on as if he was in some sort of fantasy world or the outbreak had already expanded outside the camp, even tough the city is normal at the start of the game. Everyone else has normal or very close to normal everyday clothes. If he started the game with ordinary clothes and got the ones he have after the prologue, ok it would make sense, starting the game as he is, head scratching to say the least. And honestly he really looks like an emo boi. Wouldnt be surprised if siren rejected him as mc from Sexy Quest (thats siren jrpg in the making), but liked the design so much that told scarlett to simply redraw him using her art style but forgot to tell her to make his clothes fit in with the rest of the game world.

Reactions: Z.B.M Johan
Sep 1, 2019
Not a lot of content yet, but it nails the feeling of the first game perfectly. The building mechanics aren't in the game yet, but I am looking forward to it. This is gonna be good, I can feel it in my bones.

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
If any of the girls gets exposed to cum by a zombie we'll see what was only hinted in ZR 1 and the intro of ZR2... the girls going crazy, throwing themselfes at the Zombies and getting fucked to death... remember this is different to AZL were Zombiefication was a contractable disease... here it's a spell turning females into mindless breeding slaves and males into undead breeders.
We got a hint of that Scenario with Jessica the Ranger of ZR 1... and the Aunt to a degree.
Given that all Loveinterest will have an entire apartment complex + an aunt in this game I wouldn't be surprised if you can build a mean strike force to man barricades... it's likely starting slow as you need to balance secureing food, increase the barricades at the block and recruiting more survivors, while on the other hand all your activities will increase the attention you build towards your home base by the growing Zombie hord... at least that seems like the best way to get such a system running in my opinion
You mean base defense mini-game.
Sound good to me [I once played dead frontier series before and I liked it]

zeoabyss23

Jul 29, 2017
MC for this one looks good to me, and the green haired news reporter is my fave. Can't wait for her update

gaylord12

Nov 12, 2019
The first game was great so I have high hopes that this one will be like that also some day! The MC looks like a dwerb though.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Beside the MC design that look like he was a cosplayer in his costume and on the way to comic con when the zombie apocalypse happened, the game was very good like the first one so far. Some might say there are nothing in it now, but the same can be said with the first too because it was still early development stage so of course we won't have much things to do. Give this one a couple more updates before we can judge it fully, but 1 thing I'm agreed with lot of people is that the MC need to look a little more like a person that tried to survive in the city filled with zombies. Hopefully Sirens would focus more on the wardrobe system in this one, beside the female that can change clothes we need to apply it on him too and it would be very fun to see him in a more simple yet reasonable costume and looks

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Classic! 1 star reviews while the game still on demo stage, I wonder will they come back and fix the rating after a few more updates and the game finally being good?

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Honestly, I'd like to see some interactions with the ZR1 cast as the new game proceeds on. It would even make a lot of sense to let both MCs work together from a certain point on in the new game.

Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
Honestly, I'd like to see some interactions with the ZR1 cast as the new game proceeds on. It would even make a lot of sense to let both MCs work together from a certain point on in the new game.
I actually think that's definitely in the cards. My bet is on at least The Mayor/Talia showing up.
The end of the first game heavily foreshadowed them going into the city, to fight that grey asshole.

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes