3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
I don't know that figure specifically, but there are geo-graft add-on nipples like "Headlights" of "Real Nipples" that can be added to any figure.
Thanks for your answer osanaiko. I actually already tried using Real Nipples but it was bugged, it didn't showed properly, it must be because of the shells, but I have actually downloaded Headlights from here to test it out and they seem to work pretty well, so that's a problem solved!

But I still need help with this, when I said that I wanted to create nipple texture for not only her but in general, I was also saying for other custom figures that are not compatible with Genesis figures, I should have made that more clear, sorry about that, it's not really something that important so if no one knows that's not a problem at all and thanks a lot for your help osanaiko!

Raava20009

Mar 5, 2017
Good day folk I recently got my hand on these two produce

And no matter what i do the sliders won't show up in parameter tab i have tried install them manually i have also tried using the content package assist program but no dice either i hoping if any could tell what am doing wrong

probably_dave

Jun 3, 2017
I just got my hands on , a cartoon figure for G8F and she seems to not have nipples texture, so I wanted to know how could I create some nipples for her, not only for her but for other figures in general.

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not but any help is greatly appreciated xD
If you open the product in Smart Content, under Materials, there's an option to Show Nipples:
1627277023062.png

:EDIT:
This is usually try for most characters.

Skin Builder 8 also has the option to add Nipples to characters

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Right now I do every lense specific variation in postwork but I'm not quite sure if the realism could be improved when I try to figure out the lens settings for the specs instead. I'm a b/w enthusiast to CAs wouldn't be an issue (Iray won't simulate them anyway.)
The biggest issue I have is to figure out a feasible lens thickness. (The real-world spec is 60,8mm from the first vertex to the last.) I can't make any sense out of it in DAZ. No matter what I try with it, it seems to do nothing anymore. I've read some of the explanations on the internet, but they seem all to be outdated. Could somebody here elaborate me about it and maybe say from experience, if it is worth the hassle to deal with the general lens settings (besides "Blades") in DAZ or if it would be better to just use the correction different profiles in postwork tools?
I have no knowledge of camera so take it with a huge spoon of salt. Iray (or any path tracer) should be able to simulate any lens thickness (at least to some extend, there is some paper on it, and it's quite good). Now in Daz it's another story. Did you try to dig a bit at assets that simulate real world camera (35mm and so on) or something close to it? There is also quite a bunch of fish lens, while not about it, should worth investigating about how it's done.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Techn0magier

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I have no knowledge of camera so take it with a huge spoon of salt. Iray (or any path tracer) should be able to simulate any lens thickness (at least to some extend, there is some paper on it, and it's quite good). Now in Daz it's another story. Did you try to dig a bit at assets that simulate real world camera (35mm and so on) or something close to it? There is also quite a bunch of fish lens, while not about it, should worth investigating about how it's done.
under normal circumstances, the thickness of a lens combined with the number of changes between the materials (air and glass) as well as the different shapes of the elements, should lead to diffusion and straying light rays.
This setting seems to do smth like that in but it for some reason doesn't do that anymore.

I couldn't find sources for settings that try to emulate real camera and lens combinations. So I started somewhat from scratch by figuring out if similar stuff can be transferred from other render engines like cycles or octane. Those two are way better documented when it comes to photorealism. But to be fair DAZ and Iray have a very low bar when you try to compare documentation.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
under normal circumstances, the thickness of a lens combined with the number of changes between the materials (air and glass) as well as the different shapes of the elements, should lead to diffusion and straying light rays.
This setting seems to do smth like that in but it for some reason doesn't do that anymore.

I couldn't find sources for settings that try to emulate real camera and lens combinations. So I started somewhat from scratch by figuring out if similar stuff can be transferred from other render engines like cycles or octane. Those two are way better documented when it comes to photorealism. But to be fair DAZ and Iray have a very low bar when you try to compare documentation.
Ah I misread your first post sorry. I thought you were asking if it was possible.

Never really looked much into those setting, and yeah 'lens thickness' seems to do nothing (and doesn't look to be the only one). Looking at "doc" it seems introduced in (Added lens thickness control to basic camera; physically based active renderer; dynamically hidden) around 6 years ago. Not sure what happenned, tried to dig changelogs but found nothing.

Looked also into old camera assets out of curiosity but none seems to make any use of it (most use simple additive/multiplier for focal/FS to match real world camera I guess).

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Ah I misread your first post sorry. I thought you were asking if it was possible.

Never really looked much into those setting, and yeah 'lens thickness' seems to do nothing (and doesn't look to be the only one). Looking at "doc" it seems introduced in (Added lens thickness control to basic camera; physically based active renderer; dynamically hidden) around 6 years ago. Not sure what happenned, tried to dig changelogs but found nothing.

Looked also into old camera assets out of curiosity but none seems to make any use of it (most use simple additive/multiplier for focal/FS to match real world camera I guess).
I don't know if this is relevant in any way, but does enabling "spectral rendering" make any difference when playing with lens thickness? seems to me that stuff like chromatic aberration would require simulating different rays for the parts of the spectrum

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
CAs could be indeed affected IF Iray would generate them. That I have to test. Haven't used spectral for anything else besides some colour management before postwork. In normal render mode, it doesn't create CAs or other colour fringing.

No worries, I'm not a native speaker, so the clarity of my texts isn't the best xD

most camera setups I've found were aiming for a look and feel of cameras in general. some of them were pretty much nonsense. Like the number of lens blades. From 3 to 22 I've seen them a lot.:eek: For context before the blades were commonly curved, the common distribution was between 5 and 7, expensive brands ranged between 7 and 9. Now with rounded lens blades, it becomes pretty much futile to use a bunch of them to achieve round Bokeh.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I don't know if this is relevant in any way, but does enabling "spectral rendering" make any difference when playing with lens thickness? seems to me that stuff like chromatic aberration would require simulating different rays for the parts of the spectrum
I can't test it right now but it should definitely exacerbate CAs in theory (or the way I understand it). Should have tested that :unsure:. But imho with values I tested this morning it should have totally brick the render (did not).

no worrys, I'm not a native speaker, so the clarity of my texts isn't the best xD

most camera setups I've found were aiming for a look and feel of cameras in general. some of them were pretty much nonsense. Like the number of lenseblades. from 3 to 22 i've seen a lot.
English is my nightmare lot of time :HideThePain:
I don't use much camera setup outside an old one for close up tbh. Some are creative tho, like the one recreation posted back in the day (an SSS surface mount on a camera that simulate bokeh effect).

edit: mister thinking face

Last edited:

Styxed

Aug 25, 2020
Hello together,
I have question about creating a figure more specific I want to create a female Robot with genitalia and nipps, but I only find female Robots without them does somebody know how I make it happen I tried for now just with aura but when I add genitalia to it like with golden place and copy materials it gives just normal skin color.

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
Hello again. I was messing around with Headlights when I encountered a problem, Whenever I try to add a genitalia (be it the one that comes with Victoria 8, or even the New Gens for Victoria 8 & Golden Palace) there seems to happen a texture problem, both the nipples and genitalia become gray, does someone know a way to fix this or even other genitalia that is better compatible with Headlights? Thanks in advance!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hello again. I was messing around with Headlights when I encountered a problem, Whenever I try to add a genitalia (be it the one that comes with Victoria 8, or even the New Gens for Victoria 8 & Golden Palace) there seems to happen a texture problem, both the nipples and genitalia become gray, does someone know a way to fix this or even other genitalia that is better compatible with Headlights? Thanks in advance!
It's a known issue when you have more than one geograft on a figure - applying another geoshell texture overwrites/breaks the other textures. Generally the product will come with a "fix geoshell texture" script. On the Headlights G8F product, the script is called "!Shell Fix", but for other products the exact name may be different. Read the instructions that comes with the product, it should also explain how to fix the issue manually if the script fails.

Reactions: AnchovyFuta

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
It's a known issue when you have more than one geograft on a figure - applying another geoshell texture overwrites/breaks the other textures. Generally the product will come with a "fix geoshell texture" script. On the Headlights G8F product, the script is called "!Shell Fix", but for other products the exact name may be different. Read the instructions that comes with the product, it should also explain how to fix the issue manually if the script fails.
Thanks again osanaiko! I have tried that but it seemed to not work in the first time, I tried again with Golden Palace as it's seems to be the only one that has a shell fix (and it even says in the instructions that you should use it if you use headlights) And I also used the shell fix for headlights and it seems to work, I had to use both because if I used the Golden Palace shell fix, it only fixed the nipples, not sure if I needed to apply on both but it works so that's good enough. I know someone that uses both as you can see on this image , so that's why I asked for a way to fix it as it seems to be possible... Anyways, thanks a lot for helping again!

Reactions: osanaiko

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks again osanaiko! I have tried that but it seemed to not work in the first time, I tried again with Golden Palace as it's seems to be the only one that has a shell fix (and it even says in the instructions that you should use it if you use headlights) And I also used the shell fix for headlights and it seems to work, I had to use both because if I used the Golden Palace shell fix, it only fixed the nipples, not sure if I needed to apply on both but it works so that's good enough. I know someone that uses both as you can see on this image , so that's why I asked for a way to fix it as it seems to be possible... Anyways, thanks a lot for helping again!
There are two ways to fix that problem.
1. Select one of the shells and go into the parameters tab. In the shell category look for the surfaces of the other shell and turn them off.
2. In the parameters tab you can set the offset distance. Most shells use 0.010. Set one of the shells to 0.020 and it should work. This way you are able to use multiple shells on top of each other.

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
1. Select one of the shells and go into the parameters tab. In the shell category look for the surfaces of the other shell and turn them off.
2. In the parameters tab you can set the offset distance. Most shells use 0.010. Set one of the shells to 0.020 and it should work. This way you are able to use multiple shells on top of each other.
Thanks for the help Lewd4D, if I do that I would be able to use New Gens For Victoria 8 right? I don't mind using Golden Palace as I will mostly use Headlight with it for some solo shots but it would be great to use Headlights & NGV8 for some couple shots as I prefer NGV8.

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks for the help Lewd4D, if I do that I would be able to use New Gens For Victoria 8 right? I don't mind using Golden Palace as I will mostly use Headlight with it for some solo shots but it would be great to use Headlights & NGV8 for some couple shots as I prefer NGV8.
I also use NGV8. If you look into the parameters of the headlights shell you should see something like "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" deactivate both and it should look normal.

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
I also use NGV8. If you look into the parameters of the headlights shell you should see something like "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" deactivate both and it should look normal.
Well, that was easy! It worked wonders, thanks a lot!

Seizing the opportunity, does someone know a way to fix ? This only happens with custom characters or skins ported outside of Daz, it seems that the texture are not matching but I'm not really sure about that...

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Oh cool, this is the info I was looking for but couldn't find the thread I had found it previously. Nice.

AnchovyFuta says:
> Thanks for the help Lewd4D, if I do that I would be able to use New Gens For Victoria 8 right? I don't mind using Golden Palace as I will mostly use Headlight with it for some solo shots but it would be great to use Headlights & NGV8 for some couple shots as I prefer NGV8.
i guess you could just try it with the various combinations and see which one works best.

EDIT: oops looks like i was too late to the reply party and the issue is already solved! good luck AnchovyFuta, looking forward to see what you come up with!

• Red Heart

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Does someone else have the problem that canvas settings randomly reset from some scenes?
I add a beauty canvas and save the scene. When i open the scene again it is still there but when i reload the scene again it is gone.

Feb 3, 2020
What is the easiest way to make minor color/tint edits in face textures for G8F using GIMP?

Someone was nice enough to give me his private character but the mascara and eye shadow on the diffuse map are kinda heavy. I would like to change it to a cleaner look. It's easy to add mascara and eye shadow using LIE or makeup channel in G8.1 but I don't know how to remove it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote