3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FiremanRick

Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys, trying to recolor Golden Palace gens (G8) so the "vagina" portion isn't quite so brilliant red. There's a "colorize gens" option, that lets me change Base Color, Transparency Color, and Transmitted Color. When I change Base Color, it's a drastic and far-reaching change; but when I change Transparency or Transmitted color, it doesn't see to change at all.

What am I missing? Just wanna tone down the color a bit. (Same with the brilliant red anus, but if I can do one, I'm sure I can do the other!)

Rick

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
What causes hair to not follow certain head movement?

I am trying this hair https://f95zone.to/threads/2021-11-hair-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-females.84831/ and it does not follow when the head is bending backward. The hair works fine when the head is bending side to side and back to zero position. Is this something I can fix within Daz or does it need rigging know-how to fix?
I just downloaded and installed the 2021-11 hair from that link, loaded a base G8F and added the hair, then used the "neck-head bend" pose control on the figure. The hair follows the head perfectly, out of the box.

So I can't reproduce the issue you are seeing.

For troubleshooting:

- If you isolate to just the most simple setup, (only G8F and the hair in scene) does the problem still happen?

- are there any errors in your daz log when you load the hair?

1623831044629.png 1623831061495.png 1623831094601.png

Last edited:

Feb 3, 2020
I just downloaded and installed the 2021-11 hair from that link, loaded a base G8F and added the hair, then used the "neck-head bend" pose control on the figure. The hair follows the head perfectly, out of the box.

So I can't reproduce the issue you are seeing.

For troubleshooting:

- If you isolate to just the most simple setup, (only G8F and the hair in scene) does the problem still happen?

- are there any errors in your daz log when you load the hair?

View attachment 1248454 View attachment 1248455 View attachment 1248456
The hair looks like it did not follow the head bending backward in the top left pic? You can see the hair protruding out at the forehead. Was the skull exposed in the same pose because the hair did not follow through all the way?

The hair works fine for me bending forward, side to side, or even backward a little. It just bends only to a very limited angle and then freezes in place when the head tilts backward.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
The hair looks like it did not follow the head bending backward in the top left pic? You can see the hair protruding out at the forehead. Was the skull exposed in the same pose because the hair did not follow through all the way?

The hair works fine for me bending forward, side to side, or even backward a little. It just bends only to a very limited angle and then freezes in place when the head tilts backward.
Well, I think I can see what you mean now i looked at it from a different angle LOL

1623889123984.png

After a bit of investigation I found the following hidden morph control on the hair. No idea why it is hidden by default. o_O

1623889352258.png

You can enable display of hidden morph controls via a setting under the "Parameters Pane -> Hamburger menu -> Properties -> Show hidden properties"

1623889448460.png

Reactions: 31971207

Feb 3, 2020
Well, I think I can see what you mean now i looked at it from a different angle LOL

View attachment 1250064

After a bit of investigation I found the following hidden morph control on the hair. No idea why it is hidden by default. o_O

View attachment 1250068

You can enable display of hidden morph controls via a setting under the "Parameters Pane -> Hamburger menu -> Properties -> Show hidden properties"

View attachment 1250070
Thank you! I was certain I've already checked for hidden morph and now I know why I missed it. This head-back-25 morph does not appear as "currently used" in zero pose and only triggers when the head is bend back. What kind of morph is this why would it be included in this hair?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Thank you! I was certain I've already checked for hidden morph and now I know why I missed it. This head-back-25 morph does not appear as "currently used" in zero pose and only triggers when the head is bend back. What kind of morph is this why would it be included in this hair?
That's a mystery only the god-like creatures of the Daz Vendor realm can answer. (i.e. I have no idea).

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
Query please:
1- Are there Tool to deform Breast mesh to simulate how real Breast are pull by Gravity?
2- If yes, why can so so many 3D game never use this Tool. Is difficult or expensive?

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Query please:
1- Are there Tool to deform Breast mesh to simulate how real Breast are pull by Gravity?
2- If yes, why can so so many 3D game never use this Tool. Is difficult or expensive?
Assuming we're talking about Daz here- There's a number of ways to simulate breast physics. You could use something like HD Nipples or HS dForce Breast to give the breasts dForce physics. If you wanted a "pull" effect you could use dForce magnets. There's also a BreastJig script though I've never used it.

As to why you don't often see it in 3D games, probably for a variety of reasons. Most VN's around here don't contain any animations at all, because the render time is exponentially longer than still frames and you'd need more powerful hardware to make it worthwhile (unless you have plenty of time to let stuff render). Doing simulations also requires significantly more time in the scene setup, whereas with still frame you only need to position the character/object. It's just a matter of your Daz knowledge, how much time you're willing to devote to rendering, and the overall vision for your game. Tons of very successful games have no animation whatsoever, or very limited animations of only a few frames (like Summertime saga). Most people probably just don't consider it necessary for the success of their game

Last edited:

Maxsterbrge

Aug 30, 2017
Hello, a pleasure, before all.
I'm a beginner who had been trying to understand how to use and work with DAZ, since I want to create my own game.
I had been doing some tutorials, following some guides and similar to know how to use it, and have even accumulated the assets necessaries for my game and everything, but I had found a wall that it's impossible for me to escalate.

I can't on any way, make my renders to have no noise. I had been looking over post and similar and have found that maybe the problem is my actual graphic card (and rx 570), since I actually have a decent cpu (ryzen 5 3600). I would like to hear opinions about this, and also some advices or help in how to fix this problem, since I want to continue learning about the program, and obviously continue with the game that I have planned.

Also, I had been looking over possible solutions, such as using octane to render the scenes, since its more compatible with an amd gpu. But I lack the knowledge over if this plugin is more advanced to what a novice such as me should use or not.

I appreciate any answer to this questions since I'm really desperate over this issue.
Thanks in advance.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hello, a pleasure, before all.
I'm a beginner who had been trying to understand how to use and work with DAZ, since I want to create my own game.
I had been doing some tutorials, following some guides and similar to know how to use it, and have even accumulated the assets necessaries for my game and everything, but I had found a wall that it's impossible for me to escalate.

I can't on any way, make my renders to have no noise. I had been looking over post and similar and have found that maybe the problem is my actual graphic card (and rx 570), since I actually have a decent cpu (ryzen 5 3600). I would like to hear opinions about this, and also some advices or help in how to fix this problem, since I want to continue learning about the program, and obviously continue with the game that I have planned.

Also, I had been looking over possible solutions, such as using octane to render the scenes, since its more compatible with an amd gpu. But I lack the knowledge over if this plugin is more advanced to what a novice such as me should use or not.

I appreciate any answer to this questions since I'm really desperate over this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Hi and welcome. A few questions to help us understand what you are doing at the moment:

Can you post an example of a render where you have the problems?
Are you using the "Nvidia Iray" render engine? or the legacy "3Delight"?
How long are you letting your renders run?
If you are using Iray, are you using a HDRI environment map for lighting? or individual lights?

As you have already be doing your own research, I'm sure you are aware that Daz is very limited when attempting to render using the Iray engine if you do not have an Nvidia GPU. It is possible to use the CPU only for rendering, but will take 20x - 30x time longer to achieve the same quality of output. (see here for comparisons of GPUs and CPUs ). Your AMD card cannot be used at all by the Iray engine.

In general, the Iray render engine is quite prone to "noise" or "grain" in the output.

Grain is the result of the render engine getting significantly different color calculation results for neighbouring output pixels that "in the real world" would have much closer colors. This would typically be due to insufficient information for the render engine to decide the color accurately, due to not enough information for that pixel's light - and not enough information is due to either not enough time to do lots of repeated calculation (which will average out the differences over time) or not enough/not strong enough light sources falling onto that surface, so each calculation might be for 2nd or 3rd (or higher!) level indirect bounces from weak or distant light sources.

It is generally suggested to use one of the following to try and solve:

1. Add more light to the scene, especially falling into the areas where there is "noise" (Note the light doesn't have to be bright or strongly visible - just enough so the render engine is able to get a more consistent result when calculating the color of the light bounces for the pixels in those areas).

1a. If you want a "dark room" with strong shadows style image, so you are purposely using weak lights, then you can achieve the look by using stronger lights and adjusting the "Tone Mapping" settings to make the final result darker.

2. Allow to the render to run significantly longer.

3. Use a denoiser (built-in or an external program such as the Intel denoiser)

4. Render at 1.5x or 2x resolution, then in an external program such as photoship, use a noise reduction filter and then resize your images down to the target size (this acts as a averaging filter for the pixel color variations while still retaining sharp details at your target image size)

Your question is very common and there are lots of threads. Here are a few that might help:

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-can-i-remove-that-damn-grain.8232/

https://f95zone.to/threads/need-help-with-graininess.31314/

Reactions: Maxsterbrge

Raava20009

Mar 5, 2017
Good folks need some help i want to complete delete my daz so i can reinstall and change the pathway to my 4tb external hard drive tried doing it myself and fucked it all the way up so and for some reason i cant uninstall it complete so i can do a fresh install so if anybody can help you boy out it will greatly appreciated thank in advance

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Good folks need some help i want to complete delete my daz so i can reinstall and change the pathway to my 4tb external hard drive tried doing it myself and fucked it all the way up so and for some reason i cant uninstall it complete so i can do a fresh install so if anybody can help you boy out it will greatly appreciated thank in advance
Try this link, you'll surely find what you need:

Nipun_Chamika

Jun 26, 2020
Guys, can anyone please help me with this?

When I try to make contact with the clothes the part of the clothing that is in contact with the hand just disappears. poke.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Guys, can anyone please help me with this?

When I try to make contact with the clothes the part of the clothing that is in contact with the hand just disappears. View attachment 1267648
This is due to the clothing object using "smoothing" and "collision" to try and avoid its mesh passing through the mesh of the character body.

When the mesh of the body parts are intersecting, there is no space between for the cloth to exist. So the algorithm does its best to minimise the collision, which pushed some parts of the cloth surface away from the arm and through the leg surface.

Here are two examples:
1. with the hand passing through the surface of the leg, and 2. with it slightly above the surface so there is no intersection.

1624793474569.png 1624793636235.png

In the case of your image, due to the position of the camera, you would want to show the forearm pressing into the flesh of the leg, with the clothing sandwiched between.

But Daz is not a softbody physics simulation engine (recent dforce stuff aside) so it cannot make these calculations itself.

You might be able to partially make it look ok using "d-formers" to push the vertexes around, or maybe the Mesh Grabber tool. I warn you it's not going to be easy.

Of course, maybe there is some way and a more experience Daz user than me can give you some help (and I could learn it too!)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nipun_Chamika

Nipun_Chamika

Jun 26, 2020
This is due to the clothing object using "smoothing" and "collision" to try and avoid its mesh passing through the mesh of the character body.

When the mesh of the body parts are intersecting, there is no space between for the cloth to exist. So the algorithm does its best to minimise the collision, which pushed some parts of the cloth surface away from the arm and through the leg surface.

Here are two examples:
1. with the hand passing through the surface of the leg, and 2. with it slightly above the surface so there is no intersection.

View attachment 1267814 View attachment 1267821

In the case of your image, due to the position of the camera, you would want to show the forearm pressing into the flesh of the leg, with the clothing sandwiched between.

But Daz is not a softbody physics simulation engine (recent dforce stuff aside) so it cannot make these calculations itself.

You might be able to partially make it look ok using "d-formers" to push the vertexes around, or maybe the Mesh Grabber tool. I warn you it's not going to be easy.

Of course, maybe there is some way and a more experience Daz user than me can give you some help (and I could learn it too!)
I got it.
Thanks for the info @osanaiko.✌

Reactions: osanaiko

It's Danny

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2021
Hi,

I'm setting up an animation right now. Normally I just select the frame I want to change, move the sliders and a key is automatically created for that frame.
Now I moved some sliders and no key was created. I then manually set the key, but the slider change was applied to all frames, not only the selected one.
I did some testing and it seems that it depends on where the slider comes from. In this case for example the sliders that failed are for the Golden Palace genitalia, while the normal body sliders of my figue work just fine.

Any idea how I can fix that and use these sliders for animations?

PS: I know that if you set a slider to a value by typing it in, it is always applied to all frames and that it has to be slided to create a different value for the current frame and therefore an animation. But both didn't work for the sliders mentioned above. They were always changed for all frames.

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
Assuming we're talking about Daz here- There's a number of ways to simulate breast physics. You could use something like HD Nipples or HS dForce Breast to give the breasts dForce physics. If you wanted a "pull" effect you could use dForce magnets. There's also a BreastJig script though I've never used it.

As to why you don't often see it in 3D games, probably for a variety of reasons. Most VN's around here don't contain any animations at all, because the render time is exponentially longer than still frames and you'd need more powerful hardware to make it worthwhile (unless you have plenty of time to let stuff render). Doing simulations also requires significantly more time in the scene setup, whereas with still frame you only need to position the character/object. It's just a matter of your Daz knowledge, how much time you're willing to devote to rendering, and the overall vision for your game. Tons of very successful games have no animation whatsoever, or very limited animations of only a few frames (like Summertime saga). Most people probably just don't consider it necessary for the success of their game
Many, many Games have, even still Images in, Woman laying on Back, Breasts pointed to Ceiling. I had Assume no Tools existed for this, but you list several. I just feel Confusion: Why Makers choose "Massive Boobs", if Maker can't cause these to look good?

Animations I can feel Sympathy: Much, much harder. But much Fascination of "Huge Boobs" is they hang/lie different, Position of Woman depending on.

If as Metaphor: If I know not how Cars move, maybe I choose not to create Racecar Game! :rolleyes::LOL: Seeming so ridiculous and silly, this, but happens so, so much!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote