Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
xxerikxx

If it were me I'd just mouse over their name and hit the ignore button that pops up and be done with it.
That's what I did. When X reacted the way he did, I decided that he was either unable to recognize constructive criticism when he encountered it, or was neck-deep into fooling himself and others. In either case, just staying away from that sort of personality seems prudent.

Thanks for the advice, Myuhinny.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Clearly, either there is a significant language barrier [and Google Translate is doing you an incredible disservice], or you are having more trouble than the average person at understanding what I am saying.

And to be blunt, if I wanted to repeat myself, I'd prefer to hang with my toddler nephews; they are more amusing.

However, in the interest of addressing your numbered responses, allow me to address them quite simply.

You claim to have rendered several different images. Approximately two of them appear in the first game [apart from the placeholder images]. After starting the first game, you state -

'In this version of the game, the rest of the story will be text based with placeholder images.
I hope to create to create a game with quality full-sized pictures and animation in a later version.
Some of the scene descriptions are just meant to help the artist understand the scene.
Especially the sex scenes are difficult to write without pictures. I apologize for referring to position,

position 2 and so on.'

If you decided at some point afterwards to just make a text-based game, you should have simply replaced this text, as it promised an adaptation from cheap, text-based presentation to a more suitable framework. You chose not to do that. So please, stop arguing that this was always going to be a text-based game. You clearly intended it to be something bigger and either ran out of money or skills after rendering the first two [and only] images in the game.

For your second season, you offered these two images as being in the game -

View attachment 1460351 View attachment 1460353

These images appear nowhere in the game, in either 'season. If I pick up a book or a game with Darth Vader or Natalie Portman depicted on the cover, it is expected that one of those two will appear in the media within. When they don't it is referred to as a deceptive marketing technique called .

The problem here - imo - is that you aren't really good at receiving constructive criticism, which was offered in my very first post to you, and which you seem to have completely forgotten by the time you posted your response here. Indeed, your very first point was that I hadn't proposed any solutions. That tells me you are not reading my posts, but are instead using them as ammo for your responses, which have all been of an attacking nature.

I am quite finished with trying to reinvent the wheel with you every time we talk. I posted what was wrong with the game. You chose to ignore those points, and instead attack me as being 'retarded' and/or a 'troll'. Despite that, I still tried to help you see what others saw when they saw your games - good writing with substandard [yet correctable] execution.

Your response? 19 excuses and a death threat. Welp, that's me out. First part of addressing a problem is admitting you have one, and you just haven't reached that step yet.

This is proof that no honest evaluation ever goes unpunished. We're done here, X.
This is so stupid, but I can't just ignore all your lies and accusations.

1) All I have ever done is write a story and publish it for free on F95, I have no idea where the hate is coming from.
2) I have never rendered a picture in my life and I never will!
3) I have never ran out of money because the only thing that I have invested in writing my stories are time.
4) The fact that I would love to give those who enjoy my story a version with pictures is not a promise that I will spend thousands on dollars on an artist or learn skills that I have no time for or interest in learning. Like I have written time and time again: I would love it if an artist wanted to be a part of the project and help me to produce renders for the game.
5 )There is NO PICTURES in 2nd Chance and I have never claimed that there is.
6) I have done no marketing of these stories and are not trying to make any money out of this. I just wanted to release the story that I had been working on for free so those who enjoys the story can read them. Those who don't like TEXT BASED stories should not waste time on this!
7) I have no problem receiving constructing criticism, but you haven't offered any. If you look at my threads then you see that I discuss with everyone who want's to discuss the story or the writing. When you repeatably are saying that you wanted this TEXT BASED story to have pictures and call me cheep and dishonest then that's not constructive at all.
8) A death treat? I said: I will NOT shoot the messenger!!!

Last edited:

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
The game / visual novel is not completed. There is very limited artwork in the game so far. The sex scenes are not rendered and only described through actions and dialogue. That is why I have tagged this game as TEXT BASED. I have only used placeholder pics of the characters to give the player an understanding of what they might look like in the completed version.
But the game is "Completed" and there are still just some placeholder images -.-

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Yes, this is a text-based story. I have no idea why you are wasting time on writing about pictures in a text-based game.
You are using the word "placeholder" not me. Placeholder means, its holding the place until you switch it with a different image.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Not really.

You make certain decisions but the characters you don't control also have their own lives and will do what they want.

You can control the protagonists but you can't make other characters do what you want.
Well you should have control over your girlfriend and if she doesn't like it the break up with her - again a choice

McSweeney

Jun 2, 2017
Do any of the choices even matter in this game? There's some avoidable sex scenes but the game is very much on rails and the choices might appear to diverge, but they converge again very quickly. Really this is just a kinetic novel with the illusion of choice. The characters are naive and one dimensional. It's really unsatisfying to play.

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes