3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Apr 18, 2021
I need help making a soapy shower scene in Daz Studio 4.+
My character is a G8 with New Gens. When applying "Soap Suds Iray" it breaks the material for the New Gens, turning them grey. Then half the time DS crashes.
Can anyone recommend a good G8 soap effect that works with New Gens or is there a better way to do this? Should I be using different Gens completely? For now I may just have to do it without any Gens or bust out Photoshop for that area.

Got "Iray Foam and Bubbles" which work perfectly. (y)

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I need help making a soapy shower scene in Daz Studio 4.+
My character is a G8 with New Gens. When applying "Soap Suds Iray" it breaks the material for the New Gens, turning them grey. Then half the time DS crashes.
Can anyone recommend a good G8 soap effect that works with New Gens or is there a better way to do this? Should I be using different Gens completely? For now I may just have to do it without any Gens or bust out Photoshop for that area.
There are three kind of soap effects.
  • Geoshells (like "soap suds"). When they are applied, they interact with the other shells on the char and this may cause this kind of effect. I do not know ngv8, but there is probably a possibility to reapply the texture on it.
  • Props. Just some bubbles with specific shaders. Like this for instance .
Some assets even have props that are wearable by a character. I know Powerage made some products like that or but I am certain that others exist.​
  • Decals They can project any shader on any surface. Very flexible, but they must be positioned precisely. There is at least a product with decal soap by Kindred but maybe there are others.
These products can be complementary depending if you have a close up or a general view, full light or twilight, etc, and you can probably apply the shaders of a product on the props of another one if you prefer.

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
content missing?
I downloaded this asset (2) [DAZ] Strip Club VIP Lounge and Iray Lights | F95zone and came up with this: Screenshot 2021-08-16 144727.png
Resulting in this Screenshot 2021-08-16 144601.png
I READ the read me's including with the download from here and tried that first.
So I unzipped the file and found there were no .dsf files to be found.
So... I looked for those with Goo gle search and Bin g, I got zip And further in DAZ 3D directories pages.

I can dumb sometimes but I can't reconcile the missing .dsf files have something to with this
Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 18, 2021
content missing?
I downloaded this asset (2) [DAZ] Strip Club VIP Lounge and Iray Lights | F95zone and came up with this: View attachment 1356291
Resulting in this View attachment 1356294
I READ the read me's including with the download from here and tried that first.
So I unzipped the file and found there were no .dsf files to be found.
So... I looked for those with Goo gle search and Bin g, I got zip And further in DAZ 3D directories pages.

I can dumb sometimes but I can't reconcile the missing .dsf files have something to with this
Any help would be appreciated.
Hey I checked out the file and the assets being called for are definitely included. Somehow when you installed it these files didn't make it where they needed to go. I would recommend installing it manually to assure you get what you need.
To do this, locate your Daz library. This is not necessarily where your Daz Studio program is installed. You would have chosen this during installation. To find it, in DS go to Edit > Preferences. Then:
daz directory.png
As you can see, mine is in I:DAZ 3d/Library. Yours is probably different. Go there in Windows and you'll see all your file folders like "Data, People, Props, Runtime, Scenes, Props" etc. Then you need to go to the .RAR file you downloaded for this asset, open it, open the "My Library" folder, then drag the "Scenes, Props, data" folders into your Library where matching folders are. Rewrite over any existing files (if there are matching files that is a good thing, it means you put them in the right place).
This seems complex but it isn't. Keep in mind your "Library" may be called, "Contents" or something different and make sure the folders are matching when you drag them over. I recommend doing this for all installs so you never miss anything.
Untitled.png

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Anyone here using Blender and Diffeomorphic? I have a couple of issues I'd like solved, but conversation has stagnated in both Blender and Daz forums.

First off, I am somehow unable to get the HD import to work. No errors or anything, but for example GP geoshell gets attached to the LD mesh, and the HD mesh is overlapping it with barbie gens. Another issue is that I can't get the eyes to work in Eevee (they work fine in Cycles) but that's not really pressing since I'm half a mind to completely change them for proper geometry/shader eyes.

But the most annoying thing is that 8.1 Vellus hair. They don't render and I only see them in viewport as black guide lines. Any ideas how I can get them to work? Or a product that DOES work instead?

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Anyone has managed to get Lifelike nipple graft to work on 8.1? It says it works, and the graft applies, but the material copy throws an error.

Vignum

Jul 6, 2017
About Daz3d and Unity/UE, I noticed that the bridge offered by Daz has been removed and there's no sign about them being updated any time soon, so my question is, how do I use Daz3d assets in Unity or Unreal? I couldn't find any updated guide in the forum :whistle:

lokke

Apr 3, 2019
hi. some daz assets i have put in the My Library folder do not appear when importing like my other content, while some will.

namely props, eg cum pro and room builder
others like gens, hair, etc work fine.

any suggestions? am i just being super dumb?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
hi. some daz assets i have put in the My Library folder do not appear when importing like my other content, while some will.

namely props, eg cum pro and room builder
others like gens, hair, etc work fine.

any suggestions? am i just being super dumb?
It depends on how you try to access them. With "content library" all items should properly appear. With "smart content", only items with metadata can appear. Probably "cum" comes from renderotica and does not have matadata. For "room builder", I do not know which asset it is. Probably from daz, most daz assets have metadata, but there are some items like "create a room" by Collective3D that are very old and use poser format. Poser assets do not have metadata and are located in content library>poser formats.

lokke

Apr 3, 2019
It depends on how you try to access them. With "content library" all items should properly appear. With "smart content", only items with metadata can appear. Probably "cum" comes from renderotica and does not have matadata. For "room builder", I do not know which asset it is. Probably from daz, most daz assets have metadata, but there are some items like "create a room" by Collective3D that are very old and use poser format. Poser assets do not have metadata and are located in content library>poser formats.
they still dont show up there even

i probably should mention as well (sorry, this is probably a big thing too) that they dont show in the pop up box for importing either, when rightclick>content db maintence>process queue and reimport

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
they still dont show up there even

i probably should mention as well (sorry, this is probably a big thing too) that they dont show in the pop up box for importing either, when rightclick>content db maintence>process queue and reimport
I do not understand what you do. Have you read the thread on product installation. https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/
If your items are installed properly (either with IM or by a direct copy), they *must* appear in "content library". You just have to rightClick>refresh and to look at the proper directory location.
Sincerely, never heard of "reimport", "content db maintenance", "process queue", etc, and never used that. Daz use is much simpler.

InfiniTales

Aug 11, 2021
About Daz3d and Unity/UE, I noticed that the bridge offered by Daz has been removed and there's no sign about them being updated any time soon, so my question is, how do I use Daz3d assets in Unity or Unreal? I couldn't find any updated guide in the forum :whistle:
For Unity, you can check out the . I've been trying it instead of Daz's Official one since it seems further developed. It works well, with one key disadvantage: Morphs can be exported EXCEPT for geographs.

If you want working morphs on geographs, exporting to Blender first through is probably the better option. Then from Blender go to Unity, and that should work for UE as well.

Reactions: Vignum

3dbrah

Jun 20, 2020
How to avoid this problem with Breastacular, Dicktator and Golden Palace when rendered with Octane render engine in Daz Studio? I always get weird situations on the body of my models if I use Dicktator/Golden Palace/Breastacular in Octane. Normally Octane carries materials and textures over from Iray. If there is any solution at all, or if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know. I cant be the only one having these problems.

image.png

EDIT: These black areas are removed if you remove the breastacular and golden palace shells, and press "replace all active maps in Octane materials tab after loading a skin that came with Octane render kit from Daz Studio. But then the problem is, its not possible to use breastacular/dicktator/golden palace textures. How can i then make/add my own textures?

Last edited:

lokke

Apr 3, 2019
I do not understand what you do. Have you read the thread on product installation. https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/
If your items are installed properly (either with IM or by a direct copy), they *must* appear in "content library". You just have to rightClick>refresh and to look at the proper directory location.
Sincerely, never heard of "reimport", "content db maintenance", "process queue", etc, and never used that. Daz use is much simpler.
i am manually installing content since a lot isnt dim compatible.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
i am manually installing content since a lot isnt dim compatible.
With a manual install, check where are the files you are copying by looking the zip. They *will* appear in your content library after you right-click>refresh and looking at the zip allows you to locate them.
Two exceptions.
1/ If the file *only* has a 'data' directory (with potentially 'Documentation', 'Readme', etc), the asset will only appear as dials. Probably you will have to restart DS to see them.
2/ if the file *only* has a 'runtime' directory, it is a poser asset. It will *not* appear as a Daz Studio asset. Instead it will be in 'poser content' in the content library. Poser content can be difficult to find . A given asset can be spread in several directories. I personnaly have several poser top level directories (for clothing, envs, etc) to add a bit of structure, but there is no magic solution. To not forget to right-click>'add runtime directory' the first time you add a poser top level directory, and to right-click>refresh after adding files.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote