• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Why didn't people like Eliza turning into a vampire? What alternative would be better for her to return to her movements? An Iron Man prosthetic?
Can't speak for anyone but myself but the issue isn't exactly her becoming a vampire exactly. But her becoming a vampire came out of left field where it felt random and I wouldn't expect it. I thought it was just going to heal her and she would go back to being normal Eliza. The next problem is it felt like her drinking the blood to become a vampire was very rushed without much thought. Also others had an issue with there being a lack of choice but I understand why as that would mean more renders and it's much easier to force that choice to lower the render amount needed to produce. Then before a change she used to kill the barmaid without a change which sullied her character for alot people. (Not me personally since I expected it and her dialogue made her feel like the same Eliza I love from the start of the game) If it was handled a bit better I bet it wouldn't of been much of an issue. Though it would of been still an issue for some

Why call me a troll?

Formerly 'Jack Wells'
Feb 20, 2024
Can't speak for anyone but myself but the issue isn't exactly her becoming a vampire exactly. But her becoming a vampire came out of left field where it felt random and I wouldn't expect it. I thought it was just going to heal her and she would go back to being normal Eliza. The next problem is it felt like her drinking the blood to become a vampire was very rushed without much thought. Also others had an issue with there being a lack of choice but I understand why as that would mean more renders and it's much easier to force that choice to lower the render amount needed to produce. Then before a change she used to kill the barmaid without a change which sullied her character for alot people. (Not me personally since I expected it and her dialogue made her feel like the same Eliza I love from the start of the game) If it was handled a bit better I bet it wouldn't of been much of an issue. Though it would of been still an issue for some
I understand, but whether or not it was explained when we were lucid. And I believe that she doesn't hesitate because she thinks she is a burden for everyone.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Why didn't people like Eliza turning into a vampire? What alternative would be better for her to return to her movements? An Iron Man prosthetic?
I mean, its a game with infinite magic I'm sure something could have been explained. For me what ruined it is her character changing. She went from a strong female character that actually had a personality and after she got hurt / the pirate arc she turned into some princess in a castle who couldnt do anything for herself and was just another body for MC to fix and fuck.

Imo it would have been a way more compelling story to use her being human as a way to keep the MC grounded in his humanity while trying to grow in his powers rather than just give her a power up like its DBZ to keep her relevant.

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
I'm just waiting for Rin content, out of all the LIs so far i find myself liking her the most and i really like Eliza and Alice so that's saying something. It's strange because unlike Eliza, Alice and Kira she has not been properly introduced to the players and yet i like her the most.
I hope there will be plenty of interactions and adventures with just her in the future, just her with mc.

Solid update btw.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BuuPlays

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
yeah micojive brings up some points I forgot to mention in my original reply. The other big issue is before her change what made her a great character is she was always trying to better her self to not be a burden and do things on her own. Which is what also made her a great character. I dont mind the power up as much as I do mind the fact it feels like she cant do anything or think on her own without the MC approval or permission most of the time. Don't get my wrong I dont hate vampire Eliza cause she is still Eliza and to be frank I find her fangs make her even hotter. But she was a much better character before the change. I don't even mind the whole vampire idea to be honest it was more of an issue with how things were handled with the change that's the bigger issue. But it does feel like it will get better with time cause it felt much worst the first update after the change but the one after that I thought was an improvement.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
before her change what made her a great character is she was always trying to better her self to not be a burden and do things on her own. Which is what also made her a great character. I dont mind the power up as much as I do mind the fact it feels like she cant do anything or think on her own without the MC approval or permission most of the time.
Since the change her struggle has drastically changed.
I think she's still trying to better herself, but now, instead of not being a burden to her friends because of her condition, she's struggling to stop herself killing someone by giving into the primal urges that are part of her new condition.
If anything, for me, it's brought her more to life. Made her a much more complex character.

I think it's this struggle which has made her less willing to trust herself &, therefore, depend on MC much more.
But I think that the determination she showed when she was unable to walk, is still on display now. It's part of who she is, but she's got a much heavier doubt about herself, now.
Being a vampire & knowing how easy it is to lose herself in the blood, must be pretty concerning for her.
Hopefully, as her control gets better, she'll look less to MC for confirmation, as she regains her confidence & trust in herself.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Since the change her struggle has drastically changed.
I think she's still trying to better herself, but now, instead of not being a burden to her friends because of her condition, she's struggling to stop herself killing someone by giving into the primal urges that are part of her new condition.
If anything, for me, it's brought her more to life. Made her a much more complex character.

I think it's this struggle which has made her less willing to trust herself &, therefore, depend on MC much more.
But I think that the determination she showed when she was unable to walk, is still on display now. It's part of who she is, but she's got a much heavier doubt about herself, now.
Being a vampire & knowing how easy it is to lose herself in the blood, must be pretty concerning for her.
I can agree with that as well, what you said probably is a big reason why I don't hate her being a vampire and find it easy to accept the change I just have issues with certain things about it. Tho to be honest it's a bit early for me to say I like Vampire Eliza more than Human cause we had a year of Human Eliza so naturally I would like her as a human more. As the vampire version had yet to really get much time to show her struggles like her human self did. But I agree I really do like how she doesn't trust her self and wanting to improve her self which I think is a main reason she choose to work at the guild more than go out on quest.

Reactions: whichone

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
Damn I enjoy the game more when mc with other Li's. Don't get me wrong I enjoy Eliza but starting to get burnt out. Feels like MC is in a cage and goes out to play in the daytime.

Reactions: Wolfeszorn

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I can agree with that as well, what you said probably is a big reason why I don't hate her being a vampire and find it easy to accept the change I just have issues with certain things about it. Tho to be honest it's a bit early for me to say I like Vampire Eliza more than Human cause we had a year of Human Eliza so naturally I would like her as a human more. As the vampire version had yet to really get much time to show her struggles like her human self did. But I agree I really do like how she doesn't trust her self and wanting to improve her self which I think is a main reason she choose to work at the guild more than go out on quest.
lol True, I'm still torn as well. Couldn't choose which I prefer, but know where you're coming from with having more association with her as a human, due to more story time spent as that.
I would've preferred she didn't get crippled in the first place, but it has been (& will be) interesting watching her character develop, through both these tragedies. (y)

Reactions: Dessolos

ntohugo

Sep 14, 2022
About the last update... :HideThePain:

One day, bro is a powerful nephilim, and the next he's bowing to a weak human king... Pathetic
And of course, a new LI that we won't be able to avoid... :WutFace:

Eliza, the best LI. No surprises there, and I don't even care about the vampire shit because I'm only playing this to go full dark. She could go on a killing spree for all I care.

The pirates are coming back... Just why?????

Ah, yes, Selena is finally dead. :whistle: (Eliza killing her was crazy good)

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Some of you seem to think Eliza has a changed personality, which couldn't be further from the truth, if you think you have experienced every little nuance to her or anyone else's personality, you're dead wrong.

Eliza has experienced intense trauma and is still going through it, she has become a new species. Also it's been less than a week, god forbid she relies on the person she loves and trust to help her through this hardship and emotional trauma.

If you dislike Eliza because of her being a vampire, that's fine. But also it will never change, but claiming she has a different personality is a little absurd.
/Rant over

Glad to see so many of you have enjoyed the latest update, next one is already in full production and will be dropping in April, the update schedule on Patreon has been refreshed if you wish to know the exact release dates.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
No. And there never will be.

Nephilim is a combination of both high fantasy and dark fantasy, it will contain, humans, dwarves, elves, fairies, giants, orcs, trolls, goblins, wizards, ghosts, werewolves, beastfolk, gnomes, dragons, wyverns, hellhounds, demons, angels, devils, djinns, gods, goddess, celestials, divines, elemental lords, golems, succubuses, AND vampires.

I'm sure I left out a few, but you get the idea. If you can't stomach these things in a fantasy setting, Nephilim might not be for you.
Pretty sure he doesn't mind vampires existing in the story, just Eliza getting ruined being one.:cautious:

Apr 28, 2022
I just started playing, and i'm totally hooked! The writing is excellent so far!

That being said, i have a question. So in the first part of the game, you get ambushed by a bandit couple. One of the bandits is a girl named Irene. You have the option to kill her. Does she have a lot of scenes? Is she a significant character? Because otherwise she's toast

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Some of you seem to think Eliza has a changed personality, which couldn't be further from the truth, if you think you have experienced every little nuance to her or anyone else's personality, you're dead wrong.

Eliza has experienced intense trauma and is still going through it, she has become a new species. Also it's been less than a week, god forbid she relies on the person she loves and trust to help her through this hardship and emotional trauma.

If you dislike Eliza because of her being a vampire, that's fine. But also it will never change, but claiming she has a different personality is a little absurd.
/Rant over
Thanks for insight lol now I feel a bit like idiot I been over looking something right in front of my face why she seemed to want the MC approval more. since becoming a vampire and just been saying this entire time it felt like she couldn't think for her self but with trauma it makes so much more sense now. I guess I overlooked the trauma cause with her becoming a vampire it's something I kind of forgot about and was easily to overlook. I just knew it made her emotions go from 0 to 100% now so something did feel off to me but never occurred to me it was cause of her trauma being at 100% do to her heightened emotions.

Can't wait for the next update, seems it comes out right around my birthday thought be a week later so im happy about that, might have to replay this game from the start for the next update or the one after that :)

• Red Heart

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I just started playing, and i'm totally hooked! The writing is excellent so far!

That being said, i have a question. So in the first part of the game, you get ambushed by a bandit couple. One of the bandits is a girl named Irene. You have the option to kill her. Does she have a lot of scenes? Is she a significant character? Because otherwise she's toast
nah she isn't a major LI or anything at all tbh I don't even recall her

4.10 star(s) 59 Votes