whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
This way, the MC can go back in time and impregnate his many times great grandmother Mary
Wouldn't that create a time paradox? :unsure:
As in, if you went back in time & impregnated your grandmother, she'd have your child, not your grandfather's.
So their child, which becomes one of your parents, wouldn't exist.
So you wouldn't exist.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jstreet

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
Not if you take into account that Eve is supposedly everyone's grandmother.
You know when Doc looks at what we post he is probably swearing that could make a Drunken Sailor blush and thinking now I need to rewrite the end of 23 because of these son's of Cheap Bastards. or he is going shit know I have a new idea to EC's update.;):coffee::ROFLMAO::KEK::KEK:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
As in, if you went back in time & impregnated your grandmother, she'd have your child, not your grandfather's.
So their child which becomes one of your parents wouldn't exist.
So you wouldn't exist.
Only if he knew that the child was not his.
In fact, there is no way that you could know at this time if you later in life traveled back in time, and quietly impregnated one of your own ancestors, unless you or she said something about it.
As for affecting time?
Who is to say that it did not happen that way in the first place.

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
So the child which becomes one of your parents wouldn't exist.
So you wouldn't exist.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Only if he knew that the child was not his.
In fact, there is no way that you could know at this time if you later in life traveled back in time, and quietly impregnated one of your own ancestors, unless you or she said something about it.
If you produced the child, it would not be the same as if the grandfather produced the child.
The child would not be the same genetic mix. It would be a different child.
Not your parent.
Which means you cannot be born.

Hence it's a time paradox.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
You know when Doc looks at what we post he is probably swearing that could make a Drunken Sailor blush and thinking now I need to rewrite the end of 23 because of these son's of Cheap Bastards. or he is going shit know I have a new idea to EC's update.;):coffee::ROFLMAO::KEK::KEK:
I doubt that we are stealing his ideas, but we may make him think of new insanities to immerse us in.
Which is a good thing.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I doubt that we are stealing his ideas, but we may make him think of new insanities to immerse us in.
Which is a good thing.
You are failing to consider alternate realities, as part of the equation.
One theory of time travel is that you actually go to a different dimension.
Meaning that the you from another dimension, impregnates your ancestors.
Likely the same DNA or similar, just different life experiences.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You are failing to consider alternate realities, as part of the equation.
One theory of time travel is that you actually go to a different dimension.
Meaning that the you from another dimension, impregnates your ancestors.
Likely the same DNA or similar, just different life experiences.
Your DNA contains totally different elements from the 25% you share with your grandparents, never mind many generations before that.
If you impregnate your grandmother, instead of your grandfather, then the child will not be your parent, so you cannot be born.
It's a logical contradiction. The very definition of a time paradox.

If MC is his own grandparent, that's a bootstrap paradox.
IF MC prevents his own birth, that's the grandfather paradox.

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
The Grandma Chronicles Continue...

Recap - Last February...I think it was...My 90+ year old grandma fell and hit her head. Since then she's been having serious problems. Last summer I took some time off and traveled to her home to spend some time with her. It was fun and saddening also.

Now - Right before Christmas my aunt and uncle decided my grandma's mind had gotten so bad that it was time to move her to an assisted living residence. I told them to give me a call when it was time for my grandma to move and I'd come help. Yesterday I got that call and a few hours ago I flew to NOLA and I'm here now. I'm going to be in NOLA for a few days, maybe longer, helping my grandma move and help her settle down in her new place.

I have my laptop but I can't do massive amounts of rendering done with it. I can write though. I will continue working when I get a chance. Anyway, please stand by....I'll keep y'all updated.
NOLA.png

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018

Recap - Last February...I think it was...My 90+ year old grandma fell and hit her head. Since then she's been having serious problems. Last summer I took some time off and traveled to her home to spend some time with her. It was fun and saddening also.

Now - Right before Christmas my aunt and uncle decided my grandma's mind had gotten so bad that it was time to move her to an assisted living residence. I told them to give me a call when it was time for my grandma to move and I'd come help. Yesterday I got that call and a few hours ago I flew to NOLA and I'm here now. I'm going to be in NOLA for a few days, maybe longer, helping my grandma move and help her settle down in her new place.

I have my laptop but I can't do massive amounts of rendering done with it. I can write though. I will continue working when I get a chance. Anyway, please stand by....I'll keep y'all updated.
View attachment 3281647
Doc family is more important go spent some time with your grandma.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

View attachment 3281647
Take care of your family. Hope things can be made comfortable for your grandma and that she can have some better experiences, and have people dedicated to her care, to make things better for her as she moves through this stage of life.

frelon71

Nov 29, 2018

View attachment 3281647
Hello, ok good luck to you both, good day

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020

View attachment 3281647

I think it's a noble thing you're doing to go down and help her and spend time that way Doc. I went through a similar situation with my grandmother when it became evident that she couldn't take care of herself living alone anymore. Best of luck with all of that process and hope you get some good memories out of all of it. Pretty sure we'll be here when you feel like checking in again. Appreciate you keeping all of us informed.

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes