5.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Feb 17, 2021
With respect, as a long term supporter until recently, I think you're wrong. I suspect that most of your audience would be fine with a lack of content for a few months in exchange for a significant quality bump. What you do with SFM is fantastic, but you've been bumping into the limits of what SFM can accomplish for a while now and other artists that aren't hindered by SFM are overtaking you. No-one (except maybe LazyProcrastinator) can pump out the quantity and quality that you do because you work very hard, and believe me when I say that I appreciate how hard you work - but you ARE going to get left behind eventually if you don't leave SFM behind.

I sincerely hope you heed my advice and look forward to the day I can monetarily support you and enjoy your work again.

(I hope none of this comes off as an attack or anything, it's not intended that way)
I've seen this with Sumthindifrnt. Supporters wanted him to shift to Blender for "better graphics". Then after years of small shitty bite sized pieces, all of his releases have been shit afterward, with most of his remaining fans still waiting for a comeback that will never happen.

He won't be left behind sticking with SFM. It's about content, not graphics; and 26Region puts out hours of content per year. 26Region cannot however make the same shit, he has to keep things fresh. Content matters at the end, because content creators like CHRS and Ragneg has massive amount of fans and they use a modded game that came out more than a decade ago(Skyrim) with canned animations by someone else; and sets them above even SFM/Blender artist, is that they know how cinematography and know how to intergrade story for foreplay.

Meth3rlence

Apr 14, 2021
Valid counter-points, but I still disagree. Sumthin's not really a great example though, his content even before the move had extremely varying quality from one release to the next (imho he missed way more than he hit, but that's just me).

CHRS and Ragneg have their niche in Skyrim, it's more than just the tool they use to make it, it makes sense for them to stick with that - moving away from Skyrim moves their niche. 26R's niche is DOA girls (and Samus) getting railed by demons, moving from SFM doesn't move him away from his niche - his audience doesn't follow him for SFM videos, they follow him for Honoka's ass getting pummelled by giant demon dicks :p

Areview

Aug 23, 2022
Until earnings drop, I don't see any reason to change. The closer we get to AI being able to make entire movies, the less all these engines and tools are going to matter. Spending more time focusing on cranking out content now might just be the way to go until animation is practically fully automated for you. Then an artist can decide if they want to learn a new manual engine, or just focus on having AI crank out animations and they just direct the content creation. Thats not far off.

Feb 17, 2021
Valid counter-points, but I still disagree. Sumthin's not really a great example though, his content even before the move had extremely varying quality from one release to the next (imho he missed way more than he hit, but that's just me).

CHRS and Ragneg have their niche in Skyrim, it's more than just the tool they use to make it, it makes sense for them to stick with that - moving away from Skyrim moves their niche. 26R's niche is DOA girls (and Samus) getting railed by demons, moving from SFM doesn't move him away from his niche - his audience doesn't follow him for SFM videos, they follow him for Honoka's ass getting pummelled by giant demon dicks :p
"his audience doesn't follow him for SFM videos" - Meth3rlence
So why demand he move to Blender? Why unsub to him just because he's sticking with SFM?

Here's the thing. You say that other artist are surpassing him. But are they really? Is there any artist that use Blender to produce content going upwards of nearly an hour, with medium length in-between the big releases nearing upwards of 15minutes that has monsters fucking girls? Until a Blender artist has, in terms of content, I don't think no one is surpassing him and you're more obsessed with "muh graphics". You hope that he would continue the same length of content in the same timeframe when he switches to Blender, but in reality it's just a pipe dream. Why, because no other content creator that use Blender has. There's a reason why 26Region is able to produce long form content, there's a reason why StudioFOW was able to produce long form content. It's why I emphasise that once someone figures out the goldmine of being able to animate within the Unreal Engine, a lot of the Blender content creators would shift to use Unreal, because a real time view of what your animating would look better than 5min per frame render in Blender.

The reason I reference CHRS and Ragneg is that they are proof positive that content trumps "muh grafix". I think you might be an ESL since you don't know what "niche" is. Skyrim is a tool that they use to animate, like SFM and Blender. But their niche tends to be equine/canine based animations, 30minute long ones at least twice a month. At the end of the day, people like content, sure it can look pretty and polished, but shit can be pretty and polished too.

Reactions: victor7620

EDought

Jan 29, 2019
where can I find these one with Lara? Is not listed in OP
It's in the "Shorts 2022 (up to 17 May, 21 vids)" collection, but it's a bit large, so I'll have some reuploads in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here it is
LARA VS GHOBLIN

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021
But i thought the saying was "you cant polish a turd" ;)
"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"
I've seen too many people rush to Blender, with every render and lighting setting turned on, have long render times, have obvious noise and artifacting, then end up producing dogshit. I've seen artist output one decent thing in Blender and spend years cucking supporters out of money thinking they're going to output something decent. People just "hope" that if he switches to Blender that he would output the same amount as he would have in SFM, but lets be real, it's not possible. If it was possible, other artists would have made a movie that is 40+minutes a long time ago and combo that with minor releases in between.

If you reference Animopron, she used Maya to animate which also has access to V-ray and Octane, and she probably had industry experience from the get go. Also helps that she used the same characters all 5 years of productions.

Meth3rlence

Apr 14, 2021
Your argument largely falls short when countered with "How many artists were making long 30min-1hr releases BEFORE moving to blender?" ... exactly the same as after artists moved. 26R outproduces most artists not because he sticks to sfm, but because he works notably harder. Blender didn't kill long releases, very few artists bothered with long releases to begin with.

Do I think he'd be able to output the same amount after a move? Depends what he moves to I guess, but I suspect it would slow him down. Maybe you're right in that UE5 is the way to go. You'll note that I've not once told him to move to Blender (though it's the most obvious/common choice), only that he should move away from SFM as it's clearly limiting him.

lazychicken

Apr 17, 2017
Personally, I think 26R can reduce his output by half as his work is amazing in exchange for more dabbling into Blender. He can share whatever fun turd he makes along the way of study blender for his fan so they do understand he is growing himself. If he worries about the loss of Patreon, he can give the deadline of 3-6 months for himself and fans. If he really can't use it, just let fan know and back to a normal production rate of his content in SFM. If he can get a feel for it and use it more, why not vroom vroom ahead with may be pictures in Blender and video in SFM as he is slowing shifting to Blender.

I do agree with Meth that 26R need to try blender again, but my reason is that SFM will sooner or later lose support from Steam so my man 26R need to grow his skill now before the day SFM being killed out of nowhere. At least some lifeline rather than purely focus on SFM then once it gone, he may be over stress as he had to adapt with Blender in order to make income.

Reactions: 1911atul

Aaz1945

Jun 28, 2021
It seems to me that the 26 region lacks a plot in films. For example, the last Samus was completely passable, at the level of Kokoro3.
At the same time, Helena or Full Moon 2 were much more interesting because of the small share of the plot. Especially the full moon. Those. with the same quality, adding more plot component would be the right and high-quality solution.

Jul 27, 2020
I studied for a month, I learned how to create landscapes, maps, etc. but there is not a single lesson on creating your own animation in UA5, all the lessons are adding ready-made animation from different sites.People animate the model into a blender and only then import the animation into UE5.My fire went out and I gave up studying.perhaps I could not understand something, because I am Russian and all the lessons are voiced in English.
Keep doing whatever you feel comfortable with bro, I have seen many artists switch to blender and disappear for months then come back with crappy animations and long waits for even small amounts of content. I don't want you to go down the same path as I love the content you make.

Reactions: victor7620

JAV4Life

Aug 27, 2018
i thought about this for a min, wasnt opiumud originally using SFM originally but eventually moved to blender and he does sorta similar long'ish movies. Things look better, but his animations still have that jank where its "good enough" to look like its doing whatever its doing and the dialogue/voice is cringe as always so to me it looks better, but nothing else has rly changed imo, but if you like his stuff whatever.

26 alrdy gave his thoughts so it doesnt rly matter what we say think/say anyway. all aboard the sfm train.

Mar 5, 2019
nice to see something thats not doa for once, hopefully he does more ME stuff
Miranda is easily one of my top three girls. Probably my top two. The husk release was pretty weak. I'd expect something more imaginative from 26Region, but it is what it is. Maybe he thought that some of her fans might be more put off, by something more extreme? When, in reality, that's what you'd want from a 26Region animation, with Miranda. I really hope he partners her up with more unusual partners, with greater sexual appetite than a husk.

Reactions: Giony

JAV4Life

Aug 27, 2018
miranda getting plugged up airtight by 3 krogan :unsure:, the positioning would be a little awkward considering their frame and how they actually move about but having 4 testicles garantees they can give her all she needs :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes