RPGM Zombie's Retreat 2: Gridlocked [v0.18.1 Beta] [Siren's Domain]

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
Can you guys please answer these 2 question that I have.
1. Why is there an "Weapon" & "Armor" on the Items even though there's no Armor and the Weapons are in the Key Items?
2. Is there a way for the game to be widescreen? 'Cause there's a black part on each side of my phone and I really want it to not be like that.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Can you guys please answer these 2 question that I have.
1. Why is there an "Weapon" & "Armor" on the Items even though there's no Armor and the Weapons are in the Key Items?
2. Is there a way for the game to be widescreen? 'Cause there's a black part on each side of my phone and I really want it to not be like that.
1 Standard RPG Menu
2 depending on the scaleing of your device you'll have black strives or a deformed picture

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Sirens patreon.

ZR2Ants.png

Ants in Pants - ZR2 Edition (character reveal)

Hey everyone!
Today I figured I'd share a new character who will be formally introduced in the next update to Zombie's Retreat 2!

Olivia is someone the main character and Meredith know very well! She lives in Crimson City and is in a bit of her own crisis. In an attempt to maintain her youth, she's desperate to keep things fresh and fun. Now going by Liv, trying to appear 'fun' and hip, and wearing loose clothing, I wonder what her actual age is?

Also, her favorite bug is an Ant if you like random trivia =D

Olivia will be able to get rescued in this upcoming build of Zombie's Retreat 2! She will also be the only (currently planned) person who will join you, Meredith & Jenny in the main house instead of the Motel.

While she won't have any NSFW content to add quite yet (Jenny & Meredith are the focus for NSFW stuff in Beta 0.2) I think she'll get some action soon enough! I can't wait to see what trouble her and the MC get into in ZR2.

=====
That's everything for this update! Thank you all for your support. I hope you all are looking forward to this new update and I will see you all soon with some release window news!

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
From Sirens patreon.

View attachment 1131839

Ants in Pants - ZR2 Edition (character reveal)

Hey everyone!
Today I figured I'd share a new character who will be formally introduced in the next update to Zombie's Retreat 2!

Olivia is someone the main character and Meredith know very well! She lives in Crimson City and is in a bit of her own crisis. In an attempt to maintain her youth, she's desperate to keep things fresh and fun. Now going by Liv, trying to appear 'fun' and hip, and wearing loose clothing, I wonder what her actual age is?

Also, her favorite bug is an Ant if you like random trivia =D

Olivia will be able to get rescued in this upcoming build of Zombie's Retreat 2! She will also be the only (currently planned) person who will join you, Meredith & Jenny in the main house instead of the Motel.

While she won't have any NSFW content to add quite yet (Jenny & Meredith are the focus for NSFW stuff in Beta 0.2) I think she'll get some action soon enough! I can't wait to see what trouble her and the MC get into in ZR2.

=====
That's everything for this update! Thank you all for your support. I hope you all are looking forward to this new update and I will see you all soon with some release window news!
There's no Aunt in this one isn't there?

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Is there a chance to shoot zombies just by pointing at them with the mouse? It's really boring to position yourself on the same horizontal or vertical line as them in order to shoot them. Thank you.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Sirens Patreon.

Hey everyone!

Another one of those updates I've typed multiple times and scrapped for sounding too scatterbrained. I'll try and keep this one simple! I've got an update on when you can expect to see the next major update(s) of ZR2!

== Schedule - April Release ==

Originally, the next ZR2 build, Beta 0.2 was planned to release at the end of this month. I am STILL planning on trying to hit this window so patrons & players can finally get some much needed NSFW content added to the game.

However, my general schedule is very lopsided right now. March & early April were a little busier than planned as some of my other games took a little longer to release updates than expected.

So I'm thinking of splitting this next update sort of in two:

The release for April will probably focus mostly on Meredith and getting her story and NSFW scenes started. Along with this, some general gameplay improvements/tweaks/etc

== Split Update - May Release ==

Currently, May is looking kind of empty. I was thinking about delaying the update to the end of May but instead, I think I can probably do a 2-parter.

The May update would be like the "second-half" of Beta 0.2. I'll probably still name it Beta 0.3 just to keep naming conventions simple. This update would probably focus on the beginning of Jenny's story and hopefully a proper introduction of Lucy.

Rather than just a simple introduction of Lucy, I'm planning to actually have her be playable for her own little section(s) of the game so this is why it's going to take a little longer than usual.

======

There are two main reasons I'm thinking about doing this.

1- It gives Patrons and ZR fans some content for this month as originally expected

2- It helps me split up the update to have it be a little less overwhelming (a big issue i'm currently struggling with admittedly)

Hopefully I wasn't too confusing explaining all of that!

Thank you all so much for your support! I will see you all soon with a much more certain update on release dates and presumably, an actual update to ZR2 shortly after that! =D

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
From Sirens Patreon.

Hey everyone!

Another one of those updates I've typed multiple times and scrapped for sounding too scatterbrained. I'll try and keep this one simple! I've got an update on when you can expect to see the next major update(s) of ZR2!

== Schedule - April Release ==

Originally, the next ZR2 build, Beta 0.2 was planned to release at the end of this month. I am STILL planning on trying to hit this window so patrons & players can finally get some much needed NSFW content added to the game.

However, my general schedule is very lopsided right now. March & early April were a little busier than planned as some of my other games took a little longer to release updates than expected.

So I'm thinking of splitting this next update sort of in two:

The release for April will probably focus mostly on Meredith and getting her story and NSFW scenes started. Along with this, some general gameplay improvements/tweaks/etc

== Split Update - May Release ==

Currently, May is looking kind of empty. I was thinking about delaying the update to the end of May but instead, I think I can probably do a 2-parter.

The May update would be like the "second-half" of Beta 0.2. I'll probably still name it Beta 0.3 just to keep naming conventions simple. This update would probably focus on the beginning of Jenny's story and hopefully a proper introduction of Lucy.

Rather than just a simple introduction of Lucy, I'm planning to actually have her be playable for her own little section(s) of the game so this is why it's going to take a little longer than usual.

======

There are two main reasons I'm thinking about doing this.

1- It gives Patrons and ZR fans some content for this month as originally expected

2- It helps me split up the update to have it be a little less overwhelming (a big issue i'm currently struggling with admittedly)

Hopefully I wasn't too confusing explaining all of that!

Thank you all so much for your support! I will see you all soon with a much more certain update on release dates and presumably, an actual update to ZR2 shortly after that! =D
How about Android Ports?

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

Grid Menu.jpg

Hey everyone!

Got some pretty cool news to share, this month I will be releasing an update to Zombie's Retreat! If you caught my last post, I did decide to split the update. So this update won't have everything I was planning to add but I will continue with another release next month in May as well to readjust my personal schedule and keep things moving smoothly.

== Release Date ==

Beta 0.2 will be out by the end of this month for $5+ ZR2 Patrons. I'm aiming for either Thursday or Friday. The public release will be out that following Monday (May 3rd) as usual.

I don't have an exact date yet because this is sort of an open-ended update. Since this update is split, there's not a solid 'end-point' that I have in mind. I'm just trying to round out a lot more features and finally introduce some NSFW content that you all have been overly due for! With Beta 0.2, the NSFW content will focus on Meredith.

As far as if it will release on Thursday or Friday? I can't really say yet so I ask for your flexibility. I'll release it when it's ready!

== Android ==

I keep getting swarmed with questions about the Android Release. It should start coming out with Beta 0.2. I decided not to release it during Beta 0.1 simply because there are a lot of initial steps I need to take and I wanted to make sure the PC version was functional first.

Moving forward, the Android releases should start releasing simultaneously like they did with ZR1!

Thanks for your patience with this!

== Grid Menu ==

If you follow Town of Passion, you may recognize the menu system in this screenshot.

One of the cool things about working on multiple games is that sometimes I discover something in one game that can serve a crucial feature in another game. In this instance, I discovered a beautiful menu plugin that perfectly solves a big dilemma I was having with The Grid.

With multiple structures, the future ability to edit/rearrange stuff, etc, coming up with a menu system that intuitively shares that information to the player is more challenging than some may realize. With this setup though, I can display various building projects, hide them until unlocked, grey them when already built, etc. Finding this menu accomplishes a HUGE hurdle that I've been trying to tackle since the Alpha build.

From here, future updates will add more features & structures and then The Grid's functionality should really start taking off! I'm pretty stoked about that.

=====

That's about everything with this update! Thank you all so much for your support and I will see you soon with the release of the next Zombie's Retreat 2 update, Beta 0.2! =D

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 21 Votes