5.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Feb 17, 2021
A lot of sfm artists moved to blender from sfm. Sumthindifrnt is an example. The transition will be bumpy, but I think he can do it. But hey like you said, it's his choice to make. I only know one side of the story.
Bumpy is an understatement. 26Region, Sumthindifrnt; they excel at animation. Not rendering, not modeling. The sets, the models they use were ripped, rigged, and or modeled by other people. SFM allows them to put all of those together and make it work because all those assets are ripped straight from the game. Blender is a whole new toolset that you'd need atleast a year of dedicated investment in learning. You can't really balance that while trying to push content out in a new software. The creators that use Maya/Blender like Nyl, Wildeer, Animopron,G_B probably have a background in the 3D industry, or atleast went to a school for it. Nyl and Wildeer know how to use the software but also make/modify the models to work best in those software Not only that, they personally work on the models used to animate themselves, so they have enough polygons to work with, they paint the weight correctly when rigging, they have/generate the texture maps, they probably render out the passes and composite it in Nuke or Aftereffects. It's unfortunate that those animators do not share much of their workflow.

26Region transitioning to Blender would be the deathknell for his brand in the long term. Learning Blender takes time no matter the documentation. Even then, the main goal is too match the aesthetic as if the animation came from the game; otherwise it would be jarring like watching anime where they use CGI characters along side the hand drawn bits. It's also why Zone-Sama was successful because he made his animations look like they came from whatever show. All respect to 26Region, but if you think him transitioning to Blender will lead him to be as quality of Nyl, Wildeer, KisX,G_B you are delusional as he would need to learn a new pipeline, prep the models to work optimally. Those guys went into the scene already having the knowledge of Maya/Blender. He definitely can, but it will take a significant amount of time and he would bleed subs doing so.

Pairy Henis

Sep 17, 2019
Bumpy is an understatement. 26Region, Sumthindifrnt; they excel at animation. Not rendering, not modeling. The sets, the models they use were ripped, rigged, and or modeled by other people. SFM allows them to put all of those together and make it work because all those assets are ripped straight from the game. Blender is a whole new toolset that you'd need atleast a year of dedicated investment in learning. You can't really balance that while trying to push content out in a new software. The creators that use Maya/Blender like Nyl, Wildeer, Animopron,G_B probably have a background in the 3D industry, or atleast went to a school for it. Nyl and Wildeer know how to use the software but also make/modify the models to work best in those software Not only that, they personally work on the models used to animate themselves, so they have enough polygons to work with, they paint the weight correctly when rigging, they have/generate the texture maps, they probably render out the passes and composite it in Nuke or Aftereffects. It's unfortunate that those animators do not share much of their workflow.

26Region transitioning to Blender would be the deathknell for his brand in the long term. Learning Blender takes time no matter the documentation. Even then, the main goal is too match the aesthetic as if the animation came from the game; otherwise it would be jarring like watching anime where they use CGI characters along side the hand drawn bits. It's also why Zone-Sama was successful because he made his animations look like they came from whatever show. All respect to 26Region, but if you think him transitioning to Blender will lead him to be as quality of Nyl, Wildeer, KisX,G_B you are delusional as he would need to learn a new pipeline, prep the models to work optimally. Those guys went into the scene already having the knowledge of Maya/Blender. He definitely can, but it will take a significant amount of time and he would bleed subs doing so.
Couldn't have said it better myself but I'll dumb it down to people who don't wanna read this much.

Blender is a completely different ball game compared to SFM. SFM is basically a sandpit where as blender is a construction site, all around it's just more complicated.

Reactions: FalteringRelic
Feb 17, 2021
I wanted it just to see the progress, I don't even speak in discord
Long story short, ETA for Full Moon 2 end of June or early July. All the animation is done. It's just that the cost of the voice actresses are high and has spent his allowance this month on one of them already. He's going to spend next month(or should I say this months, his Patreon settings is set to charge the current month at the end of the month) deposit on the last voice actress needed.

The Helena "mini" that was suppose to release before Full Moon 2 as an appetizer also got delayed because- you guessed it, the cost of voice actresses. They go up to 5k now and for that, in my opinion, he could do better. Like atleast the voice actress could do their worth an correct grammar or rearrange the english so it makes sense. 26Region even said that it is up to them to fix and correct it(english isn't his native tongue) but you could tell they read it word for word with what 26Region wrote for a script. Surprised he hasn't used a voice actress with a thick russian accent.

He started working on "Sarah and the Unknown Planet 10". I think the monster is a Yautja.
I am sure other users will share update as will I; though I won't share links here to releases of his work. Support the guy man.

**Don't need a discord; this forum is adequate enough. People on discord aren't getting anything extra, and they don't really have a big influence on what gets made. Mostly people there share their perverse desires and try to get on a high horse when you share content. People end up being thirsty?/horny idiots that don't realize why he can't go to subscribestar and has to work around Patreon. I pitched the idea of putting up a bumper in front on his videos with a disclaimer saying actress are 18, its fiction, this does not support violence blah blah blah...as away to circumvent Patreons gaze.

zxxxz

Nov 6, 2019
Long story short, ETA for Full Moon 2 end of June or early July. All the animation is done. It's just that the cost of the voice actresses are high and has spent his allowance this month on one of them already. He's going to spend next month(or should I say this months, his Patreon settings is set to charge the current month at the end of the month) deposit on the last voice actress needed.

The Helena "mini" that was suppose to release before Full Moon 2 as an appetizer also got delayed because- you guessed it, the cost of voice actresses. They go up to 5k now and for that, in my opinion, he could do better. Like atleast the voice actress could do their worth an correct grammar or rearrange the english so it makes sense. 26Region even said that it is up to them to fix and correct it(english isn't his native tongue) but you could tell they read it word for word with what 26Region wrote for a script. Surprised he hasn't used a voice actress with a thick russian accent.

He started working on "Sarah and the Unknown Planet 10". I think the monster is a Yautja.
I am sure other users will share update as will I; though I won't share links here to releases of his work. Support the guy man.

**Don't need a discord; this forum is adequate enough. People on discord aren't getting anything extra, and they don't really have a big influence on what gets made. Mostly people there share their perverse desires and try to get on a high horse when you share content. People end up being thirsty?/horny idiots that don't realize why he can't go to subscribestar and has to work around Patreon. I pitched the idea of putting up a bumper in front on his videos with a disclaimer saying actress are 18, its fiction, this does not support violence blah blah blah...as away to circumvent Patreons gaze.
good information, thanks

Oct 23, 2020

Thank you very much, for all this information, I did not know how it was that I had a pay date, at least you made several things clear to me, although it saddens me to know that sooner rather than later, if I could pay 26 I would do it as one more support.

Feb 17, 2021
SFMMendez is on the discord. His recent release could be better; that being said the voice acting is on point. I hope SFMMendez collaborates with 26Region to direct better dialogue. It just seems that the voice actresses are phoning it in; like what the fuck. It was okay when I didn't know 26Region was shelling out nearly $5000USD for that shit...

Fergie

Oct 14, 2020
I personally doesn't like gangbang, it will be better if that amount of money just to make other video with slightly longer but with a solid story and fair amount of sex scene. For example the Tina mission is the perfect example. But for those gangbang fans yeah they have their glory dream, me personally feel kind of disgusting about gangbang. I also really sad that Pai Chan and warewolf video is aborted. I really like Pai Chan other than others because Pai Chan is only girl a see with unique wardrobe either sexy stockings or lingerie.....personal though

zxxxz

Nov 6, 2019
I personally doesn't like gangbang, it will be better if that amount of money just to make other video with slightly longer but with a solid story and fair amount of sex scene. For example the Tina mission is the perfect example. But for those gangbang fans yeah they have their glory dream, me personally feel kind of disgusting about gangbang. I also really sad that Pai Chan and warewolf video is aborted. I really like Pai Chan other than others because Pai Chan is only girl a see with unique wardrobe either sexy stockings or lingerie.....personal though
I personally ... he personally ... they personally ... everyone has their own taste, and the fact that you like it, you like it, and everyone has their own favorite heroes. so talking about what you like is not appropriate

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes