Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
wait what ?, you can fail when fishing out the key from the pool

i already replayed this game twice and never fail to fish out the key on the first try
I know, I was just doing it wrong. I didn't do anything just waited, and we have to click after a while for the MC to get the key. :LOL:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

Hey everyone!
The time is finally approaching soon. February WILL be the month that the first build of Zombie's Retreat 2 launches!
In case anyone forgot, I chose to not release the Alpha build 2 months ago because it was too short, time crunched, and ultimately incomplete. I needed a bit more time to get some art/CG's done as well as more time to fine tune some of the early stuff.
This time around, the art that I want to add is complete and I've been able to spend more time planning some of the new features and mechanics that I want to implement. I'll talk about one of those things:

== STATS & ABILITIES ==
Unlike ZR1, I want to look at adding different stats that you can work on.
In ZR1, you really have one main option to do to spend time: go outside & scavenge. In ZR2, I'd like for players to have to choose between "Should I scavenge or spend time building stats to help when scavenging later on?"
Some ideas for these stats are being able to find rarer items in salvage spots, gaining more HP, or maybe being able to craft new items.
The important thing to keep in mind is that some of these ideas may change as the game development continues so if a feature isn't really implemented to my liking, I may overhaul certain mechanics or features.
=====
There are still some other features/mechanics I want to look at adding too! One thing that I want to be very careful about, however, is adding too many new features. After a while, it becomes overwhelming not just for myself, but for the player. I think one charming thing about ZR1 is that it is simple and doesn't require hours of playtime until the gameplay starts to 'click'.
I know we've all played games where we're 10+ hours in and half of the mechanics still make no sense...
Alright, that's everything for this update! Stay tuned for a few more updates as well as some more accurate release date news soon. Thank you all so much for your support and patience! I'll see you all soon =D
Hey everyone!
The time is finally approaching soon. February WILL be the month that the first build of Zombie's Retreat 2 launches!
In case anyone forgot, I chose to not release the Alpha build 2 months ago because it was too short, time crunched, and ultimately incomplete. I needed a bit more time to get some art/CG's done as well as more time to fine tune some of the early stuff.
This time around, the art that I want to add is complete and I've been able to spend more time planning some of the new features and mechanics that I want to implement. I'll talk about one of those things:

== STATS & ABILITIES ==
Unlike ZR1, I want to look at adding different stats that you can work on.
In ZR1, you really have one main option to do to spend time: go outside & scavenge. In ZR2, I'd like for players to have to choose between "Should I scavenge or spend time building stats to help when scavenging later on?"
Some ideas for these stats are being able to find rarer items in salvage spots, gaining more HP, or maybe being able to craft new items.
The important thing to keep in mind is that some of these ideas may change as the game development continues so if a feature isn't really implemented to my liking, I may overhaul certain mechanics or features.
=====
There are still some other features/mechanics I want to look at adding too! One thing that I want to be very careful about, however, is adding too many new features. After a while, it becomes overwhelming not just for myself, but for the player. I think one charming thing about ZR1 is that it is simple and doesn't require hours of playtime until the gameplay starts to 'click'.
I know we've all played games where we're 10+ hours in and half of the mechanics still make no sense...
Alright, that's everything for this update! Stay tuned for a few more updates as well as some more accurate release date news soon. Thank you all so much for your support and patience! I'll see you all soon =D

Hstrike

Apr 1, 2018
Is A Zombie Life and This game made by the same developer but just different name ? or Entirely different developer?
I just know that that game and this game have the same Artist.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
the game doesn't allow me to change what Rachel calls me...i.e it was set to classmate
is that supposed to happen? coz checking the variable it seems there seems to be a way to change it to something else

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
the game doesn't allow me to change what Rachel calls me...i.e it was set to classmate
is that supposed to happen? coz checking the variable it seems there seems to be a way to change it to something else
You can change it at the beginning of the game. For any changes after that you need to examine the books in the MC's bedroom.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
You can change it at the beginning of the game. For any changes after that you need to examine the books in the MC's bedroom.
no I meant we can't change the fact that rachel calls us classmate in-game
same with caroline calling us camper

but I changed the value with an editor so I'm good

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Hi, I read in a post that there are 2 versions, one with the art of the legacy version and another with the old art, will someone have the version with the old art?
so it seems only the models of the "standing" characters change, that is, the animations do not change, but I still prefer the previous ones XD.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Hi, I read in a post that there are 2 versions, one with the art of the legacy version and another with the old art, will someone have the version with the old art?
so it seems only the models of the "standing" characters change, that is, the animations do not change, but I still prefer the previous ones XD.
In the OP post use Legacy CG link. This will allow you to change whoever you change whomever you want to there legacy art. Just download and overwrite the files.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
so I'm experiencing some issues after doing the swimming pool event
now when I try to go down to the basement, the game basically freezes
sometimes I get a something error at position 0 or o or something as well

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
so I'm experiencing some issues after doing the swimming pool event
now when I try to go down to the basement, the game basically freezes
sometimes I get a something error at position 0 or o or something as well
Are you using the windows,mac, or android version?

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
Are you using the windows,mac, or android version?
windows...I'm now doing the Passion quest
hopefully that fixes the issue
otherwise I'm fooked
Edit: Did the quest, still get stuck when going on the basement :(
here's the savefile if someone can fix this

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
windows...I'm now doing the Passion quest
hopefully that fixes the issue
otherwise I'm fooked
Edit: Did the quest, still get stuck when going on the basement :(
here's the savefile if someone can fix this
Could you also provide the global and config files as well.

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Hi my fellow coomers. Wanted to post this as a warning to all of you.

IF YOU SUPPORT THE DEV ON PATREON YOU WILL NOT GET ZOMBIE RETREAT 1 !!!!!

Its kinda my fault because I saw that art style and saw that it was Scarlet Ann, so I did not make any research about the game. Simply supported it on patreon without any info. Then it was too late for me to realize but I will not get zombie retreat 1. They just gave me a link to BUY the game lol
You cant even play older versions of Zombie Retreat 1 :/

Again this is my own fault. But I just want to warn you.
Stay safe my friends

Reactions: 2B NieR and DonJohn
4.40 star(s) 117 Votes