Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That's on purpose. It's supposed to be getting dark in this shot.
That... doesn't excuse it at all. There's a way to make pictures look like they were taken in the evening or at night, and it's not 'just make it darker lol'. Eyes and cameras both adapt to darkness, so there should still be highlights. Quick very crude edit to try and give it an evening/night feel:
1873675_dojo36-evening.jpg 1873675_dojo36-night.jpg
It's not great, there's only so much you can do in post when the source image is too dark, but I hope it gets the idea across.

Abere Lucifer Productions

Formerly 'Doc5252 Productions'
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
That... doesn't excuse it at all. There's a way to make pictures look like they were taken in the evening or at night, and it's not 'just make it darker lol'. Eyes and cameras both adapt to darkness, so there should still be highlights. Quick very crude edit to try and give it an evening/night feel:
View attachment 1851250 View attachment 1851251
It's not great, there's only so much you can do in post when the source image is too dark, but I hope it gets the idea across.
Redid it. It's supposed to be a scene with the sun going down. That's why it has an orange glow to it.
dojo36.png

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
dam this site is so freakin late at giving me alert notices :mad:
most notices are like 4 to 5 pages behind the threads :mad:
Well we were very busy posting yesterday:p:whistle:;):KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:. But yea I get one notification (mostly Doc's renders) and there is around 10 to 20 other post.

i see everything posted quite a few pages behind .. oh well :(
You didn't miss much namely Doc posting a shit ton of Charlie #2 along all of the Asian girls renders and all of the memes.;)

Abere Lucifer Productions

Formerly 'Doc5252 Productions'
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Oh yes, that's so much better. The colour palette definitely makes it feel like the sun is low in the sky, while still utilising all the dynamic range of the image.
Thanks for the feedback. That is the reason I post some many renders. I want to hear what people think and maybe someone will find a problem with them. It helps me make better games.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. That is the reason I post some many renders. I want to hear what people think and maybe someone will find a problem with them. It helps me make better games.
yeah yeah i think you just want us to make you get a bigger head ..... wait that that way ... i mean the head with hair on it ... oh dammit .. fucking forget it :eek:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
i see everything posted quite a few pages behind .. oh well :(
The site is set up to give you a notice for the first thing you don't see, not to give you a notice of everything that follows. This is a particularly busy page - if you only check once a day or every couple of days, you'll always come back to at least two or three pages of posts and probably more. Doc will post a pic; that other guy with terrible spelling and grammar will add captions to the pic and repost it; then three or four people will post multiple .gif replies to both. One Doc post probably creates a full page of responses. Just the way it is.

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes