Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

0.18 Soon.png

Zombie's Retreat 2 - Beta 0.18 | Zombie's Retreat 1 XL

Hey everyone!

Apologies for being so quiet over the past couple of weeks! Been working on a couple of different things for Zombie's Retreat so it took me a little longer than usual to decide what's next. Let's get into it!

== ZR2 Beta 0.18 ==

The next update for Zombie's Retreat 2 is going to focus on a brand new facility in The Grid. The Bathhouse!

For quite some time now, I've been wanting to add a couple of facilities that add more interactive options with the survivors. Places you can build and take them too for some more 1 on 1 time.

The Bathhouse will be the first one that you can construct and will open up a few new interactions. More will likely be added in the future as well but Beta 0.18 will get the entire feature up and running.

One very important detail that I want to clarify in advance is that all of the current bathhouse scenes are echo scenes. These are NSFW scenes that utilize the same exact pose as previous scenes but with a different character and location.

The reason for this is for efficiency. Over previous updates, I've been future-proofing for this update in particular while other content is being worked on simultaneously.

== Zombie's Retreat 1 XL ==

Over the winter, I began working on a small(ish) project for Zombie's Retreat 1. I've been working on up-scaling the game to match the same resolution as Zombie's Retreat 2!

To avoid any up-scaled quality loss, I've manually re-sized each and every scene from their original resolutions to match the new dimensions. This means the image quality should be the exact same despite the larger screen size!

Additionally, a few of the scenes have been reanimated to give them a nice smoother look!

One problem I ran into during this project is a couple of the very first scenes were originally drawn in ZR1's old resolution. This means I can't upscale the image without quality loss. So instead, those scenes will be getting completely redrawn to match the current look of ZR scenes. I'll be leaving the original scenes in as an extra option for those who prefer the nostalgic look too.

The project is pretty far along but the redrawn scenes are still in progress and will require more time.

This is the reason why now is the perfect time to work on the bathhouse update in ZR2. The update is a bit simpler to develop and the art has already been completed. I hope this announcement helps clarify that!

This is also why the Milf Showdown - Rachel update still hasn't released. I was working on the XL project while working on the Jessie update and it was quite a pain. So I'd rather wait until the new upscale is done before working on Rachel's special outfit!

=====

That's all for now! Keep your eyes peeled for some new teasers of the ZR2 - Beta 0.18 content coming up soon!

Thank you all so much for playing Zombie's Retreat 2 (and 1)!

How do I find the camera??
You have to trade for it in Jessie's camp.

Legal1709

Aug 25, 2019
Ok, what changed from the 1.1 Beta 3? I was pretty sure that was the last version of the game and it had the completed tag

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Ok, what changed from the 1.1 Beta 3? I was pretty sure that was the last version of the game and it had the completed tag
The game is done. But after the game was finished some of the character's won a popularity poll. So as a reward they were given NSFW scenes. Leslie's dress scene and Jessie's shed scene some examples. There is still one more scene to go for Rachel. There is also an update planned to increase the resolution of the game to put it on par with Zombie Retreat 2.

Reactions: Legal1709

Legal1709

Aug 25, 2019
The game is done. But after the game was finished some of the character's won a popularity poll. So as a reward they were given NSFW scenes. Leslie's dress scene and Jessie's shed scene some examples. There is still one more scene to go for Rachel. There is also an update planned to increase the resolution of the game to put it on par with Zombie Retreat 2.
Wow, thanks for the reply, guess I'll wait for the final final update to play it again

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
I'm having problems with the Boom-Box Boss fight, I've read the guide, the comments... but the screen turns pitch black, only the stats of the boss, the girl and the MC. No "sparkling" thing, no flashlight... nothing to get a reference for me to move around, just pressing the movement and action keys like mad, hoping to randomly hit the swith.

Any ideas?

TIA

PD: Finished Caroline questline, won the "final battle" against serena, thinking things would be easier or the room would be less dark... but no. Same pitch black screen with status bars on top.

Edit: Finally managed to fix the issue. Had to raise adapter color gamma value to eventually see something. :mad:
The "Spark" marking the switch is not seen in the dark. It should emit a tiny source of light when active IMO. :cool:

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Does this game contain ntr, I've reach the credit scene. But still confuse either I finished or not yet
There is no NTR in this game. The main story ends after the credits. But this game has post game content. One is a reference to the dev's previous game. The other helps to set up Zombie's Retreat 2.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
There is no NTR in this game. The main story ends after the credits. But this game has post game content. One is a reference to the dev's previous game. The other helps to set up Zombie's Retreat 2.
Isn't there like.... an NTR scene if you left the scientist alone for several days? Or was that removed?

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Isn't there like.... an NTR scene if you left the scientist alone for several days? Or was that removed?
That was removed. You can still walk in on the two of them having sex if you want. But the scene if you leave her alone for several days is gone. You can still view if you are using the gallery mod.

Nafis145

Jan 28, 2024
That was removed. You can still walk in on the two of them having sex if you want. But the scene if you leave her alone for several days is gone. You can still view if you are using the gallery mod.
what kind of scene? how can I not knowing about 'this scene', can you tell me more about it?

Nafis145

Jan 28, 2024
Um you know that there is a download link for all the cg and the animations in the OP post.

As of now nothing. It used to be that if you didn't have sex with her for 5 days and go to see her you would walk in on L-001 and her having sex. This was removed as it was considered too close to NTR.
Was that thing came back again to the lab after five days disappeared? Is that even a canon thing to the main story of the game?

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
what kind of scene? how can I not knowing about 'this scene', can you tell me more about it?
If you want to view it then install the gallery mod and view Ann's sex 6 scene.

Capture.PNG

This will allow you to view the deleted scene.

Was that thing came back again to the lab after five days disappeared? Is that even a canon thing to the main story of the game?
It used to be cannon. But currently it is not.

Reactions: Man_in_hat365

OneEyedGhoul

Apr 27, 2019
Zombie’s Retreat 1.0.4.01 Release (Unofficial Version)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Downloads
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As always, please report any issues you find to me.
Hey, since the part 1 has been completed, can you please update to the latest version? ;)

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes